Pattaya: Victims of online "BUY" scam - Thais and foreigners - report to police

webfact

14 minutes ago, quake said:

Thais and there greed. no sympathy at all.

As opposed to people paying $18,000 for a faux currency?

Or investing in a rideshare service that has never had 2 profitable years in a row?

Or a car company with a P/E of 670?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Mavideol said:
On 12/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, Qualibus said:

I think you mean that "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is [too good to be true]", that's the way the expression goes.

you must be one of these " I know it all" Americans....

No, I certainly am not an American and I do know what "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" means.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't" is the opposite of that.

On 12/10/2020 at 6:38 AM, jacko45k said:

Not completely true.... greedy is more the problem, and overly trusting.

I have been victim to a couple and thought I had given due diligence. I may be overly trusting but like to think not stupid.

Easy for those who have not yet been victim to yell stupid at others, but I have yet to build a house in Sakhon  Shytethole for someone else's family. 

Neither  have I given money to a Thai to build a house .. dont run away from the word that fits this .. it's not 'trusting'. It's "stupid"!!!

Edited by pixelaoffy

Some posts using some derogatory trolling remarks have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:55 PM, ChipButty said:

Neither can duct tape

Wrong. If properly applied to the mouth and nostrils relief is felt in less than 5 minutes. It's a permanent cure too. Stupidity does not recur once properly treated. 

29 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Wrong. If properly applied to the mouth and nostrils relief is felt in less than 5 minutes. It's a permanent cure too. Stupidity does not recur once properly treated. 

My Dad used to say that if you dunk your head in a bucket of water twice and only take it out it once, it would cure all your ills.

• Haha 1