Big jump in Covid-19 cases in Samut Sakhon, but situation 'not worrisome'

rooster59

8 hours ago, ctxa said:

You are confusing being "diplomatic" with "being politically correct", and even being "racist". There are certain things that such a high official shouldn't say, and that includes those Tweets which you're referring to. 

But nevertheless, they were a truth as a temple! If you don't believe me go yourself to Central Plaza in Rama 9. Count how many Asians with their mask on the chin vs how many Westerners. 

Furthermore a Minister of Health doesn't necessarily need to have any experience in medicine, after all his work as a minister is to coordinate and make a huge team of experts from different backgrounds work together as efficient as possible all across the country. The Minister of Health of a country is not any sort of "Dr.House" who can cure any disease with some "magical thinking".

PS: This coming from a westerner, so I can't be labeled as racist

"Why has Anutin not been fired yet? He is so incompetent, has no experience in the field of health".  Most of the Thai "government" have no experience in anything except soldiering, yet they are in charge of running a country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Patjqm said:

And those who tested negative... are they in incubation period and will they be tested again in 5 days? 

Since they are foreigners does that mean they must pay for their quarantine? If so, how will they manage that? 

11 hours ago, Ventenio said:

It's still not scary, yet.    But it's time to take extra-precautions, regardless of if farang next to you isn't wearing a mask.

vaccine is coming...............................play it very safe the next few months, then party for the next 20-years.  

So the vaccine is 'one and done' for 20 years? Fascinating news. Please provide links to this new vaccine. 

7 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm..... 3 people are killed every hour on their roads, I suspect that 13 infected people would be small potatoes indeed

Simplistic logic. 

The virus infections are due to foreign DNA entering host cells and wreaking havoc. Road deaths here are due to native DNA expressing itself naturally resulting in dangerous behavior on the roads.

The master gene that expresses for 'I don't give a รhเt about killing or dying on the roads' is dominant in the native population. 

29 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Since they are foreigners does that mean they must pay for their quarantine? If so, how will they manage that? 

The employers were supposed to pay for the migrant worker quarantine

it seems without any surprise than finally it was more convenient for everyone

to enter by an illegal way,no quarantine for the burmeses migrants and no cost for the Thai employers

a win\win situation, until the s...t hit the fan

:hit-the-fan:

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

So how did she catch it in a country where there is no Covid cases unaccounted for and they caught everyone who crossed the borders illegally ? 

In this report it states 

People can safely travel to Samut Sakhon or pass through it to other provinces.

And now 50% of those tested so far, that's 500+ have covid since that announcement 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I said the same thing 3 days on a different post and was amazed at the number of sad emojis, maybe this time some TV keyboard warriors agree with you, lets hope so,  I know I do

Thailand reports local infections as measures to restart tourism begin

Well, in today's Braking News, they have done just that. 
Looks like they actually listened to what i said! 

3 hours ago, Miami007 said:

13 cases? My wife just got an email from her contact in the BKK office of her company (large multi-national based in the USA) that there are 500 positive cases in the province.

Maybe thais know something the media doesn't mention

it's on the news but Thailand ANUTIN keeps saying it's nothing to worry about, it appears it's  all under control

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/thailand-reports-548-cases-highest-154748230.html

Thailand reports 548 new virus cases, highest daily spike

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/asia-today-sydney-outbreak-grows-021448992.html

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it's on the news but Thailand ANUTIN keeps saying it's nothing to worry about, it appears it's  all under control

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/thailand-reports-548-cases-highest-154748230.html

Thailand reports 548 new virus cases, highest daily spike

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/asia-today-sydney-outbreak-grows-021448992.html

He'll be changing his tune very soon. Just like Boris Johnson did yesterday 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 9:48 AM, rooster59 said:

Anutin added that His Majesty the King has granted three biosafety vehicles to test local residents around the market,

I make no comment. Would love to, but rather like staying here and out of jail.

Just repeating the quote, from which can be drawn conclusions by the readers. And private thoughts can comment internally.

I hear the loss revenue will be about 1 billion Baht. How much did they save hiring Burmese w orkers over Thais now ? Maybe the plant owner should be held accountable, Hiring workers with out a visa stamp ? So many unemployed Thais..they should be forced to hire Thais first,,, or are they considered to lazy ?  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coastrider said:

I hear the loss revenue will be about 1 billion Baht. How much did they save hiring Burmese w orkers over Thais now ? Maybe the plant owner should be held accountable, Hiring workers with out a visa stamp ? So many unemployed Thais..they should be forced to hire Thais first,,, or are they considered to lazy ?  

Just like in our home countries, immigrants do the jobs the locals won't do...for the same amount of money.

• Sad 1