UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

OK, I am willing to listen , what percentage of leavers wanted to "completely leave " ?

I take it you know the answer to that and that you are telling the truth , I would have to think you were lying.

So, what percentage of leavers wanted to leave completely ?

I would hope bigotry is always a minority.

Just now, oldhippy said:

Does every other country have visa free travel to the EU?

Does every other country have the right to export vegetables covered in pesticides? - or does every other country have to respect our regulations?

Are the UK asking for E.U citizens to get visa free ravel to the E.U ?

Is the UK asking the EU to accept vegetable covered in pesticide ?

Is the UK asking for special treatment or just to be treated like other Countries ?

1 minute ago, bannork said:

If you want tariff- free access to a market, you have to play by that market's rules, especially when you're a lot smaller than the market.

Is that so difficult to understand?

If the E.U wants tariff free access to the UK markets , they will have to reciprocate aswell  

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, Hi from France said:

You can't change the immediate future, and of course not the past, but YES things might have been different: right now a fringe of extreme brexiters have 100% power in the UK, the reality of public opinion the UK is much more balanced, with a majority now thinking brexit was a mistake in the first place. See image/video below

In the long game the old brexiters retirees will die and simple demographics will bring the UK in close association with Europe again. I read  an interesting term above: "rejoiners"

image.png.dcda172f46c1a3d510014e8ccc73bc26.png

25 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

not at all : there was and is still a whole range of opinions: those who wanted to "completely leave" are a minority

Do you need a reminder of the promises that were made to voters?

image.thumb.png.c1135adda155b5b2b212fd9e6d36b399.png 

There must be a reason why you are shy to publish any links, is it because the above image has been edited

I must admit I have never heard of TLDR News UK 

• Like 1

France gears up for war with European neighbours if locked out of British waters by no deal Brexit

Dimitri Rogoff, president of the regional Normandy fishing committee, agreed the Dutch posed problem.

“They practice what I would call a scorched-earth policy: when there is nothing left, they look elsewhere. We saw it with electric fishing. That cannot sit with our fishermen who fish locally and don’t look elsewhere when nothing’s left,” he warned.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/12/france-gears-war-european-neighbours-locked-british-waters-no/

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

indeed, if Boris was so convinced that WTO deal was the best way to go, why did he keep coming back to the negotiating table?

and was desperate enough to reach out Macron and Merckel in the 11th hour ????

It is considered that it would be better to have a trade deal with the E.U. , if that doesnt materialise, we can fall back to WTO trading rules 

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes. We all voted to leave the E.U .

When we all voted Leave.................we didn't think that leaving the E.U would mean we stayed IN the E.U.

Its very straightforward and simple , its not complicated 

I agree - about straightforward , simple and not complicated.

Time for some advanced algebra

52% voted leave.

If 95% of the leavers wanted to leave under whatever conditions, including No Deal,

Then...... the no dealers were a minority: 48% remainers + (5% of 52% = 2,6%) = 50,2% against No Deal.

Sorry to bother you with things you do not understand, and on top of that: algebra is an arab invention, so cannot be trusted.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

France gears up for war with European neighbours if locked out of British waters by no deal Brexit

Dimitri Rogoff, president of the regional Normandy fishing committee, agreed the Dutch posed problem.

“They practice what I would call a scorched-earth policy: when there is nothing left, they look elsewhere. We saw it with electric fishing. That cannot sit with our fishermen who fish locally and don’t look elsewhere when nothing’s left,” he warned.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/12/france-gears-war-european-neighbours-locked-british-waters-no/

Correct newsline ....

But Mr Vinny after showing on  few U.K. newspapers  armed by gun Navy vessels ,  ....a little more subtile warning could look as a more friendly warning .... again a colored news line 

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

I agree - about straightforward , simple and not complicated.

Time for some advanced algebra

52% voted leave.

If 95% of the leavers wanted to leave under whatever conditions, including No Deal,

Then...... the no dealers were a minority: 48% remainers + (5% of 52% = 2,6%) = 50,2% against No Deal.

Sorry to bother you with things you do not understand, and on top of that: algebra is an arab invention, so cannot be trusted.

Lets keep it simply , the majority voted to leave and leave only .

There was no other option to vote half leave and half stay .

It was either stay or leave 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Lets keep it simply , the majority voted to leave and leave only .

There was no other option to vote half leave and half stay .

It was either stay or leave 

QUOTE: It was either stay or leave 

No, it was not.

That is what the extremists made of it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, david555 said:

Aaauch !!....  Boris does not walk out  once more .... :whistling:...????...????...????...????...!

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-trade-talks-to-continue-after-uk-and-eu-negotiators-make-progress-12159935

Brexit trade talks to continue after UK and EU negotiators make progress

Sunday 13 December 2020 11:47, UK

Brexit trade talks between the UK and EU will continue beyond today after negotiators made progress.

EU Commission President Ursula Von der Leyen said negotiators would "go the extra mile".

From the info I got and translated for you the UE is a "negotiating machine", trade deals is what it has been doing patiently since its very existence

So the EU will not take responsibility for the breakup of negotiations and will leave Boris Johnson to slam the door and then face his responsibilities

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

Correct newsline ....

But Mr Vinny after showing on  few U.K. newspapers  armed by gun Navy vessels ,  ....a little more subtile warning could look as a more friendly warning .... again a colored news line 

I thought someone posted that the whole of the EU was united together as one voice

“At the moment they fish all over the Channel, in French and English waters,” he said. But with the advent of Brexit, and no fishing deal in sight, he fears “a build-up of these giants on the French side because the English won’t let them in anymore.”

“They have trawlers that are 30 to 40 metres long, much bigger than French boats so it creates rivalry. It will be explosive. It’ll end in a punch-up between Europeans and that’s unbearable. A political choice has to be made and it’s urgent,” he said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

From the info I got and translated for you the UE is a "negotiating machine", trade deals is what it has been doing patiently since its very existence

So the EU will not take responsibility for the breakup of negotiations and will leave Boris Johnson to slam the door and then face his responsibilities

Nah ! .... by Boris exact treat  he has up to midnight to walk ....." ????

maybe by then  his "Walking Nike's "  could finally arriving from Aliexpress  from custom's ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: It was either stay or leave 

No, it was not.

That is what the extremists made of it.

Yes it was. There were only two choices, but should you want to add an imaginary caveat that is entirely your choice however wrong you are.

2016_EU_Referendum_Ballot_Paper.jpg

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I did not know that this Rogoff character was France's president - commander in chief, and that he had plans to use the French nuclear deterrent against his neighbours - or even send in the Foreign Legion.

Thanks for the information.

• Haha 2