Thais far from over the moon with govt plans to launch its own space program

webfact

On 12/16/2020 at 4:09 PM, EricTh said:

I didn't know that Japan and South Korea have sent anything to the moon yet.

Anyway, Thailand should take care of poverty in Thailand first, a lot of people are unemployed and some even die during winter in Thailand.

Thailand is just following in Big Brothers (CCP) foot steps.

• Like 1

It is good to have great aspirations, but seriously, what are we talking about here? These are people that can't even follow the color coding for the domestic power installations, and insist to having all the wires nailed to the walls.

So what would the Thai space capsule look like? Multicolored power cables, hanging free from the walls, without any regard to standards, and blue PVC piping for all the plumbing?

Another case of contribution to global warming by BS talking by the ignorant government officials.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

It is good to have great aspirations, but seriously, what are we talking about here? These are people that can't even follow the color coding for the domestic power installations, and insist to having all the wires nailed to the walls.

So what would the Thai space capsule look like? Multicolored power cables, hanging free from the walls, without any regard to standards, and blue PVC piping for all the plumbing?

Another case of contribution to global warming by BS talking by the ignorant government officials.

I hacked Thai space agency and found the prototype of the space ship

rocket.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While I agree with most posters that this is "out there a tad"  I do believe in allowing people/nations/governments to have a dream and not mock them on having ambition.

6 years ago Prayut had a dream that he was going to eradicate corruption, in reality that failed, maybe they believe shooting for the moon is more achievable?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

While I agree with most posters that this is "out there a tad"  I do believe in allowing people/nations/governments to have a dream and not mock them on having ambition.

6 years ago Prayut had a dream that he was going to eradicate corruption, in reality that failed, maybe they believe shooting for the moon is more achievable?

absolutely.

20 hours ago, superal said:

Same as China and India , no social conscience . I suppose they consider their poorest folks are well supported and have a good standard of living .    These countries need to come under the spotlight and their welfare management exposed or lack of .

It feels like a dereliction of basic humanity care and i'm alright Jack  .

i think pensioners here get the vast sum of 600 baht per month .....to live on !!!!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, webfact said:

The project will forever change the whole perspective of Thai people that Thailand is no longer a developing country but is a country with a future, opportunity, and hope.”

But not the rest of the world.

8 hours ago, Misab said:

Please help the elderly with a decent pension before using money on space projects.

yeah, they mistreated their elders. it is lack of self-respect, some morons think they will live forever or will never age.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:15 AM, simon43 said:

... The launch cost for each cubesat is about $20,000 (I know, because I have a place booked on a rocket to launch my own cubesat that I've designed and am building on my kitchen table!).  ...

Economy launch:

image.jpeg.13831f7e826aeea52a3ad13baf72308c.jpeg

On 12/16/2020 at 5:15 AM, simon43 said:

As a space scientist/engineer 

Oh aye, you were a phone engineer 5 minutes ago. :tongue:

But, yes, potentially spending billions on an already-done nothing for a place with many poor people (yes, the US has them too - that is the monetary system) smacks of authoritarianism. Like to say don't blame em for trying (and not to demean Thais since they are a resourceful and switched on folk) but this is all small-penile, little brain, military-based twaddle.

• Like 1

Wanted Astronauts. 

Must be from a wealthy background experience of orbiting the earth would be an advantage but palm greasing would be considered 

This vacancy is only open to Thai nationals ( Males only ) due to Thai space law .

Successful candidates 

Would be expected to train on a reality TV show and act as an ambassador to promote various energy drinks including but not limited to  Red Bull .

To be considered for this role please send an up-to-date CV with a covering letter to The Clangers @button moon.com

On 12/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, nikmar said:

Surely a better way to show the world how developed Thailand is would be to develop the education system. Or is that too logical?

This is very much like the people who own an expensive Benz but live in cockroach infested dumps. It's a very Sino thing. What matters is the public face! The private one can be hidden ????

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 6:22 AM, daveAustin said:

Oh aye, you were a phone engineer 5 minutes ago. :tongue:

Lol, my MSc is in space engineering, and I worked for 15+ years in that role.  But as mobile telecoms came to the fore, I started my own business developing AI SMS services ????

Back on topic, Thailand does have several current Cubesat projects in progress, supported by Japan.

Edited by simon43