U.S. Senate leader McConnell acknowledges Biden victory; laments Trump defeat

webfact

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I think another reason is the GOP knows it's toast with regards to the changes happening in the US population.  More educated, less religious, more ethnically diverse, etc.  All are bad omens for the GOP.  Sad such a former great political party has succumbed to this.

In the end, McConnell needs to go.  He's too old and just a part of the swamp.  And in charge of the least productive senate in almost 100 years.

and thus we all should understand the Commonwealth of Kentuv=cky. Only the largest cities, more ethnically diverse, more educated, less fundamentalist religiously had rejected Trump and his ilk.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, J Town said:
1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

Agree.  McConnell is 78,  part of the swamp, and needs to go.  Biden is also 78, part of the swamp, and needs to go.

Rarely do I agree with you, but you are absolutely right here. I saw Biden trudging along to his latest diatribe. He looked almost lost, stumbling like a frail old man, smiling and waving at the security guy holding the door for him - "Hi, I'm Joe. What's YOUR name?" I've honestly wondered what would happen if he passed before 20 January. THAT would be quite the sh!tshow!

I don't understand you guys obsession with age.  If Americans wanted a younger President, Americans would have elected a younger President.  But we didn't.  It is what it is. 

• Like 2

Just now, Berkshire said:

I don't understand you guys obsession with age.  If Americans wanted a younger President, Americans would have elected a younger President.  But we didn't.  It is what it is. 

No. This goes back to the DCCC. They choose who the winner of the primary will be. They chose Joe because he's "one of the gang" and easily manipulated. It is NOT a fair process, don't believe that for a minute. The majority of ALL voters wanted Bernie, but corporations and Big Pharma wanted nothing to do with him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

It's obvious they totally cheated and shafted Bernie, one of their own.  And If they did that, one would hardly expect them to do anything less to an opponent from the other party in a larger election.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd . . . we're back to disagreeing. The DCCC did nothing illegal, they hid their bs in plain sight. That's the scope of their power. They have no impact on any Republican other than select the Dem opponent.

• Like 1