Tourists miss Pattaya and will return, says tourism chief

webfact

What makes this guy so confident that tourists will flood back to Pattaya, 

Thailand is not so attractive anymore, with lots of business closing down, the Strong Baht which makes it a lot more expensive, and certainly the 14 day quarantine, which tourist are NOT going to do, why would a tourist waist 2weeks out of a 4 weeks holiday being stuck in a hotel room 24/7..

• Like 2

Pattaya, and Hua Hin plus other tourist places will get tourists back, likely starting the Winter

of 2021, if a lot of people are vaccinated. Maybe Winter or 2022 will be more likely the

start of recovery year in tourism.  I will still travel cautiously as I do not want to have some

anti vaxxer, or covid carrier wrecking my holiday.  

Geezer

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

And not forget where it all started. The birthplace of Thai gogo, the Tahitian Queen. 

Long live the Tahitian Queen.

Tahitian queen has closed for the pandemic only. Once that is all sorted out, the Tahitian queen will reopen as per normal????????????????????

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Pattaya, and Hua Hin plus other tourist places will get tourists back, likely starting the Winter

of 2021, if a lot of people are vaccinated. Maybe Winter or 2022 will be more likely the

start of recovery year in tourism.

When you say "if a lot of people are vaccinated" that means, at even 50% of the Thai population, which may not be enough to appease western countries where the tourists will be coming from, that's 35 million people.   

How long do you think it will take for Thailand to either buy, or produce, and then vaccinate, 35 million people? 

Probably looking 18 months to 2 years.   So I would think mid 2022 is more likely, at best case scenario.  

Edited by Leaver

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

When you say "if a lot of people are vaccinated" that means, at even 50% of the Thai population, which may not be enough to appease western countries where the tourists will be coming from, that's 35 million people.   

How long do you think it will take for Thailand to either buy, or produce, and then vaccinate, 35 million people? 

Probably looking 18 months to 2 years.   So I would think mid 2022 is more likely, at best case scenario.  

That's hilarious.

Your comments continue to crack me up, i do like a good laugh in the mornings - thanks for that.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:45 PM, J Town said:

And stop inflating the baht. Otherwise there are plenty of other countries offering better deals.

The baht is not being inflated. It is the Western countries deflating their currencies. Like the US printing $3 trillion.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

That's hilarious.

Your comments continue to crack me up, i do like a good laugh in the mornings - thanks for that.

How long do you think it will take Thailand to vaccinate even 50% of the population?  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yip, better than glass 1/2 MT like you are with 99% of your comments / predictions.

At least they reflect reality, more than a mid July completion for the vaccination of Thai's, and like so many other of your comments.

Edited by Leaver
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, shackleton said:

Keep reading tourists will return to Pattaya 

But unless the Quarantine lockdowns are done away with and the vaccine 

Is introduced 

Won't be to  many Tourists coming maybe  2022 at the earliest 

If there's much left to see in Pattaya by then 

Tourism here will need a rebuilding phase, and it will take years, not months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

could watch the demolition of the ugly condo block at Bali Hai

Scheduled for 2040....special New Years Eve post Covid event to accompany the fireworks. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1