What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

11 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

All these new Christmas movies that come out every year, does anybody, I mean like adults, actually watch them?  Id rather watch paint dry.

Now we have options now ThaiFelix---can remember the days when everything was closed---freezing if you stepped outside--and with a huge captive audience, the BBC  would put on hours of absolute  <deleted>---round the day off with an hour some bishop telling you how lucky you are and another hour of hymns .....so a 20 year old movie seemed a good escape.... As far as the BBC goes not a lot of change.

All hail the internet.........:coffee1:

image.png.3dfe19deb0300ee27a8f809fd4723e77.png

• Like 2

In tribute to Sally Ann Howes, who sadly died this week, aged 91.

The.Admirable.Crichton.1957 -  Paradise.Lagoon.1957

Kenneth More  -  Cecil Parker  -  Diane Cilento  -  Sally Ann Howes  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050100/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Lord Loam has modern ideas about his household; he believes in treating his servants as his equals--at least sometimes. His butler Crichton still believes that members of the serving class should know their place and be happy there. But when the Loam family are shipwrecked on a desert island with the self-reliant Crichton and between-maid Tweeny, the class system is put to the test.

416769355_TheAdmirableCrichton.JPG.1042060808e25546133f8ed42cee3397.JPG

Available with subs on RARBG and TD torrents and on Chaos without subs.

Subs available:-  Paradise Lagoon

Feel good family movie  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

After reading both good & bad reviews of Gomorra Season 5, I'm now watching it. Seems pretty good so far to me. Worth a look IMHO.

I started watching the other night, I agree. The usual slow story line, and over acting that I was expecting.

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Now we have options now ThaiFelix---can remember the days when everything was closed---freezing if you stepped outside--and with a huge captive audience, the BBC  would put on hours of absolute  <deleted>---round the day off with an hour some bishop telling you how lucky you are and another hour of hymns .....so a 20 year old movie seemed a good escape.... As far as the BBC goes not a lot of change.

All hail the internet.........:coffee1:

image.png.3dfe19deb0300ee27a8f809fd4723e77.png

Very true lol!

On 12/22/2021 at 8:48 PM, SpaceKadet said:

So, "The Matrix" has just become a qudrilogy with the release of the latest installment in the franchise

Downloaded a 2160P DD 5.1 19GB copy

Maybe just a bad one, but almost the whole movie had this weird green tint to everything. The occasional other colors came thru OK

And I watched it on a new 4K 65" UHD so the TV not the problem.

Checked other DL's and they OK

Weird

PS - I rate it as a 6

15 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I merely asked if anybody watched them??  Whats your problem is more accurate by the sound of your tone?

There does seem to be a lot of them this year - there was a day last week when the top 10 torrent movie downloads were all Christmas themed movies. I actually asked the a similar question to myself. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, recom273 said:

There does seem to be a lot of them this year - there was a day last week when the top 10 torrent movie downloads were all Christmas themed movies. I actually asked the a similar question to myself. 

Really?  Thats amazing!  Maybe to keep the billy lids busy over Christmas holidays lol!

I tried watching two recently available movies, however I gave up on both of them after a while, because I found they were boring and had no interest to me whatsoever.

The movies were, "Living with the Ricardos" (about the relationship between Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz) and "The French Dispatch", which was supposed to be some sort of comedy, but fell well short IMO.

Come to think of it, it has been years since I have watched a good comedy, and I'm not sure that they make them any more – – give me the days of the "Pink Panther" movies, starring Peter Sellers, or the television series like, "Fawlty Towers" to name just a couple.

On a brighter note, I did download, "Hidden Assets" and thought it was very good indeed and almost binge watched the whole six episodes last night, but ran out of steam, so thought I'd leave the last two remaining episodes until tonight, or perhaps tomorrow. Oh and 1883 was also good but will have wait for further episodes to appear.

Many thanks to those who recommended them.

I know we have many Vietnam vets who are expats in Thailand so for them and others that missed this Brian de Palma movie back in 1989, there is Casualties of War.

I'm not a vet but it brought back some flashbacks to that era. For me the biggest problem was Michael J Fox as the lead. I know him from other roles so had a hard time believing him as that character.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-reviews/casualties-of-war-93683/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I know we have many Vietnam vets who are expats in Thailand so for them and others that missed this Brian de Palma movie back in 1989, there is Casualties of War.

"Good Morning Vietnam" with Robin Williams might be something for them

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1