What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

44 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Jeez - I thought I used enough mutant London border slang - but I never heard of billy lid - I googled it to found out it was an Aussie word. 

Yup, in Blighty it would be “ dustbin “ as in “ what did you get the dustbins for Christmas ? “.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

There does seem to be a lot of them this year - there was a day last week when the top 10 torrent movie downloads were all Christmas themed movies. I actually asked the a similar question to myself. 

I watched “ Last Train to Christmas “ (2021).

Martin Sheen plays Tony Towers as a self important nightclub owner ( think Stringfellow ) who boards a train in London on Christmas Eve 1985 to go up north and celebrate his opening of 6 new nightclubs.

When he goes from one carriage to the next he finds himself transported backwards and forwards in time !! Attempting to use this to his advantage he finds things are not so straightforward and he starts to re-evaluate his life.

A sort of cross between A Christmas Carol and The Butterfly Effect.

Well worth a watch if only for the nostalgia of train travel through the ages and some fashion/food you might recognise from your youth !!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14061008/

Available somewhere ????

( don’t remember where I found it as I use a couple of torrent search engines which find it for me )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Watched Station 11 last night a TV mini-series with Himesh Patel of Yesterday fame.

First episode a little bit weird led me to the second episode which was really weird.

Waste of two hours of my life. Definitely cannot recommend it!

Station Eleven (TV Mini Series 2021–2022) - IMDb Rating 6.9

Thanks! I like weird stuff 

Mackenzie Davis too .. I'm in.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

"Good Morning Vietnam"

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That one was a big hit.

God knows why it was a hit? Forest Whitakers acting stank and Robin Williams wasn't much better. Blazing Saddles will see me through Xmas day this year.

The Girl Before---BBC1  4 episodes all available  CHAOS

As we are talking about stuff that isn't so good---I didn't put this up sooner as it doesn't have great write ups, but someone may like it--- "I didn't bother"

It ticks all the BBC woke boxes---she's black --he's Black and one guy even has a wooden eye and a glass leg--------:w00t:

Drama about a woman who is given the chance to move into a beautiful, ultra-minimalist house designed by an enigmatic architect. There's just one catch - occupants have to abide by his list of exacting rules, and very soon she feels the house changing her in unexpected ways.

Happy Christmas all...................

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Black main character for the BBC, well what a surprise 

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

The Girl Before---BBC1  4 episodes all available  CHAOS

As we are talking about stuff that isn't so good---I didn't put this up sooner as it doesn't have great write ups, but someone my like it--- "I didn't bother"

It ticks all the BBC woke boxes---she's black --he's Black and one guy even has a wooden eye and a glass leg--------

Drama about a woman who is given the chance to move into a beautiful, ultra-minimalist house designed by an enigmatic architect. There's just one catch - occupants have to abide by his list of exacting rules, and very soon she feels the house changing her in unexpected ways.

Happy Christmas all...................

Another BBC diversity production, no thanks. Why is the BBC always over representing black actors, where are all the far greater numbers of Asians in the population, why are they not seen on our screens, along with the Poles and Chinese?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Watched Station 11 last night a TV mini-series with Himesh Patel of Yesterday fame.

First episode a little bit weird led me to the second episode which was really weird.

Waste of two hours of my life. Definitely cannot recommend it!

Station Eleven (TV Mini Series 2021–2022) - IMDb Rating 6.9

Agree, It was awful.

55 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This week's Yellowstone ep, S04E08 cold opened with 1883.

I think Taylor Sheridan also has another Yellowstone spinoff in the works, "6666" following Jimmy and Teeter to that Four Sixes ranch in Texas?

Taylor Sheridan is also the co-creator of The Mayor of Kingstown.

FYI, he's the Cut Horse businessman/rider in Yellowstone, Travis Wheatley.

He's written a lot of stuff like Hell or High Water and Sicario.

I like Yellowsone much, but season 4 not so good so far than previous one's. Watch yesterday new Matrix Resurrections and that was totally horse sht! Almost not even watch hole movie! New James Bond was totaly sht also! 1883 watched first episode , to me was boring hopely chance when going forward.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 3:04 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I watched “ Last Train to Christmas “ (2021).

Martin Sheen plays Tony Towers as a self important nightclub owner ( think Stringfellow ) who boards a train in London on Christmas Eve 1985 to go up north and celebrate his opening of 6 new nightclubs.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14061008/

Stars Michael Sheen from "Masters of Sex" TV series.

• Like 2

The Panthers ---Kiwi TV.... 6 episodes  all available.   TVChaosUK

TV made  Series Based on events around the mid 70s  in Kiwi -- IMDB gives it a 6.7 --

Without rubbishing the Kiwi's, I just cant think of a decent TV program that has come out of there--I think it was nearly 1990 before they even allowed a private TV station to operate--so I'll give it a miss--- but thrown it out there just in case.

Auckland, 1974 - in the face of increased racial-targeting, a group of Polynesian students and street gangsters form a revolutionary movement for justice and equality. When Prime Minister Robert Muldoon comes into power, a racial divide heightens between white and Polynesian New Zealanders and racially-targeted immigration raids begin.

22 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Black main character for the BBC, well what a surprise 

Another BBC diversity production, no thanks. Why is the BBC always over representing black actors, where are all the far greater numbers of Asians in the population, why are they not seen on our screens, along with the Poles and Chinese?

The squeaky wheel....

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Without rubbishing the Kiwi's, I just cant think of a decent TV program that has come out of there--I think it was nearly 1990 before they even allowed a private TV station to operate.

Did you never see Fresh Eggs? Funny as you like, dry as .. and there's also two series of One lane bridge, that I quite like. Theres another one, that I can't quite put my finger on. So, that's 3 in 30 years.

ETS: The Gulf

Edited by recom273

On 12/24/2021 at 4:44 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

God knows why it was a hit? Forest Whitakers acting stank and Robin Williams wasn't much better. Blazing Saddles will see me through Xmas day this year.

Blazing Saddles baked beans scene - still makes me laugh after so many years.

• Like 1