These Are The Greatest Guitarists Of All Time

ChipButty

13 hours ago, billythehat said:

a few more...

...good thread there, Chip Butty, lad. Sadly, I never found a decent chip butty in all my visits to Lalaland...can't get the good bread.

I never liked the bread in Thailand but now my wife makes all our bread superb for any kind of Butty,

• Like 1

Speaking of Metallica, James Hetfield is the co-founder, rhythm guitarist, and lead vocalist for heavy metal band Metallica. His playing is characterized by intricate rhythm parts but he also occasionally switches to solo and lead guitar.

James-Hetfield-20201118155059-20201118155059.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This guy writes  some great music and a great guitarist too.

Ive seen him live a couple of times

A five-time Grammy winner, Cray has written or performed with everyone from Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to John Lee Hooker, becoming one of the most popular artists in blues and soul music in his own right

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 1:46 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Have a look at this video and make sure you watch it until the guy with the red hat plays. Enjoy!

I was never a big `Prince fan .. but the solo he did in this song was quite amazing as well as his stage craft.. Even Tom had to smile...

• Like 1

Buddy Whittington - I Just got Back From Baby's 

Buddy Whittington. vocal & guitar - Pete Stroud: Bass & backing vocal - Darby Todd: drums - An amateur footage shot at Cafe Frederiksberg in Aalborg, Denmark - 1st November 2012

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Never heard of them, so downloaded in iTunes, yes good music - thanks

Great. So few people have. He played with guns n roses but thankfully left them many years back.

Try Whitewash (surreal video)

Dreamcatcher

Soothsayer

Too many humans

Hold me forever

He has released 285 CDs over the last 6 years. All available online.

• Like 1

Funny listing. I stopped after page 11 because it was  all the same; Almost all white American or UK males pre 1985. 1 female, a handful of Afro American and a couple Latin from USA.

The world of music did not stop 30+ years ago. it is not  only UK and USA.  Ryo Kawasaki, June Yamagushi, Yngie malmsteen, Sungha Jung and 100's of others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Funny listing. I stopped after page 11 because it was  all the same; Almost all white American or UK males pre 1985. 1 female, a handful of Afro American and a couple Latin from USA.

The world of music did not stop 30+ years ago. it is not  only UK and USA.  Ryo Kawasaki, June Yamagushi, Yngie malmsteen, Sungha Jung and 100's of others.

Sorry that peoples personal experiences and opinions are not pc enough for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Hendrix supposedly said the same about Johnny Winter. ????

All these supposed quotes are myths, another common one is Hendrix said it about Rory Gallagher. It is even used to attempt to boost Nikola Tesla's reputation by people claiming Albert Einstein was asked what it felt like to be a genius- go and ask Nikola Tesla. You will never find any genuine original source for these quotes, people make them up and others repeat them.

Edited by Orton Rd

17 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Andy Scott - the whole band of Sweet was talented beyond their bubble gum hits

Back in the 60's me and a mate went to Newquay for holiday we rented a caravan and they where staying in the next caravan Sweet, they drove an old red van doing the season down there 

• Like 2