Dr Yong in self-quarantine after sitting near infected Samut Sakhon governor at meeting

webfact

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

The doctor posted on his Facebook page that he was sitting near Samut Sakhon Governor Verasak Vichitsangsri, who has since tested positive for the coronavirus.

{snipped}

He urged the public to strictly follow preventive measures by wearing face masks, social distancing in public places and regularly sanitising one’s hands to stop the chain of infections.

I have to ask: Was the doctor wearing a face mask. I wonder how close is 'sitting near'?

I'm really surprised. I always thought he was sensible.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As long as he was socially distanced, not holding the governors hand, was wearing a mask and using the hand sanitizer, then what do he an Anutin both have to be worried about.  If he is acting like he might have been possibly infected when is he testing and if that's the case why are they still allowing traveling, open malls, movies, parks and all other things over New Years.  Are they confident they have this thing boxed in or is this the red flag that shows they have thrown in the towel and they are going to let Thailand be swallowed whole by the Covid-19 Virus's newest strains.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Since he has - even by his own admission - been in contact with an infected person, why is he allowed to "self-quarantine at home" while everybody else is forced to undergo state quarantine?

Isn't state quarantine only for people entering Thailand from abroad? I don't know.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He urged the public to strictly follow preventive measures by wearing face masks, social distancing in public places and regularly sanitising one’s hands to stop the chain of infections.

Which one did he forget?

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

This is probably the very same meeting in  which Anutin sat.

It was initially reported that Anutin and Verasak did not wear Face masks during the meeting.

Today in BP,  there was a report going to great lengths in stressing the point that Anutin WAS wearing a mask.

After seeing all the Photos of Anutin not wearing a Mask, I know which version I think I believe.

No one would stress he was wearing a mask, unless we wasn't.  Rule no. 1.

No one keeps telling you there is no problem, unless there is.

"It is not more contagious.", they said, until it was.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

This whole episode with first Veerasak, then Anutin, and now Dr Yong all having to self Isolate  / Quarantine is really pathetic.

These are the very people that in their Positions of Authority, should be at the top of their Game, and guiding the Nation out of this awful mess.

A sad state of affairs indeed.

• Like 1

If it wasn't so pathetic it'd be funny - Anutin and Yong, both in prominent positions continually spouting rhetoric and rules, yet among the first to (apparently) fall to Covid-19. Anutin is clueless, but Yong *really* should know better.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Isn't state quarantine only for people entering Thailand from abroad? I don't know.

Think that's correct.

Many Thai's including a couple of family members self-quarantined at home after being on the same flight as one of the women that dodged control entering Thailand a few weeks back, a number of NU students were also on the same flight - same, quarantined at home. 

8 minutes ago, pkrv said:

If it wasn't so pathetic it'd be funny - Anutin and Yong, both in prominent positions continually spouting rhetoric and rules, yet among the first to (apparently) fall to Covid-19. Anutin is clueless, but Yong *really* should know better.

Who said Yong has done anything wrong, other than taking correct isolation procedure - just in case. You should be praising him for his actions NOT criticising, as for the other guy, I can't comment as I'm not aware of the facts, that might also be your problem. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pkrv said:

Typically Thai. Love to bark orders and tell people what to do but don't follow rules and do what they want instead.

There has been no further news about Anutin, so I am presuming he is infected? 

10 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Who said Yong has done anything wrong, other than taking correct isolation procedure - just in case. You should be praising him for his actions NOT criticising, as for the other guy, I can't comment as I'm not aware of the facts, that might also be your problem. 

I don't know, neither do you. The fact remains people in prominent positions like this shouldn't be amongst the first to be flagged as - potentially - having Covid-19 by putting themselves in these situations. What kind of message does that send? What problems does that create? I know; do you? Goes back to "don't test, don't find". Yong should have been advising and pushing the government to test and determine the true situation here, but I think he was a bit busy getting his picture in the papers.

Edited by pkrv

30 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Any pearls of wisdom before you go Dr like it's all under control for example ????

It may have well been fairly under control,  but  seems greed / officials / brown envelopes put an abrupt stop to that.