Scottish nationalists set for record majority, boosting independence push

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

It has been challenged ever since Salmond and Sturgeons signed the agreement. And why can't you respect the wishes of the majority that voted to remain?

I am confused .

It appears you wish to place political dogma over democratic principles.

Respecting the result does not mean to cease campaigning for what a person believes is best for the country.

It is difficult to argue the wishes of the 2014 majority has not been respected. Scotland is still in the UK some 7 years after the vote.

• Like 1

As I see it and me not giving a dam whether Scots are in OR out of UK if they want out go.

If  Scots want independence it reminds me of what Sir Alex Ferguson said. 

What about the 800,000 Scots who live and work in the UK. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

As I see it and me not giving a dam whether Scots are in OR out of UK if they want out go.

If  Scots want independence it reminds me of what Sir Alex Ferguson said. 

What about the 800,000 Scots who live and work in the UK. 

What about them?

Would be in a similar boat to the 1.2 million Brits who live in Europe after Brexit.

PH

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Not really nice at all when you consider just how damaging it has been, and when you consider just how desperate they are to subvert the democratic process. 

Your SNP has fluffed up on loads of stuff running Scotland, and you want the SNP independence....????

47 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Brexit is a major change and all uk countries should be given a vote on what they want.

And if that change was to prove fab, what then if you have left the union....You want to go it alone and be controlled by 27 other countries, how daft is that....????

5 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

I am confused .

It appears you wish to place political dogma over democratic principles.

Respecting the result does not mean to cease campaigning for what a person believes is best for the country.

It is difficult to argue the wishes of the 2014 majority has not been respected. Scotland is still in the UK some 7 years after the vote.

Can we get this idea out of your head that it me that set the rules for the Scottish Referendum, it was the Scottish parliament that voted for the conditions and ruling of the said referendum. And as such not only you but infact the rest of us too should respect the final result, why you wish to go over the heads of the Scots and ignore their vote is a mystery only known to the SNP.

Indeed Scotland is still in the UK some 7 years after the vote which does credit to how our democracy works in the UK.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can we get this idea out of your head that it me that set the rules for the Scottish Referendum, it was the Scottish parliament that voted for the conditions and ruling of the said referendum. And as such not only you but infact the rest of us too should respect the final result, why you wish to go over the heads of the Scots and ignore their vote is a mystery only known to the SNP.

Indeed Scotland is still in the UK some 7 years after the vote which does credit to how our democracy works in the UK.

Again with "the Scots" Still no acknowledgement that you are incorrect.  Which you even proved by your own link.

But the SNP cannot ignore anyone's vote and nor are they trying to.  The only way the SNP will be returned (again) in May is if they receive enought votes.  Since they are standing on a manifesto dominated by seeking another referendum, then one would hope that even you would respect this vote if it happens.

PH. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

And if that change was to prove fab, what then if you have left the union....You want to go it alone and be controlled by 27 other countries, how daft is that....????

Daft or not its not relevent. If thats what scotland wants then let them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Some of us think that leaving the EU was a little bit daft.  But we respect the result even if we do not like it.  If and when it proves to be a roaring success I will be very happy to concede I was wrong.  I doubt very much that you andf those like you will do the same.

If Scotland gains independence and proves to be successful will you offer them the same congratulations?

PH

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Some of us think that leaving the EU was a little bit daft.  But we respect the result even if we do not like it.  If and when it proves to be a roaring success I will be very happy to concede I was wrong.  I doubt very much that you andf those like you will do the same.

If Scotland gains independence and proves to be successful will you offer them the same congratulations?

PH

You respect the Brexit vote.........:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

43 minutes ago, vogie said:

I am not very good at multi tasking so I may have to put one of you on hold while I explain to the others that doesn't understand how democracy and indeed referendums work.????

its not by denying a vote. Period.

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

But much to your detriment that is not what the Scots want. Scotland is not all about you and the Nationalists.

The polls suggest that most Scots and people resident in Scotland do, indeed, want to break away from the UK. 

This is reflected repeatedly in our elections to Holyrood and to Westminster. There is nothing that the UK has to offer which appeals to the masses. We see through the sham and the lies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

The polls suggest that most Scots and people resident in Scotland do, indeed, want to break away from the UK. 

This is reflected repeatedly in our elections to Holyrood and to Westminster. There is nothing that the UK has to offer which appeals to the masses. We see through the sham and the lies. 

"The polls suggest"

The referendum confirmed.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Education, drug abuse, Corvid stuff, leader telling porkies, trying to break up the UK......????

A covid death either side of the border is a tragedy and should not be used for political capital, but if you must post about Scottish covid response, don't you think its at least appropriate to show the English response in comparison? 

You are right in your last point, however. They must work harder on escaping the union. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, vogie said:

The rules did not say ' respect the final result' .

It actually stated  to deliver a result that can be respected 

43 minutes ago, vogie said:

Give me proof, your posts are like me saying 'my car has 4 wheels' time after time, after time. Give us all some substance.

Before anyone gives you proof of anything, maybe you shuld address your repeated incorrect references to "the Scots".  Or do  requirements only go in one direction?

PH

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

Lets not play semantics, respecting a vote is allowing it to happen and not throwing the teddy out of the cot because it didn't go the way you would have liked.

It is not semantics 

The agreement is a corcadant not giving any rise to legal obligations or commitments.

The agreement never specified what should happen after the vote. 

The closest it came was in the memorandum 

‘The two governments are committed to continue to work together constructively in the light of the outcome, whatever it is, in the best interests of the people of Scotland and of the rest of the United Kingdom '.

It should now be clear from this clause that the agreement does not settle the question for any period of time.

The agreement only sets out a group of statements for the administration of the referendum.

• Like 1