Best places to look for rental condo

hapark

20 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

From what I have seen and heard, the best way is to visit the area that you wish to live. When you see a condo building that you like the look of then go into the management office and ask (or look on their notice boards) as usually there are places for rent in most buildings. Many of the online adverts are poorly described, out of date, have no prices or are just blatantant scams to bait you into looking at other properties. Best of luck in your search. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and do multiple viewings before choosing a place. Be sure to get owners direct contact details, ID card copy, copy of blue book and proper contract if you will need to do TM30's or other immigration stuff.  Additionally, at this time, many Pattaya condos are now being rented longer term due to the absence of tourists booking on AirBnB - how will you feel once your residence is overun with tourists using it like a hotel?

It's a renters market and will be for some time.  The advice above is spot on.  We rented many years back from an agent.  After getting into the condo, we found many ads in the lobby with prices some 25% less....or more.  The property manager was offering units for 25% more!

It pays to shop around.  Don't believe what you see in the ads.  Pictures can make a unit look very nice.  You need to see it in person, including the surrounding area.  A friend rented a nice unit only to find out about the weekend karaoke bar a mile away that blasted out till the sun came up.  Noise is a real problem here.

Pick your area, then cruise around looking at buildings you like. Have you narrowed down your search to a specific area?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ChipButty said:

My friend said the place is full of empty condo's Im not sure if I'd want to be somewhere it was completely empty

I just looked on bahtsold, could not believe the amount of condos, houses etc etc etc etc for sale rent, unbelievable 

Devastating!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

I just looked on bahtsold, could not believe the amount of condos, houses etc etc etc etc for sale rent, unbelievable 

Devastating!

Central Pattaya is a ghost town.  Jomtien and Nakula are doing a bit better, but still, thousands of condos are available, many of which have been sitting empty for a very long time.  It's been a renters market for years.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Central Pattaya is a ghost town.  Jomtien and Nakula are doing a bit better, but still, thousands of condos are available, many of which have been sitting empty for a very long time.  It's been a renters market for years.

I reckon the rental market was down before covid even here in Phuket

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Anyone buying in this market should possibly wait and rent. can’t see the market picking up anytime soon. Guest houses etc I stayed at are now for sale, met some nice owners whose dreams have been shattered. I have 2 close friends that I talked out of their DREAMS.

are they thanking me now!

I had a friend here Christmas before last looking to buy property for rent, he would have needed to borrow money to do it, Not a good idea he would have been in deep <deleted> by now 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Devastating!

Since June 2020 I've ridden and toured over 6,000KMs around Thailand from Bangkok - Hat Yai - Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai and back. During those trips it has truly shocked me the level of empty property, land and businesses available for rent/sale. Cities, towns, villages, farming areas and tourist areas. The economy is devastated and it's a renters/buyers market if you can find a motivated owner. A friend rents a lovely condo on a high floor in central Bangkok overlooking the river. On renewal in October, he negotiated a reduced rent from 22K to 18K Baht while his neighbour on same floor with a company rental is paying 35K for same size/type of unit. Do your research, shop around and haggle hard to find a real bargain. Don't be afraid to make a low offer and walk away if it's not accepted. Always leave negotiation open and tell the owner to contact you if they reconsider. Happy hunting.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

As usual an "advert" for a rental but no price. Why is there so much secrecy here in Thailand about price? What are you afraid of? If you want 10,000 Baht a month then say so. If you want to try for more then at least put a price and haggle. So many times there are adverts of sales and rentals but no price. If I don't see a price I wouldn't bother. At least a ballpark figure to guage whether or not it's worth a phone call. All this cloak and dagger about "send me a PM if you're interested". Waste of time.

Feel the same. No way would I 'phone if no price. I already know it's going to be "how much you give me?" if you 'phone to ask.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 8:16 AM, hapark said:

Happy New Year to all.  Looking for tips on best methods, websites, and social media groups, or apps to look for a rental condo in Pattaya.  All advice welcome.

What was the outcome? Have you seen any places you like?

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Getting home and the exhausting walk up the hill to the baht bus route  (to avoid the guys charging a bit more at the bottom) was a complaint a friend made of there. 

Lived there and never again. 150 baht for private BB and more in the rain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Lao said:

Always fancied Phratumnak area For a long term rental not so noisy but close enough to everything. Does anyone have experience living in that area regarding condo prices and livability pros and cons?

If you have a motorbike to get around, it is not bad at all.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2021 at 12:16 AM, pantech said:

As an example of why online ads are so unreliable, I contacted the above advertiser on Sunday morning to ask for a viewing (looks good and I would be prepared to rent if OK). I still never got a reply by either phone or email. Now I notice that the price was changed (on 5th Jan). On the advert there are now 3 different prices. I suggest that anyone wanting to rent out their property they respond to inquiries. I actually drove around the property to check location etc. My original recommendation stands - go to the property and talk to the manager's office.

Pattaya Condo Apartment rental.jpg