TAT press ahead: Governor expects TEN MILLION foreign tourists in 3rd Quarter

webfact

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Amazing ASQ Paradise? 

26th Boxing Day Kao San Road had 1 bar open and I counted 15 people in the whole area. It was absolutely empty at 3pm.So if they think they don't need to rely on Tourists they better think again... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Godo luck with tht. I predict ALL foreign arrivals will be banned in the next few months if the situation cannot be controlled soon. This is what Japan has done. I see Thailand following suit. 

On the other hand here in the states you can see TV commercials for the Tokyo Olympics  being advertised for July 2021 everyday. 

• Like 1

That's what he says, but how will he do it?

I ll start believing this fairy story when I see a schedule of vaccinations and proof it is being followed.

If Thailand wants a tourist industry, it will need to radically change its attitude to falang. 

What will push Thailand along the road to being an adult member of the world community will be the competition from other world-wide holiday destinations.

Change comes from within - start with an honest appraisal of self.

• Like 1

???????????????????????????? . Absolutely off the scale deluded !!

They might get that many going through the airport travelling to somewhere else but I even doubt that . I would be willing to bet my life they won’t even get 1-2 million in that quarter ! ????

Edited by ronaldo0

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So Third Quarter, That means starting in July.  Hmmm, correct me but British Airways has said they will not be flying until next October this way, and many Airlines have not stated when they will return to flying the international routes on a regular basis.  Has this guy taken some mind altering drugs or is his crystal ball the same as the magic Mirror, Oh Mirror Mirror on the wall how many tourists will come next fall.......

Just Thianess delusional therapy.

Oh thank God!  I was starting to feel really lost the last two days without any numbers announced by the TAT!  

I heard there is going to be a new lottery/numbers racket starting soon where the winner will be determined by the first four numbers of TAT's regular daily announcements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Beyond delusional dreaming

The dream may come through when the thb is devalued back to where it should be taken the reality into consideration - i.e.at least 40% down the road ... :coffee1:

5 hours ago, webfact said:

TAT press ahead: Governor expects TEN MILLION foreign tourists in 3rd Quarter

REUTERS IMMI2.jpg

REUTERS file photo for reference only

Thailand's Tourism Authority governor said he is pressing ahead with attracting ten million foreign tourists to visit the country.

Yutthasak Suphasorn said they wouldn't be coming until the third quarter of 2021 but then they would be here in their millions. 

That was the target.

And they would be spending a whopping 500 billion baht, he told Thai PBS. 

Even though there has been a new wave of Covid-19 infections he was anxious to stress that it was still all systems go to return Thailand to mass tourism. 

Even the New Year period was destined to be good, he said on Friday, with 2.7 million Thais expected to travel spending 17 billion baht in the process. 

The lack of lockdown would help along with clear guidelines of how to handle visits from tourists in tourism areas.

The upbeat message comes as Thaivisa reports today of complete obliteration of tourism at New Year in Rayong and a desolate Christmas on once thriving Koh Samui. 

In Rayong nearly 100% of seaside tours were cancelled and hotel bookings were down 80%.

Thaivisa notes that there appears a strong disconnect between reality on the ground and the pronouncements of the TAT governor.

Yutthasak was with the Digital Council of Thailand and health authorities on Christmas Day promoting an online platform for booking 14 day ASQ and ALQ quarantine facilities. 

Source: Thai PBS

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-28

...try 3rd quarter of 2025...get real!

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So Third Quarter, That means starting in July.  Hmmm, correct me but British Airways has said they will not be flying until next October this way, and many Airlines have not stated when they will return to flying the international routes on a regular basis.  Has this guy taken some mind altering drugs or is his crystal ball the same as the magic Mirror, Oh Mirror Mirror on the wall how many tourists will come next fall.......

Perhaps its  magic mushrooms?

• Haha 1