Free New Year vehicle check-ups by vocational students to start Tuesday

snoop1130

Free New Year vehicle check-ups by vocational students to start Tuesday

3b4ea409f15876ea937e672456ebcdc9_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Volunteering vocational students are starting this year’s campaign to provide free vehicle check-ups for road users traveling on New Year holidays. The services will be available in 77 provinces to promote road safety and minimize preventable accidents.

The Minister of Education Nataphol Teepsuwan has officiated at the announcement of this year’s volunteering vocational students’ free vehicle check-up campaign, with the launch of a vocational students caravan to provide their services at 259 locations across the country.

The campaign’s service points will be set up in all 77 provinces of Thailand, except for Samut Sakhon. The service points will have teachers and vocational students from various majors providing vehicle check-ups, emergency services including towing in some locations, as well as relaxing massages, refreshing towels, drinks, and tourism information.

The service points can be recognized as purple tents located roadside. Indicating signs are placed at 1 kilometer and 500 meters before the location. Alternatively, road users can look up service point locations on the campaign’s mobile app.

These services by vocational students will be available free of charge from 29th December to 4th January, from 8:30 a.m. to 00:30 a.m. Health and safety measures will be implemented at all service points to prevent the spread of COVID-19, with everyone required to wear a mask, have their temperature taken, and clean their hands with sanitizers or water and soap.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-12-24

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

providing vehicle check-ups,

and dab new luckiness on the motor with some windowlene just in case the last lot got washed off in the rain .. 

And I would have thought this would be a perfect place for Amulet traders to set up .. then those daft enough to have taken to the road without one can be on their way with the latest in invisible spiritual suit's of armour .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

and dab new luckiness on the motor with some windowlene just in case the last lot got washed off in the rain .. 

And I would have thought this would be a perfect place for Amulet traders to set up .. then those daft enough to have taken to the road without one can be on their way with the latest in invisible spiritual suit's of armour .. 

Hang one on me bro...

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

I take if faults found do they take car off road ? Or just say driver slowly .as they said if drunk.

Students and the Ministry of Education are not in a position to take vehicles off the road, it's a voluntary service for those who want to use it, neither are they able to breath-test drivers.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Volunteering vocational students are starting this year’s campaign to provide free vehicle check-ups for road users traveling on New Year holidays. The services will be available in 77 provinces to promote road safety and minimize preventable accidents.

Great idea, what could possibly go wrong.

195-1953353_cute-cartoon-monkey-png-high-quality-image-monkey.png

• Haha 2

What and how are they gonna check, can't check brakes without a rolling road, or maybe see if they fall asleep while talking to them, can't check the clutch on an auto.     I am going to post this experience of mine again. 4 mths ago Took a 23yr old car of mine for annual check up to get road tax, knowing 2 tyres were down past wear bars, knowing rear brake cylinders were leaking and shoes were covered in brake fluid, I was thinking before I repair and spend money on  aforementioned, I'll see what else it fails on. It took 10 min to pass as ok nothing said. You can trust in Thailand my ass

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

What and how are they gonna check, can't check brakes without a rolling road, or maybe see if they fall asleep while talking to them, can't check the clutch on an auto.     I am going to post this experience of mine again. 4 mths ago Took a 23yr old car of mine for annual check up to get road tax, knowing 2 tyres were down past wear bars, knowing rear brake cylinders were leaking and shoes were covered in brake fluid, I was thinking before I repair and spend money on  aforementioned, I'll see what else it fails on. It took 10 min to pass as ok nothing said. You can trust in Thailand my ass

They check the important parts...like the radio/cd payer to ensure it's fully up to spec. ie 120 dB.

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

. 4 mths ago Took a 23yr old car of mine for annual check up to get road tax, knowing 2 tyres were down past wear bars, knowing rear brake cylinders were leaking and shoes were covered in brake fluid, I was thinking before I repair and spend money on  aforementioned, I'll see what else it fails on. It took 10 min to pass as ok nothing said. You can trust in Thailand my ass

Let me get this straight ...

You knew the tires were worn out, the wheel cylinders were leaking and covered the shoes with fluid, making them inoperable ...

And did you tow it - push it - to the inspection place ?

Or did you drive it ?

You can trust Foreigners my ...

Wanna borrow a spade ?

4 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Let me get this straight ...

You knew the tires were worn out, the wheel cylinders were leaking and covered the shoes with fluid, making them inoperable ...

And did you tow it - push it - to the inspection place ?

Or did you drive it ?

You can trust Foreigners my ...

Wanna borrow a spade ?

Well i new someone would make this comment, knowing the condition of the car, i obviously drove it slowly to the nearest inspection joint. The front brakes were working OK. But had it been someone with no knowledge of vehicles they could have happily driven off on a long road trip. 

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

i obviously drove it slowly to the nearest inspection joint. The front brakes were working OK.

OK - so if you knowingly drive a dangerous motor vehicle on a public road, but drive it slowly, then all is OK.

Like 40 year old pickups with no lights, CD's dangling on the rear, but is OK to drive them slowly.

Yet you bad mouth vocational students who are doing their best to improve motor vehicle safety in this country.

• Confused 1