What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Flashback (2020)

Quirky "flashback" movie centering around a drug called Merc. 
Use subtitles.  Some of the dialogue shoots by too quickly to catch but it's relevant.

Edited by connda

On 6/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Just finished all 3 seasons of Fauda. Currently on season 3 of Vera with Brenda Blethyn.  Love any series or movie that is well written and well acted.  Looking forward to season 6 of Line of Duty.  I'm not British but love just about anything that comes out of BBC and especially ITV.  Also, looking forward to the final season of Doc Martin.  

I also love all those British series like Morse, Frost, Midsomer Murders, Poirot and anything by Christy, etc. However, few came out of the BBC. ITV showed most of them.

I was lucky enough to get DVDs of series 1 of Poirot on line, as I missed it on tv, and the UKTV channel is showing all the Midsomer Murders at the moment. Just started series 12.

Never got into Doc Martin, but I loved Clunes in Men Behaving Badly.

14 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

In the first episode they had a suspect taking money out of a cash machine with a card he stole off a victim, next to his photo fit in the window of the bank. The officer said he was not in any danger as the photo fit looked nothing like him and added 'that's all i'm going to day about that'. Even though they knew the wanted man was black they did the photo fit looking white so not to offend. Breaking into old ladies homes and raping some in the early hours for 17 years, what did his family think he was doing?

I was quite stunned when in I think episode 2 the detective inspector assisting Sutton in a murder investigation announces quite frankly "So what we need to do now is investigate who is responsible" lol!  Who else would you be looking for? 5555!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I also love all those British series like Morse, Frost, Midsomer Murders, Poirot and anything by Christy, etc. However, few came out of the BBC. ITV showed most of them.

Maybe Difficult to get--but "Foyle's War" "George Gently" were 2 stand out programs in that ilk. Foyle's war was especially liked--so much so that when the war ended they had to invent a new role for him as a Spy-catcher--- wasn't quite the same though.  

Gently takes place in the same area as Vera--but in the early 60s, a rough area in those days-So the music great

Both excellent Acting IMO. .

----------------------------

As WWII rages, DCS Foyle fights his own war on the home-front; investigating crime on the south coast of England. Later series, see the retired detective working as an MI5 agent in the aftermath of the war.

---------------------

With the help of DS John Bacchus, Inspector George Gently spends his days bringing to justice members of the criminal underworld who are unfortunate enough to have the intrepid investigator assigned to their cases.

• Like 1

Just look at one site--Amazing---the whole series of Gorge Gently 2007--2017 is on Pirates....& many series of Folyes war  2002 onwards---wow,...shows you how popular they must have been

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Just look at one site--Amazing---the whole series of Gorge Gently 2007--2017 is on Pirates....& many series of Folyes war  2002 onwards---wow,...shows you how popular they must have been

And I am now watching Foyles War on Dailymotion (I laugh at that name) where it seems they have many if not all seasons.

Foyle's look somehow reminds me of Syd James and I keep waiting for the punch line lol!

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, Daffy D said:

Just looked up "Deadpool" and "The Hitman's Bodyguard" is nothing like that.

Don't know why the IMDB reviewer would make such a connection ????‍♂️

Watch it and see  ????

IMO the reviewer missed the obvious similarities between The Hitman’s Bodyguard and Safe House.

( Ryan Reynolds trying to keep a black rogue CIA Agent/black international assassin safe )

Both good movies but I preferred Safe House, Denzel makes a better bad guy than Samuel IMHO.

The Hitman has the jokey repartee similar to Deadpool but that’s where the similarities end.

@thaibeachlovers

While we are on the subject of RR, his latest offering Free Guy looks like it could be a dud to me , time will tell, not yet out I think .

• Like 1

Found this episode, which is just as harrowing - but also interesting, as the earlier ones.

It astonishes me, how these *deleted* attempt to justify their vile perversions.

Catching Paedophiles: Crime and Punishment – 17 May 2021 – 17/5/2021 – Monday – Channel 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Bosch is starting to drop on Lime.

Thanks Will27... I looked and most episodes are coming in at 2-3GB for a 45- 50 min TV program....(they must have some great TV in America) you can get the whole series @ 275 MG an episode 1.9 GB for the lot on TG......but if you want to see the nasal hair on Bosch's nose...go for the 22 GB on Lime

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

Whole series out now.

Epstein’s Shadow: Ghislaine Maxwell

Summary: In this three-hour documentary, we investigate the powerful, connected, and mysterious Ghislaine Maxwell, who was once the heiress to the Maxwell fortune but whose life takes a sordid downturn when she meets Jeffrey Epstein, the serial sex offender. An investigative series that reveals a complicated story of power, sex, and money and leads to Ghislaine Maxwell’s arrest awaiting trial in the fall of 2021.

Edited by Will27
  • Thanks 2

First up, a question: – a while back somebody mentioned that there was a new series of Jack Irish out, but I've been unable to find it, so any ideas as to where it might be found?

Secondly a warning: – I downloaded and watched Buckskin last night and the whole movie must have been made for about $79.49, which would include the actors fees, because it was terrible, and the so-called "woods" in which much of the action took place, was nothing more than a scarcely wooded thicket!

Desperate times I fear, and watching the next movie sort of confirmed this, and it was called: – To catch a Spy, and took place in Malta, which quite drew me to it in the first place, but it turned out to be a movie made by "Hallmark" with cheap sets and poor acting.

Did thoroughly enjoy Clarkson's Farm after getting through the slow first episode.

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

First up, a question: – a while back somebody mentioned that there was a new series of Jack Irish out, but I've been unable to find it, so any ideas as to where it might be found?

Secondly a warning: – I downloaded and watched Buckskin last night and the whole movie must have been made for about $79.49, which would include the actors fees, because it was terrible, and the so-called "woods" in which much of the action took place, was nothing more than a scarcely wooded thicket!

Desperate times I fear, and watching the next movie sort of confirmed this, and it was called: – To catch a Spy, and took place in Malta, which quite drew me to it in the first place, but it turned out to be a movie made by "Hallmark" with cheap sets and poor acting.

Did thoroughly enjoy Clarkson's Farm after getting through the slow first episode.

Jack Irish. It's available on Torrent Galaxy, but I'm sure in many other places as well.

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Jack Irish. It's available on Torrent Galaxy, but I'm sure in many other places as well.

Thanks GU, have seen the previous series on sites, but sure someone mentioned a new series (2021)?? 

Will take a look later.

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Thanks GU, have seen the previous series on sites, but sure someone mentioned a new series (2021)?? 

Will take a look later.

Which is the new series, Season 4? If so that's available complete on TG.

Edited by giddyup

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My mistake, I believe TG only has Season 3.

A lot of torrent sites have added the movies with the Tv series so it's all jumbled up.

The latest and last series just out is series 3.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:02 AM, spidermike007 said:

The beginning of the major emasculation curve in the West? Can't abide by it. 

I think that started lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng before Tarantino started making movies.

I enjoyed both movies a lot. Tarantino was sometimes a good movie maker when he wasn't trying to be too knowing.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

but it turned out to be a movie made by "Hallmark" with cheap sets and poor acting.

Aw, don't rubbish Hallmark too much. They do make some nice romantic movies that leave one with a feel good atmosphere. I liked My Christmas Love, and the lead actress is very easy on the eye.

However, definitely not for the overly cynical or those that hate romance/ family/ Christmas movies. Just a pleasant time out from a world going mad, with a happy ending.

• Haha 1