COVID-19 in Samut Sakhon: Hunt on for two Myanmar workers - people not wearing masks face 20k THB fines

webfact

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

those 2 were illegal workers employed by her - so in very close contact, like family. From 16 tested there were family and workers, not clients, neighbours.

They were not her customers, as one article stated (to cover the truth), as she had hundreds clients daily.

Most probably it's herself, who told them to run away and don't come back, before visa sorted.

This town has a large Burmese population, legal and illegal workers/slaves

You know this for a fact or as an assumption?

On 12/18/2020 at 1:45 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

Sounds like a right racket.

just yesterday in the big smog i counted about 50 thais on one road without masks. 50x20,000 is a million baht on one street alone out of how many???

the government are definitely on to a winner here ????

They don't fine Thais, just another way to fleece foreigners.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

But when people are eating in the overcrowded foodmalls, the masks come off. Is it 20.000b fine if you sitt on an X marked chair too? 

Indeed, Samut Sakhon should have been locked down or, at least, all crowded indoor areas closed. I think they've lost the plot and we might see Thailand's first wave of COVID pretty soon.

It surprises me that they don't follow the Chinese/Korean COVId suppression model.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:38 AM, anchadian said:

Deputy provincial police chief Pol Col Phatpakorn Chanprasert ordered all people in the province to wear masks when out of doors or face fines of 20,000 baht under regulations to cover the spread of the virus. 

Will never happen to Thais.  What a ridiculous comment to make.

I'll believe that <deleted> when I see it today Wednesday the local lotus wasn't checking temperatures and most of the workers weren't wearing masks