Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2021)

CharlieH

33 minutes ago, bannork said:

Oh my, Dave Brock is 80 today!

I think I saw them at South Parade Pier, Southsea in the late 60's or early 70's. I can't be sure as I saw lots of new groups around that time while suffering/enjoying the effects of some strange chemicals. smokin.gif.493cc816b5314809e2f7780cb927e684.gif 

• Haha 1

Moon the Loon was born on this day. What a drummer!

In the fall of 1969, Moon teamed up with "Legs" Larry Smith of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band to pull a twisted practical joke on the venerable British retailer Marks and Spencer. First, Smith entered the store's trouser department and asked to be shown their most durable work trousers; then, having examined the pair, Smith expressed concern that they might not be strong enough for his purposes – whereupon Moon entered the shop and cheerily offered to help him test them. Each taking a leg, the two men proceeded to completely tear the trousers in half, causing the freaked-out staff to call for the store detective. Then, right as Smith and Moon were about to be led away by the authorities, their limo driver appeared on the scene. "Are those one-legged trousers?" he asked. "They're just what I've been looking for!" ("He paid for the trousers, and everyone calmed down," Smith later told Moon biographer Tony Fletcher. "And we asked for each leg to be wrapped separately!")

• Like 1