UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

You have a negative approach of the future of the E.U., fair enough

It could be argued its a realistic one and 44 years of evidence that can support that.

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Time will tell.

It will but it seems there are a lot of EU people (not saying you are0 but are getting very angry that the UK has left its club. Why they don't want us (except our money and fishing waters) so why not part on good terms.

I have no malice to any EU country just the EU entity. I pity many of them but that's another thing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

The consequences of Brexit, deal or no deal, are far from being........ "a little sacrifice"

And the moral of the story is, if you don't vote you end up with nothing apart from meaningless slogans like "always somebody elses fault". The consequences of ignoring a democratic vote would have been so catastrophic it would have been the end of voting in our country as we know it, the vote would have been as meaningless as a remainer slogan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

And the moral of the story is, if you don't vote you end up with nothing apart from meaningless slogans like "always somebody elses fault". The consequences of ignoring a democratic vote would have been so catastrophic it would have been the end of voting in our country as we know it, the vote would have been as meaningless as a remainer slogan.

Bit rich on the slogan front.....the country has been run by Cummings on three word slogans from the get go.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It could be argued its a realistic one and 44 years of evidence that can support that.

You could indeed, but you know that it is a personal approach, as well shared as rejected by many.

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

it seems there are a lot of EU people (not saying you are0 but are getting very angry that the UK has left its club.

Indeed, but that's a negative approach.

The positive one will be, that there a lot who are not angry.

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I have no malice to any EU country just the EU entity. I pity many of them but that's another thing

It's fine you have no malice with the people, only with the entity.

We in Europe have mostly no feeling at all against the E.U., it may change when we will have concrete  negative effects of it, on our daily life,

you will be right to pity us than.

Of course if the effects are positive, we won't say a word, just enjoy them.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The 24 June 2016, 1 day after the Brexit referendum, it was clear for everyone that the U.K. will leave the E.U..

No deals were in place between the soon past member, and the E.U..

It is still a fact that Sunday the 13th. December the U.K. will leave the E.U. ( a matter of days).

It is high probable that there still will be no deals between the E.U. and the U.K., as there weren't on the 24th. June 2016.

That some Leave voters continue to claim their victory 4 years+ after the results, is fair enough.

However I don't understand,  why they would claim victory now for leaving the E.U with a non-deal;

there have never been one.

It is still a fact that Sunday the 13th. December the U.K. will leave the E.U. ( a matter of days).

You are a born optimist ????..... as they go kick the can as far they find a way or reason to ,  with only purpose to hope E.U. go flat belly "as they always do last minute " ..."their brexiteers mantra " and ultimate desperate  hope ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Absolutely 100% sir......just hate the results.

As Churchill said..."The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average Brexit voter".

I look forward to you providing a link where (Winston Churchill who died January 24, 1965) made such statement otherwise I suspect your post is 100% BS

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, vogie said:

And in a democracy the losers must give their consent to the outcome of whatever was voted for, and without the losers consent democracy will totally collapse. That it the reason a democratic result must be given the highest respect.

That is for the U.K. side ....

E.U. is not in for that as we did not vote or even asked for brexit .... we just had to accept your leaving ... nothing more ...

All other things you would eventually get is just goodwill , nothing automatic

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

That is for the U.K. side ....

E.U. is not in for that as we did not vote or even asked for brexit .... we just had to accept your leaving ... nothing more ...

All other things you would eventually get is just goodwill , nothing automatic

I think it would be safe to say without any fear of contradiction that the EU knows nothing of the word "goodwill"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think it would be safe to say without any fear of contradiction that the EU knows nothing of the word "goodwill"

"Goodwill " is also an accountants expression when example letting over a business ....????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

You do know I am quoting the statesman....not the dog?

Red Herrings: Famous Quotes Churchill Never Said

A Concise List of Attributed Churchill Quotes which Winston Never Uttered

“The best argument against Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

No attribution. Though he sometimes despaired of democracy’s slowness to act for its preservation, Churchill had a more positive attitude towards the average voter.

https://winstonchurchill.org/publications/finest-hour/finest-hour-141/red-herrings-famous-quotes-churchill-never-said/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

What I well read, nearly daily, since years, is that they consider the result as a bad thing for the Britons, usually accompany with what they consider as facts, to sustain their opinion.

But the majority of the Brits consider it a good thing, and to prove it we held a referendum and the icing on the cake was when they gave Boris a mandate in 2019 to get the job done.

It's like telling a child that he is not going to get the latest super dooper X Box, I think after 5 years the child will be smart enough to get the message that the X Box he wants will not be forthcoming, why can't the remainers see that we have left and get behind their country and MUKGA.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Absolutely 100% sir......just hate the results.

As Churchill said..."The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average Brexit voter".

Know he never you have made up the part about Brexit. How deceitful. is that a remainer trait or just aligned to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1