Why the winners in Georgia runoffs might not be known for days

webfact

While I'd prefer the Dems to win--and especially since the Rep candidates appear to be real slimeballs--it wouldn't bother me if the Rep's won.  It would actually help Biden to keep the extreme left wing of the party in check.  For example, I don't agree that student loans should be forgiven.  Those of us responsible folks managed to pay off our loans and it would be a slap in the face to let others get off scot free.  Besides, where would the money come from?  That's just one issue that I don't agree with the Bernie wing. 

But the most important part is done....that is, getting Trump the freak out of the WH.   

2 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Looks like Dems won at least one of them.  Keeping my fingers crossed on the other one.

Please stop insulting pathetic losers.  They don't want to be associated with him either. ????  

A huge bunch of early mail in votes haven't been counted yet.  Some 25k.  Most will vote for the dems....

Doubt we can call this for a day or so.  But at least one gain is great!! 2 would be incredible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

So Loeffler said she isn’t conceding, wants every legal vote to be counted, and that there’s a path to victory. Where have we heard that before? 

The NYT says there are 93,000 votes left to count and that Warnock's and Ossoff's estimated shares of those uncounted votes will be 77%. That'd give them each a net gain of 71,000 votes. If true, Ossoff would win by 69,000 votes (1.5%) and Warnock by 106,000 votes (2.5%), both well above the automatic recount margin (0.5%). 

Mathematically, if Warnock and Ossoff get 77% of the vote, then their respective opponents will get 23%, meaning the net gain would be about 50,000 votes (54% margin).  I truly believe that both will win, based on where the remaining votes lie, but I think it will be less than 77%.

I'm just a bit disappointed that Ossoff isn't going to win by just 11,780 votes!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Unfortunately its premature to call this for Ossoff. 

If he does win he will be the youngest current senator which ironically is how ancient Biden got started.

If he loses his political career should be over because that would mean he lost two of the most expensive non presidential elections in world history. First for congress and then for senate.

Maybe indelicate to mention this but being Jewish is a political liability in Georgia even among many black voters. 

But if course it would be fantastic if he prevails.

Black and Jewish senators from Georgia.

• Like 1

One down . . . one to go.

Warnock gave a speech accepting the election some time ago and MSNBC declares his victory. Ossoff also released a "I think I'm gonna win" speech and the odds are ever in his favor.

Edited by J Town
speling [sic]
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ossoff now ahead by 4k.  Pretty much game over as most votes are from heavily democrat counties, that also voted for Biden.

Yes its looking good but still not over. Remember the military and expat vote will be coming in for days from now and legal to count.

But the good news is while military leans republican expats lean democratic. So likely a wash.

Maybe good news for expats. We matter.

Also there will be a required recount. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes its looking good but still not over. Remember the military and expat vote will be coming in for days from now and legal to count.

Im sure trump will be calling for them not to be counted. Not.

Trump supporters are very quiet today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Also there will be a required recount. 

Not in the case of Warnock, his lead is beyond the required recount percentage. Will Rep's whine about HAVING to have a recount? You can bet on it, but we know how Georgia recounts go.

• Like 1