British PM Johnson's father applying for French citizenship

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Makes my 172 look good?

Always someone is better of...., congrats ....... i am not alone with 146 ..... almost all Europeans from Schengen has 146 

Compare Passports Power | Passport Index 2021  (probably not updated to the latest 1 January 2021 )

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How is that a "betrayal" ?

Boris Johnsons Dad is already French (as his Mother was French) and he has business interests/connections there and he was just making it easier for himself to go to France

that makes Boris some kind of a Frenchie as well..... OMG please have mercy,  don't let him apply for one

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Father described as a wife beater, former MEP, I would hope Boris is encouraging him!!!

If that's correct and if my memory is corrected, Boris may have inherited some his fathers "bad" genes

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/world/europe/230619/boris-johnson-girlfriend-fight-cops-called.html

Boris Johnson, girlfriend fight, cops called

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

If that's correct and if my memory is corrected, Boris may have inherited some his fathers "bad" genes

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/world/europe/230619/boris-johnson-girlfriend-fight-cops-called.html

Cops were called to save Boris ???? no mention of violence just a noisy row - your post is rubbish

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, nausea said:

The words "rat" and ""sinking ship" spring to mind. I'm half Irish, and I must admit getting an Irish passport has crossed my mind, just for the visa free travel thing. In fact, going back in time, when I was as fit as <deleted>, when it was a toss up between the Royal Marines and the Foreign Legion, that guarantee of French citizenship was pretty tempting; unfortunately life, in the sense of a woman, intervened, and I went a totally different course.

I have a friend who joined the French Foreign Legion at 16. There were 360 in his intake.........8 survived, when he left 5 years later on half pay and with entitlement to a French passport and pension.

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

????   ????    ????    ????    5555

3 hours ago, blazes said:

Leads me to suspect that Boris is a "Russian asset."  Papa wants to be a French citizen.  France has always had a close relationship with Russia.  Boris is not exactly an Anglo-American name.

Come to think of it, there are a few apparent connections between our Boris and Boris Godunov, who began his political career in the court of Ivan the Terrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Godunov

If only the Brits could "impeach" their leaders.....

Actually parliament can impeach individuals, normally holders of public office, for  high treason or other crimes. The last impeachment was that of Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville in 1806, since then other forms of democratic scrutiny have been favoured and the process has been considered as an obsolete- but still- extant power of parliament.    

14 hours ago, nausea said:

The words "rat" and ""sinking ship" spring to mind. I'm half Irish, and I must admit getting an Irish passport has crossed my mind, just for the visa free travel thing. 

There’s about 4 million of the EU’s own rats that decided it is better to stay in the U.K. Why are they not scurrying home? Why have those Remainers who took EU passports not packed their bags either, but prefer to stay in Blighty and moan. 

How many of those now sporting an Irish passport have ever set foot on the Emerald Isle?

They all know where their bread is buttered, especially post-Brexit. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I think that was found to be a "concerned neighbour" who just happened to be a Labour Party activist!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

There’s about 4 million of the EU’s own rats that decided it is better to stay in the U.K. Why are they not scurrying home? Why have those Remainers who took EU passports not packed their bags either, but prefer to stay in Blighty and moan. 

How many of those now sporting an Irish passport have ever set foot on the Emerald Isle?

They all know where their bread is buttered, especially post-Brexit. 

Would they be the ‘rats’ picking your fruit and veg because you’re too bone idle ? 

So onto bread buttering - you come up with any financial (I know Brexiteers get offended by the word economic as too awkward)  projection figures yet 4-5 years on ? Feel free to reply with a meaningless cliche sound bite with no figures attached. 

Edited by Bruntoid
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Would they be the ‘rats’ picking your fruit and veg because you’re too bone idle ? 

So onto bread buttering - you come up with any financial (I know Brexiteers get offended by the word economic as too awkward)  projection figures yet 4-5 years on ? Feel free to reply with a meaningless cliche sound bite with no figures attached. 

4 million fruit and veg pickers? You overestimate their usefulness. 

Why haven’t you packed your bags and left if you believe your financial projections of woe? The 4 million financial migrants obviously don’t believe them. 

2 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

I believe there is capacity in the EU for member states to create bilateral agreements with non members, should they be inclined, there old boy, you have a totally differing ball game to the 'predicted' unionised we will grind you into the dirt approach.

18 hours ago, 473geo said:

Cops were called to save Boris ???? no mention of violence just a noisy row - your post is rubbish

maybe I know the answer but let me ask anyway, were you there or is it just somebody said so.... whose post is rubbish now

16 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I think that was found to be a "concerned neighbour" who just happened to be a Labour Party activist!

really.... it may have been a Torie activist who didn't like Brexit 555

33 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

really.... it may have been a Torie activist who didn't like Brexit 555

Except that it wasn't - if you are going to start an argument then it would really behove you to make sure of the facts first. Ignoring reality is all very "Quixotic" but it doesn't work in debate!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...