Contact tracing apps now COMPULSORY in Thailand - possible penalties for people not using them

webfact

1 minute ago, rtco said:

I religiously use the ThaiChana App when going in and coming out of shops, s'markets etc, sanitise my hands every time I do that (sometimes up to three times a day), use the temperature machines etc etc etc. And I have now downloaded the MorChana App.

Okay, I get it. You're a good boy.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

At present certainly, it's unclear whether it will stay that way, also see my earlier post with the link to Matichon.

A fairly garbled Google translation, but I think the gist of it is, as you say, MorChana (Doctor Won is the literal translation) is not now a prescribed app. But for a foreigner, 1000 THB or so for a cheapie phone is not a huge price to pay to get in step, surely! They do have other uses!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

So if you don't own a smartphone you are now a criminal in Thailand???

It's the same in Oz if I want to go to a cafe ,resturant etc.I need to take a pic of a QR code then ap to log in etc etc. Not this dinosaur.My phone is ancient and pre-touch screen.It used to be paper  and pen sign in.

Edited by findlay13

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

Well I guess that means most of the Thai population are now considered criminals as Google play store shows only 500k+ have downloaded the Mor Chana app. Not even 1 million. And Thai Chana only has 1m+ downloadeds. 

Considering everyone in Thailand uses the line app, it should be OK as it works through the scanner on the line app too. So dont even have to install any extra apps if you have line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

I thought that sim cards have to registered to the owner . if you turn on location they could track and trace from that . Or am I completely wrong ?

I gathered the idea of the MorChana app was to use bluetooth (not confirmed clearly) to be able see if you rubbed noses with anyone who who is suspected of having covid.

Edited by bluesofa
grammar