What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

1883,  Follows the Dutton family on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America.

a spin off of Yellowstone , and its looking good so far, series 1 , 2 episodes out now.

JimmyJ   Tiny. tv  is a website showing movies ,series ,Google it

regards worgeordie

Thanks @worgeordie. Added to my download list.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

1883,  Follows the Dutton family on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America.

a spin off of Yellowstone , and its looking good so far, series 1 , 2 episodes out now.

JimmyJ   Tiny. tv  is a website showing movies ,series ,Google it

regards worgeordie

Watched the first two episodes this morning ....... whoa at the violence.

Ladies with arrows through the tummy, and brains out the side of their heads.

Enjoyed it!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

For those who like Resident Evil franchise, the latest installment "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" has just made it to the P2P scene. Get it from your favorite source.... 

This seems to be the prequel to the series, so all our favorite Mila (aka Alice) will sadly not be in it, but there are other well known names.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 9:19 AM, Will27 said:

Submarine: Life Under the Waves.

RAR

Thought this 2 part series was quite interesting.

I watched this but found it quite shallow and slow going. Spending too much time on a blocked toilet rather than telling the story of the individuals, the mission, and the boat itself. There are much better Sub documentaries on YouTube to watch. I understand that there is much secrecy in the missions those boats undertake, and not that much can be told publicly, but still, it could have been told better.

"Vigil" was a very good drama IMO, even if for the sake of the series the creators took a lot of creative liberties.

Still, the best Sub movie IMO is "Das Boot", which has also been made to 2 season TV series recently. Excellent drama, very good action, and correct historical content.

Trailer link for Season 1 below.

The TV series has good drama, good action and excellent production.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I watched this but found it quite shallow and slow going. Spending too much time on a blocked toilet rather than telling the story of the individuals, the mission, and the boat itself. There are much better Sub documentaries on YouTube to watch. I understand that there is much secrecy in the missions those boats undertake, and not that much can be told publicly, but still, it could have been told better.

"Vigil" was a very good drama IMO, even if for the sake of the series the creators took a lot of creative liberties.

Still, the best Sub movie IMO is "Das Boot", which has also been made to 2 season TV series recently. Excellent drama, very good action, and correct historical content.

Trailer link for Season 1 below.

The TV series has good drama, good action and excellent production.

Each to their own I guess.

I enjoyed the movie Das Boot, didn't really get into the mini-series.

Thought Vigil was dreadful.

Quit after 1 episode.

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Each to their own I guess.

I enjoyed the movie Das Boot, didn't really get into the mini-series.

Thought Vigil was dreadful.

Quit after 1 episode.

Well, you should have persisted, it got better....

The thing to remember is that Vigil was really a crime/police/espionage story that just happens to be partly played on a submarine. There were many things that I didn't like, most notably when PCI "what's her name" bursts into CIC during a launch drill screaming to stop it... If I was the captain of that boat, I would have locked her in her cabin for the rest of the trip. Security threat....

And, of course, all the sub crew walking around in their Sunday uniforms....

16 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

For those who like Resident Evil franchise, the latest installment "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" has just made it to the P2P scene. Get it from your favorite source.... 

This seems to be the prequel to the series, so all our favorite Mila (aka Alice) will sadly not be in it, but there are other well known names.

Theres also a TV series too that has just started Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness .. with similar reviews to the movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13173144/?ref_=tt_urv

29 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Hidden Assets, the series Sanuk711 has been talking about has just appeared on RAR.

Quite a large file 12gb, but will more than likely show up a bit later with a smaller version

if that bothers you.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15813014/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

It's also on TGx now. (12.94 GB)

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

I posted that one a few months back---never saw so many negative responses from the mob -------:wub:

How did you rate "The Hunt for Red October"?

"The Hunt...." was quite entertaining for when it came out. Remember, it's 30 years ago. But Tom Clancy is a good writer, and anything adopted from his books bound to be entertaining.

I am not a Submariner, so can't vouch for technical correctness.

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

"The Hunt...." was quite entertaining for when it came out. Remember, it's 30 years ago. But Tom Clancy is a good writer, and anything adopted from his books bound to be entertaining.

I am not a Submariner, so can't vouch for technical correctness.

Excellent movie, when it came out & read most of his stuff.  

Edited by KhunLA

3 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I found Season 5 of Gomorra to be a time waster - just a few hints of what it used to be.

The Gomorra "early years" movie total garbage.

That show is over.

I'm halfway through season and really enjoying it.

It's the final season anyway.

I'm watching this one but doing it like a book picking it up for a bit and putting it back down. It's quite long. It's the story of a famous writer named Jane Frame's life. I don't know her but Australians and NZlanders should I guess. I like it so far because it shows the way things were in the past there. The characters are realistic.  It is in the torrents at TPB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, "The Matrix" has just become a qudrilogy with the release of the latest installment in the franchise, now available from your usual sources. It is now written and directed by "Ms" Lana Wachowski, without collaboration with her "sister". Will watch it tomorrow.

• Like 2