Prejudice and abuse of foreign workers "worse than ever" after Covid scare, reports Thai media

webfact

1 hour ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

The PM should come forward with the evidence he has that Foreign workers started this outbreak.

Because we already know the first cases were brought in by Thai workers crossing the border.

That is a separate incident and is unrelated to the outbreak in Samut Sakhon. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I make no excuses for this grotesque behaviour here, but it’s not unique to this country. When you have a president calling it the China virus and forever blaming China for anything and everything, the result is Asian Americans suffering abuse. When the UK voted to leave the EU the abuse started to fly with untold anecdotes of people being asked things like “why are you still here”

I think that this was why the UK voted to leave , or not?  To dehumanize non-local Europeans.

• Sad 3

I remember a friend of mine from Switzerland who came to visit Thailand with his family. They all felt in love with the country and told me how lucky i was to live there as people are all so nice, smiling, and were there is no racism. That was just funny to listen to them........

Glad i left few years ago. Spain is the new dream ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It was pretty obvious nationalism and xenophobia would reach unprecedented heights under this government, especially given the statements from the Deputy PM about dirty foreigners.

And you know what, it's only going to get worse.  :whistling:

I still believe there are some smart Thais, a few... but there are. Otherwise, Thailand will fall deep. 

• Like 1