UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

1 minute ago, transam said:

Oh dear, Haggis could be off your menu then......????

it was never on my menu .... as i never visit U.K. , and it goes about export it out in non frozen status ....

I shall try it once ..... as celebration as the Scotts independence is a done deal ...????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

it was never on my menu .... as i never visit U.K. , and it goes about export it out in non frozen status ....

I shall try it once ..... as celebration as the Scotts independence is a done deal ...????

Hmmmm, then it looks like cod & chips for you....????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Sorry, I have to retract this. 

On the list of Corruption Perception Index, only 8 countries, member of the E.U., are categorized as less corrupt than the U.K.. 

The others more. 

I don't find any data about the E.U. as entity. 

I did a search and found numerous sites that confirm the corruption in the EU.  And it is not even a perception.????

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I did a search and found numerous sites that confirm the corruption in the EU.  And it is not even a perception.????

No doubt, on the Net there is food for everyone.

I found some about corruption in the U.K., not convinced that they are that credible.

That there is corruption, sure, the U.K. is number 12 in the list I posted previously.

Of course it is up to you if you want to believe unconditionally the sites claiming the corruption in the E.U..

Also here I believe there is corruption to a certain degree, as I believe there is some everywhere, in everything, politics is involved.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Strange response.

If machines were economically viable they would already be used. Im sure you are happy with increased prices because of this.

I don't think you know anything about modern cultivation, google is your friend....????

29 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

No doubt, on the Net there is food for everyone.

I found some about corruption in the U.K., not convinced that they are that credible.

That there is corruption, sure, the U.K. is number 12 in the list I posted previously.

Of course it is up to you if you want to believe unconditionally the sites claiming the corruption in the E.U..

Also here I believe there is corruption to a certain degree, as I believe there is some everywhere, in everything, politics is involved.

Probably the oligarchs from Russia "activity" in the city is not considered as corruption ....as it is "only" called  money laundering....:wink: 555

Edited by david555

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Scotland was never in the union, it was the UK that was in the union and the UK voted to leave the union.

Only you could claim the people of Scotland voted to leave the EU.

As I said previously, Westminster dominance prevails.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

I really don't know how to make this more understandable Sandy, Scotland did not, repeat, did not have a vote it was the United Kingdom that voted for leaving. My next next door neighbour Ted voted to remain, should the rest of us left and let Ted remain. 

The SNP voted to leave the EU in 2014, because if the SNP had garnered enough votes to break up our UK union, had you won that vote, you would be the ones leaving the EU, you didn't care about the rest of the UK then did you.

Then thats a bit stupid. Is the uk a country?

Olympics its gb. Comm games its each separate country.

Time to make up their mind what they are.

Edited by Sujo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

interesting day with the votes in the UK parliament

I guess that shall become Boris second U-turn  as with his bill, after he did beat Santa Claus  in attention this Christmas.

Who cares, the volatility is over. Now I can, personally, make some plans for the future. The havoc this has caused to businesses one can only imagine. But, of course, one thing ends another starts, I'm thinking Covid 19. When that will end is anyone's guess.

( In second paragraphed the threat starts.... i am curious how long this deal can stand ...????  )

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1377971/brexit-news-erg-threat-prime-minister-boris-johnson-fishing-deal-eu-spt

ERG issued hidden threat to PM over Brexit fishing betrayal despite backing deal
ERG Brexiteers left a veiled threat to a Prime Minister who could betray the UK's fishermen despite throwing their support behind Boris Johnson's Brexit deal.

By CHARLIE BRADLEY
PUBLISHED: 09:32, Wed, Dec 30, 2020 | UPDATED: 09:53, Wed, Dec 30, 2020

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has secured a free trade agreement with the EU, and the deal is likely to be voted through in the House of Commons today. Sir Keir Starmer has been critical of the agreement, but says Labour will support it to avoid a no deal Brexit. Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP will oppose it, but Mr Johnson has secured the support of a key group in Parliament – the European Research Group (ERG). The group of eurosceptic MPs within the Conservative Party convened a so-called "star chamber" of legal advisers to scrutinise the Prime Minister's deal.

They concluded that it does protect UK sovereignty on issues such as fishing and regulatory divergence and will therefore support the agreement. However, notes from the ERG's meeting expose a veiled threat directed towards Downing Street, meaning Mr Johnson could face renewed backlash from his own party if he fails to deliver on his Brexit promises.

The ERG alluded to how the UK can modify rules later down the line if it wants to, as long as the modifications do not discriminate between British and EU vessels. They also concluded that by 2026 “the UK will have the legal right to take full control of its waters”, but acknowledge that this is “dependent on the preparedness and robustness of the UK Government”. This is a clear warning from the ERG to Mr Johnson or any potential successor, as they seek to make sure the UK seizes more control over fishing grounds once the opportunity arises.

Edited by david555

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/netscape-mentioned-in-brexit-deal-6872098

Officials accused of copying and pasting chunks of text into Brexit deal agreement

Experts have spotted buried within page 921 of the UK-EU trade document references to dated computer software in the agreement which are decades old.

Referencing encryption technology, it mentions Mozilla Mail and Netscape Communicator as "modern e-mail software package" - last updated in 2002.

It also recommends the use of SHA-1 as a "hash algorithm" despite the fact it was depreciated in 2011.