What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

19 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I’m just trying to explain why the poster feels that sites like rarbg may pose a threat. Some people are more security conscious than others and there is nothing wrong with that.

For me, there are a couple of reasons - again, if we are talking about “illegal” sites like fmovies or others that are mentioned here, then they aren’t really free, you are paying somewhere, I don’t know, and I don’t want to know, I don’t use them. 

I have a pretty nice TV and audio setup, I want to able to control the quality of the material I watch. The files on these servers (not Netflix / amazon, etc) have to be reencoded, video and audio bitrate reduced to the lowest possible to keep down storage and bandwidth costs down, maybe you don’t notice them, but I prefer not to, everyone is different. Even SBS, a great commercial supporter on-demand service that features here stamps all over the files and they look terrible.

Don’t you find paid streaming services all put out the similar generic content? I think  the standard of TV writing and production is great these days, it good to select content from different sources. 

Are you suggesting that P2P file sharing is not "illegal"? Yes I do admit that the quality on sites like SBS is really bad. Also most paid streaming services do really lack any diversity. But reward is a function of effort and I am basically lazy! ????

25 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Are you suggesting that P2P file sharing is not "illegal"? Yes I do admit that the quality on sites like SBS is really bad. Also most paid streaming services do really lack any diversity. But reward is a function of effort and I am basically lazy! ????

Not too sure why I used “illegal” - lol - I meant the free non-mainstream video sharing sites that seem to crop up here. Honestly never looked at them, so not sure of legality.

Lazy? I think as expats we all have our own ways of getting our fix of media, my system is all automated, no need to spend time searching sites, and I’m grateful to everyone who posts here and I just enter the shows in the search box. It’s whatever works for the individual really. I never understand how people can get away without downloading or paying for a VPN, those sites I guess. 

i think you have your own system, did I remember you were running a sBs plug-in on KODI - anyone who has the patience to keep up with KODI plug-ins isn’t lazy. 

Edited by recom273

22 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Not too sure why I used “illegal” - lol - I meant the free non-mainstream video sharing sites that seem to crop up here. Honestly never looked at them, so not sure of legality.

Lazy? I think as expats we all have our own ways of getting our fix of media, my system is all automated, no need to spend time searching sites, and I’m grateful to everyone who posts here and I just enter the shows in the search box. It’s whatever works for the individual really. I never understand how people can get away without downloading or paying for a VPN, those sites I guess. 

i think you have your own system, did I remember you were running a sBs plug-in on KODI - anyone who has the patience to keep up with KODI plug-ins isn’t lazy. 

No, not me! Though ten years ago, I did have a Synology NAS media server and dabbled in Kodi, Plex and Sickbeard so I can understand where you are coming from. 

5 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Available from TorrentDay with subs  :thumbsup: 

Are the subs supposed to be for non-Antipodeans? :whistling:

I like Sam Neill as an actor... it's a remastered 2000 movie, downloading now.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Just downloaded the latest version of around the world in 80 days , was so looking foreward to it. Should have known as it was a BBC production it would tick all the woke boxes ,absolute rubbish,just watch the excelant original version. Why do they do it ,i suppose its to indoctnate the young so that they will see it as the new normal as they get older.

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Why do they do it ,i suppose its to indoctnate the young so that they will see it as the new normal as they get older.

My take on this - special interest groups petition the government for 'Equality' - whatever that means. They seek gov't dollars to protect their 'culture' - which leaves me both baffled and PO'd.

You want to keep your culture - go to it. But why should I have to finance it with my tax dollars ? You immigrate to another country - become that countries citizen. No more of this (fill in the blank) (fill in the country) i.e. African American as just one example. Be an American, or British, or Irish, or German. Gotta laugh at ethnic groups born and raised in a country and then petition that same gov't to keep their 'identity', which they never had in the first place. Born English - be English, or whatever country.

And as we all know the gov't only concern is to get reelected. So if they 'appear' to endorse this, all these groups will vote for them.

A big Con Game

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Should have known as it was a BBC production it would tick all the woke boxes ,absolute rubbish,just watch the excelant original version.

I guess you were right Bert---- The general UK public (most) have had enough of the BBC if the Newspapers are right......

Around The World In 80 Days remake is slammed by furious viewers for its 'woke' take on Jules Verne classic with colour-blind casting and classic male role re-imagined as a woman.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10347327/BBC-viewers-fume-socially-conscious-World-80-Days.html

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

According to Torrentfreak it was the most pirated TV show of 2021... see the story here.

Probably because it was the first Marvel MCU/Disney + TV show? So it's been available for pirating the longest?

For 35 baht per month you could (initial promotion period) get the entire Disney catalog via AIS.

WandaVision was OK for me, needed more Darcy and Jimmy Woo IMO. Paul Bettany is an awesome actor. A lot of folks, incl. critics like WandaVision. Wanda (AKA The Scarlet Witch) will be in Doctor Strange 2.

I actually liked Hawkeye best, followed by What if..., Falcon and the WInter Soldier, Loki, WandaVision.

I liked the previous "street-level" Marvel/Netflix shows, esp. Daredevil.

Edited by mtls2005

26 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I guess you were right Bert---- The general UK public (most) have had enough of the BBC if the Newspapers are right......

Around The World In 80 Days remake is slammed by furious viewers for its 'woke' take on Jules Verne classic with colour-blind casting and classic male role re-imagined as a woman.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10347327/BBC-viewers-fume-socially-conscious-World-80-Days.html

lol .. what would you expect from the daily mail?

The Guardian doesnt seem to echo the same sentiment - https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/dec/26/around-the-world-in-80-days-review-david-tennant-channels-a-victorian-jeff-bezos

I will give it a watch, its the same producer as His Dark Materials and make my own mind up, if its lame, it gets dumped, not because of the casting of black people,

Edited by recom273
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I seem to remember Jackie Chan in the last one (2004).

Nobody seemed upset with an Asian playing the part.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 12:59 PM, LosLobo said:

But nowadays with cheap, hi-speed connections, modern smart TV's and excellent streaming services, what is the current attraction of "torrents"?

Streaming services means you have to sign up and pay money, Yes? 

I prefer not to "belong" to any "service" .  

Torrents are free and easy IMO

• Like 1

Don't make the mistake of watching a new movie called "The Gardener" with a Charles Bronson look-alike. Has to be in the top ten of worst movies I've ever seen. The martial arts fights are truly laughable, as is the script, but not in a funny way.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Don't make the mistake of watching a new movie called "The Gardener" with a Charles Bronson look-alike. Has to be in the top ten of worst movies I've ever seen. The martial arts fights are truly laughable, as is the script, but not in a funny way.

When the reviews are as bad as this has, I don't even bother TBH.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Thanks for the heads up.

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

When the reviews are as bad as this has, I don't even bother TBH.

I don't think there were any reviews when I downloaded it, or maybe I didn't check. I normally check the IMDB score, and if it's less that 5-6 I give it a miss. This turkey deserves a minus core.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2021 at 8:31 AM, sanuk711 said:

Struggled through Ep 1. Quit after 10 minutes of Ep 2.

If it is 10 Episodes, should they not be at Day 8,16,24 etc each one.

I re-watched "Heat" last night--- I had been reading a Biography from a retired FBI  agent who headed up the Bank robbery unit in L.A. (most banks robbed in USA are in L.A.) He wrote about the different cases he had been on and also touched on the movies about bank robberies -which, he says- most people in the law enforcement find laughable. The exception would be the movie Heat--which came close to fact in some parts, but still fell short, in as much as when you watch guys running out of the bank to the get-away car with a Million $ or so in a duffel bag,  the public do not realize just how heavy & bulky money really is. 

I guess everyone has probably seen the movie. But if your stuck for something to watch---its worth a download.

All the stars--  De Niro, Al" 'Pacino, Jon Voight, and a heap of other including who I thought at the time would be a hugh star  Val Kilmer

I took it from "Yify"....which is a Kiwi site known for crunching movies down to a smaller size, because places like Rarbg  etc seem to be doing quite large downloads--- Yify also supplies most of its movies to Pirates so your also find it there.

They made some great movies in the 90s-

• Like 1