Britain, EU set Sunday deadline to clinch Brexit trade deal

webfact

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You can have the honour of buying British products, supporting British industries, claiming back those industries that were eroded, having some pride in your country for delivering on a democratic referendum against the EU (the first ever country to do that) and be thankful you are not one of those countries gullible enough to think they are part of anything other than a unification of Europe.

Other than that you can whinge on here and try and get a passport from the EU. What a great bonus.????

and how big is our Brexit bonus?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You never read what I said. Seems to be a trait for those who love the EU.

There you go again. ????

I can't open the link, asks for trial/subscription...

I thought you listed all the article, why didn't you put UK section if there was one, pick and choose Brexit style, ha...! Or does it look bad...!? ????

2 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I thought you listed all the article, why didn't you put UK section if there was one, pick and choose Brexit style, ha...! Or does it look bad...!? ????

Doubt it....it must spell out and quantify the Brexit bonus....555

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I will help you out.

If you click the link you can  read the first part for free. That's the UK bit basically besides a few sentences. The rest you need to be a member which I pasted for you.

In my first sentence I mentioned a balanced view not what you are suggesting????

Edited by Laughing Gravy

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I will help you out.

If you click the link you can  read the first part for free. That's the UK bit basically besides a few sentences. The rest you need to be a member which I pasted for you.

In my first sentence I mentioned a balanced view not what you are suggesting????

Technical confusion I guess, we can't read the UK bit, please copy/paste it here for us...

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I hope this is done soon, deal or no deal, so we can move onto more important topics than the UK

You were free 4 years ago and now and move on to what you regard as important topics and also free to refrain from reading any of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I agree and I did what you did. Selectively choose part of a sentence.

Sure, selectively part-quoting is perfectly fine if it improves readability while not changing the context. Common practice when writing research or thesis papers; I’ve yet to find anyone who’s unnecessarily full-quoting someone without getting his fingers slapped. 

It’s somehow amusing that Brexiteers (you’re not the first one) complain about this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

You were free 4 years ago and now and move on to what you regard as important topics

Yes, and I find it regrettable that the EU didn’t do that earlier. if it was for me, I would have ended this circus long ago already. 

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

and also free to refrain from reading any of it.

Agree. I’m free to refrain from reading any of it. ???? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Common practice when writing research or thesis papers

It certainly is not and using various citation sources such as APA you would be found to be plagerising.

20 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Sure, selectively part-quoting is perfectly fine if it improves readability while not changing the context.

No it does not it is misrepresenting the truth, like you did and tried to justify yourself.

21 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It’s somehow amusing that Brexiteers (you’re not the first one) complain about this.

Not complaining just stating the obvious. Who says that the remainers have the intellect!

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I hope this is done soon, deal or no deal, so we can move onto more important topics than the UK. 

You think it's the end of it? it will define the landscape of British politics for the next 20 years, blaming each other for the Brexit failure and even defining new party lines like the Brexit party

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It certainly is not and using various citation sources such as APA you would be found to be plagerising.

1. Inline direct quotes are perfectly fine using APA. 
2. Plagiarism has more to do with (not) giving the right credits/source (than with full vs. partial quotes); and 

3. A full-quote could more easily be considered plagiarism than just citing the specific piece of statement or information that’s relevant or being referred to (the extreme of a full-quote would be to copy-paste the whole article/book).

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No it does not it is misrepresenting the truth, like you did and tried to justify yourself.

Except I wasn’t. 

14 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

1. Inline direct quotes are perfectly fine using APA. 

You are talking about academic writing. Where was the quotation marks, the reference. You can not compare writing on a forum or justifying it as equivalent to APA standards.

Plagiarism has more to do with (not) giving the right credits/source (than with full vs. partial quotes); and

It is also about copying peoples work. as you did my sentence but partially.

A full-quote could more easily be considered plagiarism than just citing the specific piece of statement or information that’s relevant or being referred to (the extreme of a full-quote would be to copy-paste the whole article/book).

Both can be. Either way using a partial sentence is misrepresentation of the complete statement and sentence

Except I wasn’t. 

We have your take on that. The issue is again and hardly requires scientific and academic writing to justify it. If you want to take parts of what was written expect to be challenged on it for a variety of reasons and it leads to being interpreted as bias, not factual or misleading.

An example.

"I really hate people writing false statements".

If you paste "I really hate people".   It has a completely different meaning and representation from the truth.

As you say you were not but as i do not have the abilities of reading crystal balls as many seems to have on here. How would I know!

Have a good day.

• Like 2