Thailand Road Carnage: NINETY FOUR reported dead on Monday - nearly a MILLION injured this year

webfact

16 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Is no exactly the government make noting he decided now push the drivers go more quickly 120 Km/h for safe life and injured, comic tragic decision.

All countries reduce speeds but this government does exactly the opposite, what can go wrong

The accidents these people died in, what was the average speed ?

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

No, thats not true!  They lowered the traffic infringement penalties didnt they?   You'd think that would surely make people think twice about speeding or driving recklessly lol!

Lowering the fines and then hammering the <deleted> out of the violators would allow for them to pay the fine and learn, but that is not to be seen here unfortunately, might as well makes the fines so high that when they can not pay them then the bikes, cars, and trucks are impounded until they either serve the time by picking up trash or behind bars until the fine is paid of.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

The accidents these people died in, what was the average speed ?

Does it matter the speed.  Was it because of reckless driving, inattention to the road ahead, sleepy/fatigued, DUI, or just plain old not giving a flick and violating a law like driving down the wrong side of the road, or failing to yield to oncoming traffic before pulling out in front of said vehicles.

6 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

when someone brings up the fact some roads are having the speed limit increased and will increase the road toll the average speed of currents deaths needs to be understood.

Overtaking, undertaking slower moving cars is and always will be an issue.  Until they enforce that the slower moving vehicles use the left lane here, and get rid of the U-turn sections on the major highways then there will always be conflict.  Those slower moving cars that merge to the right to get into the u-turn location directly in front of the faster moving vehicles is always a set-up for disaster.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Overtaking, undertaking slower moving cars is and always will be an issue.  Until they enforce that the slower moving vehicles use the left lane here, and get rid of the U-turn sections on the major highways then there will always be conflict.  Those slower moving cars that merge to the right to get into the u-turn location directly in front of the faster moving vehicles is always a set-up for disaster.

Correct and as I was implying to the other poster... increasing the speed limit of on a select few road has little if any to do with the road carnage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What annoys me with these Thailand road carnage news reports is where does it happen. 

I would like to see a breakdown in what provinces have the most accidents.

Then with tongue in cheek say they could get the police to crack down on these trouble spots. 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

You talk of what govt should do with cars and a fair call but how many here in this report were on motorbikes. 

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You talk of what govt should do with cars and a fair call but how many here in this report were on motorbikes. 

The vast majority, probably in excess of 80% but it would be interesting to know how many bike deaths resulted from car driver fault. 

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

The vast majority, probably in excess of 80% but it would be interesting to know how many bike deaths resulted from car driver fault. 

"Of the 94 dead 78 were motorcyclists and 16 were in cars."

What I would like to know is what provinces of the 78 and the 16 were in Thailand.

16 in cars sad but sort of a low figure if all over the whole of Thailand.

78 motorcyclists that's bad.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:39 PM, webfact said:

Many have called Thailand's road accident statistics a national disgrace that has never been properly addressed.

Failed so called transport ministers, never seem to care about accident prevention or law enforcement. Until proper training and driving tests, tachographs in all public transport, and HGV,  are implemented nothing will change. Must be more money to gain from upgrading airports etc, init.

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

78 motorcyclists that's bad.

Not when you consider the way they drive. cutting in front of cars when turning right, coming up on the inside when turning left, driving the wrong way, pulling out without a care in the world, 4 on a M/C with no helmets, no lights, going through red lights, and thats sober! On a recent 4hr drive if i hadn't taken avoiding action, i could have killed at least 8 of 'em.

On 12/15/2020 at 1:30 PM, PatOngo said:

Happens year in, year out, nobody seems too concerned, don't stress!

Nothing has changed in the 15 years I've lived here except they raised the speed limit!

It's like living in Groundhog Days; every year the same headlines; pollution every where; corruption every where; police inactivity; politicians pardoned; the rich taking more control; suppression of free speech; and DOGS!

Oh I forgot the latest - Thais are going to the moon!

Edited by mikebell
missing words
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Nothing has changed in the 15 years I've lived here except they raised the speed limit!

It's like living in Groundhog Days; every year the same headlines; pollution every where; corruption every where; police inactivity; politicians pardoned; the rich taking more control; suppression of free speech; and DOGS!

Yet the Thais are so dissonant from the reality that they think their own excrement doesn't smell. 

36 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Well,  rest assured,  if they do get to the moon.

They will make it,  look just like Thailand after a few years.

A home from home.

2.JPG

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Not when you consider the way they drive. cutting in front of cars when turning right, coming up on the inside when turning left, driving the wrong way, pulling out without a care in the world, 4 on a M/C with no helmets, no lights, going through red lights, and thats sober! On a recent 4hr drive if i hadn't taken avoiding action, i could have killed at least 8 of 'em.

I guess the govt and police don't get tough because they are mostly poor people who need to get about somehow. 

I see an increase in motorcycle death to other groups in the future now with so people on 300 & 390 maxi scooters.