Big spike in COVID-19 cases prompted Pattaya shutdown

webfact

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Where do you get all your info from or is it just made up like the majority of your other claims?

If you have the money ( or insurance ) you'll be treated here, if you don't get that then you're the one showing your naivety ( again ).

ps. not everyone with CV requires ICU, infact very few.

yes not many at all, only a few thousands in the UK ! It is not always about money, California has an oxygen shortage, UK all the ICU beds are full, my mate who has developed severe Pneumonia (not covid) was slated for an ICU bed, he didn't get one, in fact he didn't even get a hospital bed ! It is you that is naïve buddy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irate priest said:

Would not the thai goverment take all the capacity from private hospitals to treat thai citizens if goverment hospitals where overwhelmed ?

Thats what they did in Spain

Spain has nationalized all of its private hospitals as the country goes into coronavirus lockdown

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-spain-nationalises-private-hospitals-emergency-covid-19-lockdown-2020-3

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

Provide some links, Harry.

So far, it's only been your opinion.

I have provided links to back up my posts.

A link showing older, wealthy, farang will be given priority for medical care would be good.  ????

I have nothing to prove to you.

I don't need to provide links coz i have knowledge, something you do not have.

I'm sure you're another one of these farangs that don't go outwith about a 2km radius of your shoe box, likely to include Kiss restaraunt and some tin roof bar with a 2 for 1 sangsom special at 10 in the morning.

Farangs will get preference coz they have money not coz they're farang, you're missing my point,.,,,,,again.,

7 hours ago, stuandjulie said:

yes not many at all, only a few thousands in the UK ! It is not always about money, California has an oxygen shortage, UK all the ICU beds are full, my mate who has developed severe Pneumonia (not covid) was slated for an ICU bed, he didn't get one, in fact he didn't even get a hospital bed ! It is you that is naïve buddy

Sorry to hear about your friend.

However, i disagree and in Thailand it's always about money.

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

For someone whose missus takes care of everything for them, it's you, Harry, that has limited scope on the workings of Thailand.   

I was waiting for you to post some links to back up all your claims.

Maybe tomorrow.  

Be sure to save every satang you can, so you can outbid someone for medical care.  ????

I don't need the wife to hold my hand thank you very much, unlike you who probably get driven round on the back of your wifes moped - lol.

i don't need to save my satang, i have very good medical coverage and am 100% confident i will be better treated than the majority of Thai's should i have Covid.

I hope you enjoy waiting in line at the Thai clinics should you catch it, that'll be fun.

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yes,  they will, but maybe not all, because there is only  limited number of beds available.  Perhaps one of them takes a bed that you will need

And if that bed I am in is paid for by my Thailand based insurance I suspect that will dry up if the virus takes off here, and I would be tufted out of it.  

11 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I don't need to provide links coz i have knowledge, something you do not have.

Where do you source your "knowledge" from?  Surely you can reference some medical professionals etc?

I'm sure you're another one of these farangs that don't go outwith about a 2km radius of your shoe box,

I am sure I have travelled more of Thailand than many, and definitely sure I have travelled more of South East Asia than most. 

Farangs will get preference coz they have money not coz they're farang,

If the "preference" options run out, you will get what they give you, which will not be much.

Your money will not be able to make hospitals, doctors, ventilator, medicine etc appear.       

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Where do you source your "knowledge" from?  Surely you can reference some medical professionals etc?

I am sure I have travelled more of Thailand than many, and definitely sure I have travelled more of South East Asia than most. 

If the "preference" options run out, you will get what they give you, which will not be much.

Your money will not be able to make hospitals, doctors, ventilator, medicine etc appear.       

My knowledge comes from living here for many years.

I'm 100% sure i've travelled and lived many many more places than you in Thailand and perhaps SEA but i'm not getting into a bun fight about it.

My money ( and medical insurance ) will get me to the front of the line where there will be a shiny new ventilator, a great doctor and lots of medicine waiting for me ( should i get infected ).

You'll be waiting in line outside Memorial - lol.

unlike you who probably get driven round on the back of your wifes moped

I'm happily single.

don't need to save my satang, i have very good medical coverage and am 100% confident i will be better treated than the majority of Thai's should i have Covid.

Resources would be exhausted.  Then, you get what they can provide, which would not be much.  You money would not be able to buy what is not available to buy.

I hope you enjoy waiting in line at the Thai clinics should you catch it,

I have good medical insurance as well, but the reality is, should thousands start dying here everyday, most people will be given a bed in a tent, and if you did get a bed in a hospital, probably lucky to have a doctor or nurse check in on you once a day.  

More than likely, this is the bed you will receive, Harry, as other farang, who can also pay, who have fallen ill before you, have taken the hospital beds.

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

I'm happily single.

Resources would be exhausted.  Then, you get what they can provide, which would not be much.  You money would not be able to buy what is not available to buy.

I have good medical insurance as well, but the reality is, should thousands start dying here everyday, most people will be given a bed in a tent, and if you did get a bed in a hospital, probably lucky to have a doctor or nurse check in on you once a day.  

More than likely, this is the bed you will receive, Harry, as other farang, who can also pay, who have fallen ill before you, have taken the hospital beds.

Are you suggesting there will be 1000's will start dying every day here?

Oh dear, you're a worrier are n't you Mr Leaver, perhaps it's time for you to go to safer havens?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And if that bed I am in is paid for by my Thailand based insurance I suspect that will dry up if the virus takes off here, and I would be tufted out of it.  

I think it will just be the first to fall ill, and who can pay, or is insured, gets a bed in a private hospital.  Once full, people who can also pay, or are also insured, are admitted to the next best care, probably a government hospital, and when they are full, you get a bed in  tent hospital.

Even if you are in the private hospital, all the nurses and doctors, and hardware and medicines, would be spread so thin that all you would be receiving is a nicer environment, not any extra care.  

This is where the fact that we all chose to live in a 3rd World Country really comes home to roost.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

My knowledge comes from living here for many years.

I'm 100% sure i've travelled and lived many many more places than you in Thailand and perhaps SEA but i'm not getting into a bun fight about it.

My money ( and medical insurance ) will get me to the front of the line where there will be a shiny new ventilator, a great doctor and lots of medicine waiting for me ( should i get infected ).

You'll be waiting in line outside Memorial - lol.

Two problems, Harry.

Firstly, if this kicks off like we have seen elsewhere in the world, as you don't live in Pattaya, there's every chance you will be locked out of Pattaya.  Not so much to lock you out, but more so to lock everyone in Pattaya.

That leaves you with the village hospital, because all provinces will be enforcing borders.

Secondly, you say, "My money ( and medical insurance ) will get me to the front of the line where there will be a shiny new ventilator, a great doctor and lots of medicine waiting for me."  Have you considered that even being at the front of the line, doesn't guarantee the medical facility has space for you?  Other who fell ill earlier than you were at the front of the queue before you, and have filled the building, and are occupying all the ventilators.   

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Two problems, Harry.

Firstly, if this kicks off like we have seen elsewhere in the world, as you don't live in Pattaya, there's every chance you will be locked out of Pattaya.  Not so much to lock you out, but more so to lock everyone in Pattaya.

That leaves you with the village hospital, because all provinces will be enforcing borders.

Secondly, you say, "My money ( and medical insurance ) will get me to the front of the line where there will be a shiny new ventilator, a great doctor and lots of medicine waiting for me."  Have you considered that even being at the front of the line, doesn't guarantee the medical facility has space for you?  Other who fell ill earlier than you were at the front of the queue before you, and have filled the building, and are occupying all the ventilators.   

Two problems Mr Leaver.

Firstly, you think Pattaya is the only place with private hospitals - lol, hilarious ( again ). Not everywhere outwith Pattaya is a village, you do realise there's other cities in Thailand ( even big towns ), right?

Secondly, you keep forgetting the majority, because you like % i'm gonna be conservative and say 95% of the cases will be Thai nationals. The majority of these Thai nationals will not be in the private hospitals, you don't seem to be able to understand this, not sure why, it's not difficult.

39 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

you do realise there's other cities in Thailand ( even big towns ), right?

Sure, but those town don't have as big a expat population who pay up front, or who are insured, to have big private hospitals like Pattaya.

41 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Secondly, you keep forgetting the majority, because you like % i'm gonna be conservative and say 95% of the cases will be Thai nationals. The majority of these Thai nationals will not be in the private hospitals, you don't seem to be able to understand this, not sure why, it's not difficult.

You forget, the majority of expats are over 60 years of age.  That's the demographic that uses the private hospitals, and it's also the demographic that the virus hits the hardest.  

I am simply saying that if it kicks off here, more expats can afford to pay, or are insured, than there are hospital beds.  Once they are full, they are full, even though you can pay.  

46 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Two problems Mr Leaver.

Firstly, you think Pattaya is the only place with private hospitals - lol, hilarious ( again ). Not everywhere outwith Pattaya is a village, you do realise there's other cities in Thailand ( even big towns ), right?

If there is a major shortage of beds Its likely that the empty private beds will be commandeered as you say if 95% of the cases will be Thai that is a large % of Thai Government officials and families, Army,Navy and Airforce and families, Police and Familes

Farangs bottom of the list

12 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Anything is possible.

I'm suggesting it's very very very very very very unlikely.

Why do you think Pattaya / Thailand would be any different to other places in the world where we have seen thousands die each day on the news?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Sure, but those town don't have as big a expat population who pay up front, or who are insured, to have big private hospitals like Pattaya.

You forget, the majority of expats are over 60 years of age.  That's the demographic that uses the private hospitals, and it's also the demographic that the virus hits the hardest.  

I am simply saying that if it kicks off here, more expats can afford to pay, or are insured, than there are hospital beds.  Once they are full, they are full, even though you can pay.  

Therefore those towns without the big expat population you mention will have even more beds / machines / facilities for me should i require them, thanks for confirming that.

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

If there is a major shortage of beds Its likely that the empty private beds will be commandeered as you say if 95% of the cases will be Thai that is a large % of Thai Government officials and families, Army,Navy and Airforce and families, Police and Familes

Farangs bottom of the list

Isn't there navy and government hospitals just for the people you mention?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Why do you think Pattaya / Thailand would be any different to other places in the world where we have seen thousands die each day on the news?

Which countries have seen 1000's of deaths day?

The uk has not seen more than 1000 deaths a day for the last week, even with the sudden rise in case.

Brazil has seen just over a 1000 ( 1200 / 1300 ), i could n't be bothered looking at the US as it's per state but i'd be quite confident to say Thailand will not have 1000's of cases per day as you claim ( although anything is possible ).

Your claim is basically just you being a pessimist again, glass 1/2 empty etc.

15 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Which countries have seen 1000's of deaths day?

Who said it was in a day?

Why does it matter if it's a day, month, quarter, or year?  

Over 1.8 million deaths world wide.  

https://covid19.who.int/table

The UK 73,500 deaths, 964 in the last 24 hours. 

19 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thailand will not have 1000's of cases per day as you claim ( although anything is possible ).

I don't claim it, just saying it's possible.

19 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Your claim is basically just you being a pessimist again, glass 1/2 empty etc.

Hardly.  

I have every confidence in the Thai military government to keep us all safe here.  ????

55 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Who said it was in a day?

Why does it matter if it's a day, month, quarter, or year?  

Over 1.8 million deaths world wide.  

https://covid19.who.int/table

The UK 73,500 deaths, 964 in the last 24 hours. 

I don't claim it, just saying it's possible.

Hardly.  

I have every confidence in the Thai military government to keep us all safe here.  ????

You mentioned 1000's of deaths per day??!?@?@?@?!!!!

I don't know why you're quoting the UK numbers it was me that just put them up for you, very strange.

Although the Governor on Wednesday stated restaurants were only allowed takeout, lots of restaurants were allowing eat-in. 2 popular expensive restaurants on beach road, near Soi 13, were packed on Thursday night and on Friday night.

3 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Isn't there navy and government hospitals just for the people you mention?

and when those hospitals are full and all  other  hospitals are full no one is going to suggest commandeering the empty beds in private hospitals or is someone going to say no we can't commandeer those empty beds in private hospitals they are reserved for the rich farangs regardless if they need them or not

8 hours ago, vinny41 said:

and when those hospitals are full and all  other  hospitals are full no one is going to suggest commandeering the empty beds in private hospitals or is someone going to say no we can't commandeer those empty beds in private hospitals they are reserved for the rich farangs regardless if they need them or not

Are you another pessimist? if there's that many cases and deaths then we're all going to die, i won't need a bed then.

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

This is where the fact that we all chose to live in a 3rd World Country really comes home to roost.

And in the UK one is treated by drivers and can die in an ambulance waiting outside the stretched hospital. But a valid point.  I recall when all this was unfolding back in March, and I was telling tourists etc, get yourself home, where your own bed is! (My own bed is here). Three months later, as Thailand, internally, had opened up and was pretty normal, sitting at position 150 in the table of woe (and  the UK number 7 or 8), I admitted people would have been better off here, if they had the means. Now it is swinging the other way.