Covid-19 from Tachilek found in 7 Thai provinces

snoop1130

13 hours ago, asiacurious said:

What horribly bad fact reporting.  The headline says....  

Seven?  Then why does article only mentions one province by name?

I suppose the the woman from Sing Buri province is actually now in Sing Buri province (though the article doesn't actually say that clearly).  The article also does not mention which province the 5 health care workers are in, but as they eat lunch together one would guess they are not in 5 separate provinces.  

So at best the article gives us only:

• 1 clearly stated province
  • 1 ambiguously stated province
  • 1 unknown province

With basic math, that's 3 provinces not 7.

Even with the fuzziest of math, it's no more than 4 or 5 provinces max!

Ugh.

The hospital where health workers were infected is BNH Hospital in Bangkok. The workers were at an ASQ hotel affiliated with BNH, and have been isolated and quarantined. Naturally, it caused a panic among BNH visitors and patients. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I guess they don't want to scare people from traveling during the long weekends, so better not tell which they are. Anyway, it's all under control according to the health minister.....

You are right!  This is consistent with an article I read years ago from a government official who said "  a little white lie is O.K. " ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Natai Beach said:

I guess you have no other news sources than tv forum and the Nation. Then you guess, make up a conspiracy theory and then other people who also only read the Nation and Thaivisa forum and then believe it, then it somehow becomes fact and the ranting and raving commences.

You could always ask a Thai.

The seven provinces as widely reported on the Tv, the radio, in newspapers and online (But not in the Nation or TVF) are 

Chiangrai

Payao

Bangkok

Pichit

Singburi
Ratchaburi

Chiangmai

https://news.ch7.com/detail/453954

What a perfect way to instil fear, i.e. a few months before the vaccines are to arrive in Thailand, I mean after all there was no mention of Covid domestically for at least 8 months, only those returning from overseas would be infected and quarantined right ?.

So if you start spreading fear now, but also ensuring people that everything is under control (which we know people don't trust this government), there will be a build up of anxiety and more to follow in months to come as the "news" of Covid spreads, then keep the finger on the pulse of the vaccine news coming, left, right and centre and round up the sheep straight through those vaccination gates, this one included ????

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but this Nrma vaccine is apparently a breakthrough in its development so why not roll the dice, nothing to lose oi !

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

It's going to be in a heck of a lot more than seven provinces after the coming long holiday weekend. This is so typically Thai, they do a great job and then get bored and want to do other things, and the end result is a whole mess.

Bit like thai marriages. 

They pick what they want.

See what someone else has, and wants some of that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you are concerned over fears of infection from Covid, the drug Ivermectin has shown very strong protection from the virus. See the Thaivisa thread, "Ivermectin looking promising in lab against Covid-19". There you will see studies linked and a US Senate testimony by a physician and World subject matter expert from two days ago.

13 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

very few in my locality wear masks except in Tesco or Big C and mostly incorrectly, outside of shops 75% of those that do wear them they are on their chins or just covering their mouths, some only have the masks hanging from 1 ear.

The masks commonly worn are completely useless any way, they are just government virtue signalling. They are not N95, and they do not make a complete seal. Medical masks are not designed to protect against viruses. Even if someone coughs it will go airborne through all the gaps.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, asiacurious said:

What horribly bad fact reporting.  The headline says....  

Seven?  Then why does article only mentions one province by name?

I suppose the the woman from Sing Buri province is actually now in Sing Buri province (though the article doesn't actually say that clearly).  The article also does not mention which province the 5 health care workers are in, but as they eat lunch together one would guess they are not in 5 separate provinces.  

So at best the article gives us only:

• 1 clearly stated province
  • 1 ambiguously stated province
  • 1 unknown province

With basic math, that's 3 provinces not 7.

Even with the fuzziest of math, it's no more than 4 or 5 provinces max!

Ugh.

I have in else news read about five provinces that have had at least one infected of those sneakers. That is Chang Rai, Chang Mai, Phichit, Sing Buri and Bang Kok. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rancid said:

The masks commonly worn are completely useless any way, they are just government virtue signalling. They are not N95, and they do not make a complete seal. Medical masks are not designed to protect against viruses. Even if someone coughs it will go airborne through all the gaps.

That's not exactly true.  N95 is the best, but other masks work also.  Worth a watch:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/11/11/which-masks-work-best-coronavirus-cdc-guidance-todd-tsr-pkg-vpx.cnn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieinThaiJim said:

Why then is Phetchabun having road blocks temperature testing etc? Our village team have been alerted by the Governor of Petchabun !

Time to be on high alert!

perhaps they're concerned it will spread to the tamarind trees and the strawberry bushes 

3 minutes ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

What 7 Thai provinces are they talking about? Thaivisa why are you putting out half information. People know the virus is out there but where?  Before you get it right it will be in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket. 

If you read the full thread.....

Is it any wonder you're under informed?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Guderian said:

It's going to be in a heck of a lot more than seven provinces after the coming long holiday weekend. This is so typically Thai, they do a great job and then get bored and want to do other things, and the end result is a whole mess.

Exactly...........mask wearing has taken a big hit everywhere I have travelled to of late.

• Like 1