CCSA releases colour-coded map on Covid-19 infections

Jonathan Fairfield

CCSA releases colour-coded map on Covid-19 infections

800_5700cce42f8db16.jpg

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) released a map of Thailand with provinces colour coded based on the level of Covid-19 risk and strength of measures taken.

The colours are red, orange, yellow and green, with red being provinces with the highest number of infections.

As of Friday, of the 32 provinces where Covid-19 cases have been confirmed, the only one marked in red was Samut Sakhon.

Province marked out in orange, signifying more than 10 cases, were Bangkok, Samut Songkhram, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakan.

Provinces marked out in yellow, where fewer than 10 cases have been found, are Saraburi, Suphanburi, Pathum Thani, Uttaradit, Kamphaeng Phet, Phetchabun, Chachoengsao, Ayutthaya, Phuket, Phetchaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachinburi, Krabi, Khon Kaen, Chai Nat, Udon Thani, Phichit, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Sawan, Ang Thong, Ubon Ratchathani, Songkhla and Loei.

The rest of the provinces were marked in green to show no Covid-19 cases have been reported in the new wave of infections.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400250

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-26

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is the Department of Disease Control's version. It doesn't make much sense to me. Chonburi is coloured red, for starters. It's also 24 hours out of date according to the updated time and date displayed. Also a pretty awful site, and the email address will return a 550 authentication required error, and bounces any mail. And I don't think they even bother including the 1200+ people from Myanmar cases. There seem to be a lot of different maps kicking around.

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

Edited by bradiston
Accuracy update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Oldie said:

"The rest of the provinces were marked in green to show no Covid-19 cases have been reported in the new wave of infections."

Sadly there is not 1 province that is marked green... 

True.

To me, apart from red and yellow the other colours appear to be light blue and white.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) released a map of Thailand with provinces colour coded

Is there a link available so we can get up to date pictures of the spread, or non-spread, as it is common knowledge here that we are red zone, we are not in Samut Sahkon nor are we even adjacent to an orange zone, schools etc are spreading the word that local markets etc are being cancelled.

Ok....this is a map but what does it mean ? 
I fail to understand the implications of these colours: can we go through a red zone? Are there any checkpoints before, between, after the zones ? Are there and, if so, what are the decisions made by the different governors inside their zones?
This map is pointless if not included in an action plan as, thanks to different media, one has a clear vision of where the contaminations take place and where this is going but doesn’t have a clue about what is going on. 
Of course, I might be wrong and such information has been published. If that is the case can anyone be kind enough to provide me with a link ? ( not sarcastic ) 

28 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Is there a link available so we can get up to date pictures of the spread, or non-spread, as it is common knowledge here that we are red zone, we are not in Samut Sahkon nor are we even adjacent to an orange zone, schools etc are spreading the word that local markets etc are being cancelled.

Sorry, the link is at the bottom of the posting. Got slightly obscured by the edit notification.

31 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Oh, sorry once again. I posted a link to the Department of Disease Control's website. Jonathan is using the CCSA's version. Total confusion! Why do the govet5havr two ministries with different data sets, maps etc etc?

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

This is the Department of Disease Control's version. It doesn't make much sense to me. Chonburi is coloured red, for starters. It's also 24 hours out of date according to the updated time and date displayed. Also a pretty awful site, and the email address will return a 550 authentication required error, and bounces any mail. And I don't think they even bother including the 1200+ people from Myanmar cases. There seem to be a lot of different maps kicking around.

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

Regarding https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

They appear to be updating the chart totals on that site, but not the map or the province by province details. For now, it's at best a misleading/inaccurate info source, AFAIK.

And, the MOPH's main CV webpage is EN hasn't been updated for days, except for a graphic of the national totals... Last updates for news releases and situation reports there were the 19th and 23rd... Basically nothing about Samuk Sakhon.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

If you click on Chonburi, you see a huge spike a few days ago.  And these numbers don't match what's showing on the main page, 86 cases, 469 in quarantine.

When you click on the province, you see the following.  The numbers don't add up???  Or am I missing something?

image.png.b1bb6508f63d9322f759cbece2c8d957.png

• Like 1

The MoPH the other day posted to their website some photos regarding their efforts in Samut Sakhon... The individual photos don't have any captions, so there's no explanation of what exactly is being shown or why. But the photos are interesting, as follows:

https://pr.moph.go.th/?url=pr%2Fdetail%2F2%2F04%2F151328%2F&fbclid=IwAR0kI0WYInD51G1_dyNisxoKNB6Qsvbof0KJ1bumZEfikmRoWZnIKPRpC7M

Haven't seen these types of images in the EN news sources AFAIK:

1.jpg.19bc9fab97d82871ce75ab3ca69e220b.jpg

2.jpg.468c1bc4f8a6f5c126dba33e33db5ef8.jpg

3.jpg.aeb550a9ef16a7b2ffd97acb35095bf0.jpg

They also posted to their FB page two days ago a number of photos relating to their efforts to open a "field hospital" in Samut Sakhon, as follows:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1568704143315799&id=470988516420706

230274726_7-Copy.jpg.92a55075f5830c1c751b9d9783aafa42.jpg

508293318_5-Copy.jpg.295a93cdcb9131ecf4934a35a449a078.jpg

366509013_6-Copy.jpg.01a68adf4903212ec23c8a1f0a7598c1.jpg

8.jpg.c0cc436aeb991194505981b8f33baeca.jpg

Note more of the razor wire in the last photo above, similar to that in the prior photos above in my prior post, around what I assume is the Samut Sakhon shrimp market area.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

38 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

If you click on Chonburi, you see a huge spike a few days ago.  And these numbers don't match what's showing on the main page, 86 cases, 469 in quarantine.

When you click on the province, you see the following.  The numbers don't add up???  Or am I missing something?

image.png.b1bb6508f63d9322f759cbece2c8d957.png

I agree, it's really confusing. Is it worth trying to decode the data or just ignore, head down, get on with life? Unless I can find a reliable source I think the latter. But I will wear a mask, I will sanitize, I'll sign in and out, and try and keep my distance. Seems like it could break out anywhere, anytime. Beware of seafood markets, especially upcountry! And as for bikers, well...

When asked why he never rode a big bike, Clarkson is reported to have said "Well for starters, I don't like sleeping with men!" Ha! Go figure...

4 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I agree, it's really confusing. Is it worth trying to decode the data or just ignore, head down, get on with life? Unless I can find a reliable source I think the latter. But I will wear a mask, I will sanitize, I'll sign in and out, and try and keep my distance. Seems like it could break out anywhere, anytime. Beware of seafood markets, especially upcountry! And as for bikers, well...

When asked why he never rode a big bike, Clarkson is reported to have said "Well for starters, I don't like sleeping with men!" Ha! Go figure...

The best news comes from Thai websites.  A lot of which never makes it to the English sites. 

Just reported in Huay Yai, near Pattaya, a food vendor at the local market has tested positive and they are asking for anyone who's visited that market in the past week or so to go to the hospital immediately for testing.

Also hear Sattahip is shutting down their beaches.  Nary a word in the English sites.

1 hour ago, alyx said:

This map is pointless if not included in an action plan as, thanks to different media, one has a clear vision of where the contaminations take place and where this is going but doesn’t have a clue about what is going on. 
Of course, I might be wrong and such information has been published. If that is the case can anyone be kind enough to provide me with a link ?

Not allowed to link to it, but here's a pic that gives some of the info:

image.png.3094caadbcffa6b188f57eaf036f56d9.png

Trouble is (IMO) no-one appears to be tasked with maintaining or updating the status as new figures are issued.

1 minute ago, treetops said:

Not allowed to link to it, but here's a pic that gives some of the info:

image.png.3094caadbcffa6b188f57eaf036f56d9.png

Trouble is (IMO) no-one appears to be tasked with maintaining or updating the status as new figures are issued.

Thanks 

in a word there are no specific guidelines 

As I have said before, what Thailand did in the first wave in March is not going to be anywhere near enough to stop this version of the virus currently exploding around the country. From the looks of it, this outbreak started early December and because of lack of testing went undetected for quite a while, and it has nothing to do with those ladies in Chiang Rai