Almost 700 asymptomatic patients admitted to field hospitals for observation

rooster59

10 minutes ago, starky said:

Finally someone understands what these field hospitals are for. I've seen some ridiculous comments on here. Yes they are very similar to others worldwide. 

I doubt you'll find Winnie the Pooh or Megaman bedding in many of the field hospitals Worldwide mate.

• Haha 2

But look.  The top of the market in Covid-proof tents for you to languish in while you die.  But as a farang that would probably cost you 100,000 THB to stay in the lap of covid luxury.

Image12.jpeg.00b7052ef15f1f88d40274ee7435e8ce.jpeg

It would be interesting to know how many of these are related to the outbreak in Samut Sakon vs unrelated (previous 2020 unreported infections) that have now been discovered due to the increase in testing. There will be thousands of asymptomatic out there.

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Exactly.

Have good insurance or sufficient funds and they will find a nice hospital bed for you.

Insurance is null and void if you have flown from a tier 3 & 4 zone at the time of your flight unless lt's for buisness. Holidays are not covered in the small print.  A lot of people will get a shock when trying to claim medical bills

12 hours ago, jonclark said:

Sorry guys, I do not wish to be negative towards Thailand, but that is a pretty <deleted> poor effort.

I think using the word "hospital" to  describe the photo is stretching the words meaning to its absolute limit.

Looks like a poor man's Glastonbury. 

You should have seen the original photos the MoPH put out of their temporary field hospital in Samut Sakhon...

It was little more than some kind of repurposed warehouse with cots equipped with a pillow and blanket spread around the room. No screens, no dividers, no privacy, no electrical outlets or even any medical equipment shown in those photos as being available. Ahh, and razor wire decorations outside.  Not even up to Army boot camp standard.

The photos on the OP news post look luxurious by comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is that a mattress on top of plastic storage boxes?  What's with the mosquito netting?  Did they buy that at a dollar store?  

Anyways...

I'm not sure why they need to be there.  Generally speaking, people who are asymptomatic stay at home unless they have a family there, then they go to an isolation facility.  

This is weird, LOL.