Another tip from the public leads to 15 arrests at Chonburi gambling den

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture:: Daily News

Chonburi provincial police and officers from the Samed station in Muang District surprised 15 Thai and foreign employees who were running the CCTV cameras for an illegal online High-Low gambling operation at business premises yesterday. 

The raid followed a tip from a member of the public, said Samed station chief Pol Col Chanachai Kasemwong. 

Arrested were 10 Thais, three Cambodians and 2 Laotians - they were charged with gambling offences, violating the emergency decree and in some cases illegal entry to Thailand. 

Various equipment including dice was taken into evidence. 

One suspect said he had come from the south to work and was paid 500 baht a day. The High-Low part of the business was netting the owner 500,000 to 600,000 baht a day with 50 to 60 people playing daily. 

Chanachai said that this form of gambling was particularly bad because punters were defrauded by camera trickery.

The arrests yesterday were the start of the investigation that will be expanded.

news_uqYXSMQjRg222714_533.jpg

Picture:: Daily News

He urged the public to keep the calls coming in.

Last weekend a gambling den was busted in a well publicized raid in Jomtien in the Pattaya area after a first tip from a member of the public.

Gambling has increasingly come under the spotlight in Thailand due to the spread of Covid-19, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-12

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

The High-Low part of the business was netting the owner 500,000 to 600,000 baht a day with 50 to 60 people playing daily. 

Chanachai said that this form of gambling was particularly bad because punters were defrauded by camera trickery.

and yet the gullible's are still queuing up to be relieved of their cash ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I was also admiring the pointing, the guy on the left I would give an 8/10, a good solid point, from the shoulder, executed with conviction and purpose. The guy on the right 2/10, its more a vague wave, not really a point.

Good to see the point returning to these arrest stories.

Indeed! Haven't seen such fine pointing since pre-CV19.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

I've just realised this is an anagram of, "Public undertaking job police paid for but too lazy to do"

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, uksmdh said:

Someone please tell me the point of this story?

The point is,normally there is no illegal gambling in Thailand.!!!(sarc.)

Now with illegal gambling and the spread of Covid some how connected the police are

getting tips about (non existing) illegal gambling operations.

Now can someone please tell me the point of this story?

Oh, the police just love these kind of raids where the scoop the dosh back with them and some,(more then some) always get misplaced somehow... in the words of Mel Brooks 'its good to be a policeman in Thailand'...