Okay given for Bt300 foreign tourist entry fee

webfact

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you really believe that expressing an opinion on this forum equates to a refusal to travel ???? 

I certainly dislike the idea that almost undoubtedly back-handers were paid by ASQ hotels to be awarded such status - does that mean I refuse to travel back to my family ??????  Of course not, that suggestion is downright stupid. 

Highlighting the selective use of principles Richard would only be classed as stupid by the person caught out ????????

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

The UK government absorbs ha ha ha you are joking Richard taxes or VAT will go up or both

I give up........ why? because after all the bullshirt from you guys who are making all the noise about not paying, you will still pay, as Thailand is value for money. So in all reality all your 'accusations' to 'support' your stance will prove to be redundant. You will pay as you did for your quarantine Richard, then conveniently move on to churn out the same old rhetoric about the government while still putting money into it.

What do you think the UK government or any other government is if it is not taxes ? 

Part of that tax money earned is GST, VAT etc... into which visitors to the country contribute. 

Of course we will pay, its not voluntary after all !

But when the topic arises on a discussion designed for such and when I have time to discuss such I can voice my opinion that I find a policy such as this distasteful and enter discussions with others like yourself who think such policies are perfectly acceptable and seem happy to pay whatever is asked of them.

I’ll pay, I’m just not quite as happy as you are to do so because I believe the real intention of this policy is to provide an avenue for those who’ve made this decision and those who’ve approved it to profit from it. Thailand has too much history of such behaviour from its decision makers for this not to be a strong possibility. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’d like to propose a couple of questions to you 473geo...

- Do you believe money from this 300b fund will NO|T end up in the pockets of some making this decision?

- Do you believe this decision was NOT influenced by this potential to ’skim’ a little off the top?

I have seen zero evidence thus far to suggest any funding received from this yet to be implemented tourist entry tax of 300 baht will go anywhere but the fund it is intended to support

The tax appears to me to be a fair method of recovering losses from the tourist sector attributed to non payment of tourist bills in hospitals as reported over last few years, should such losses be minimal the excess would be useful in supporting the tourist industry in alternative ways.

As such I will be quite content to deliver my 300 baht when I arrive in Thailand of a free VOA

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’d like to propose a couple of questions to you 473geo...

- Do you believe money from this 300b fund will NO|T end up in the pockets of some making this decision?

- Do you believe this decision was NOT influenced by this potential to ’skim’ a little off the top?

Who cares !!! Pay up or ship out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2021 at 10:28 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Typical apologist response, this it not a Thai Bash, its a bash as those making such flawed decisions. 

What a dumb comment - you don’t think Thai’s also draw the same conclusions that we do about such policies. 

It is because I have a wealth of Thai friends that I can readily recognise the ‘cash grab’ that this really is.

300 Baht for travel insurance

I'm struggling to understand what there is to bash about that?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

So go !!! just sayin', go to some other flee pit country without the infrastructure because you are sobbing of being diddled for a whole of 1o bucks.

oh what a rant you been on the lao kho or what i think you need to to take a deep breath is this lockdown getting to you ..i stated  300 ripping off farangs is no good good for us or their tourism  Just saying ...perhaps you have trouble understanding English ..or should i write it with a Crayon Bucks eh u a yank we talk Baht here have a good day sir 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, darrendsd said:

300 Baht for travel insurance

I'm struggling to understand what there is to bash about that?

yes but Why should i lag travel ins for people who dont pay their bills  i pay hospital bills for me and my family  not for Farangs who prefer to spend it on Booze then cry when they don't have cash for doctors i dont mind helping the more unfortunate genuine ones but no 300 for scroungers let the moaning do gooders on here pay it 

36 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

oh what a rant you been on the lao kho or what i think you need to to take a deep breath is this lockdown getting to you ..i stated  300 ripping off farangs is no good good for us or their tourism  Just saying ...perhaps you have trouble understanding English ..or should i write it with a Crayon Bucks eh u a yank we talk Baht here have a good day sir 

You are drawing a long bow claiming poor souls like you are being ripped off  for being charged 10 Dollars (baht, dollari, pounds - who ef-fin' cares). Maybe on people that are objecting, that very crayon can be used on their foreheads with the word - misers !! Y'all have a good day now !!

2 minutes ago, Bangkocker said:

You are drawing a long bow claiming poor souls like you are being ripped off  for being charged 10 Dollars (baht, dollari, pounds - who ef-fin' cares). Maybe on people that are objecting, that very crayon can be used on their foreheads with the word - misers !! Y'all have a good day now !!

you are missing the point it the ethics its the point that this is a way of ripping off people who want to come here  thailand is in a bad state to put it mildly  tourism is dead the government doesn't have a clue  they should be giving people a reason to come not put blocks in the way  ive worked in tourism all my working life i know how just a small thing like this can get blown out of all proportion which it has if you read on most sites inc this one  .. it also states the money would be used to cover medical of those who do not have cover and cost the Thais a fortune in unpaided medical bills which is not good..i pay my insurance for me my wife and kids we do not scrounge from anyone i just cannot accept i pay their bills while they take the carefree attitude that someone will  insurance can be bought for the price of a few daily beers which it seem ..beers win ..im not tight i fo my bit for our community here in Thailand i sponsor and attending any fund raising to help   its just principal with this 300 ...ps was i right about the yank thing   lol   keep safe ..

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh purleeeesee... ..... You don’t believe there is corruption without a smoking gun ???? 

Your argument was that this is to support the health industry, now your argument is that its to support the tourist sector... 

The support of the tourist sector is the very presence of tourists....  IF tourists were costing Thailand money it would not welcome them and TAT wouldn’t be announcing so many different schemes and ways to get tourism back on track. 

This scheme a greedy cash grab with some window dressing for people daft enough to believe the hideous BS. 

Richard you choose to go through life lumbered with opinion everything in Thailand is a rip off and a con, I'm happy for you if that floats your boat. I'll just smile and pay my 300 baht, I guess I will be reading about the extortionate price of tablets to counteract hypertension next.........???? .........but I guess if required you will pay for them too

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If married to a British citizen she can apply after 3 years as long as she can pass the requirements.

I don't see where it says you can apply after 3 years if married to a British Citizen. Was this the old process that May changed?

From what we’ve been told and on the gov’ website it’s five years.

My wife entered on a Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter visa.

After two and half years she got her Spouse/Partner Leave to remain visa.

On five years she can apply for her I.L.R. visa & then apply for British passport.

Yes, I know the fees, they  keep rising,  especially HIS (health insurance cover ones). That’s why I thought worth doing now instead of delaying and redoing everything at a higher cost at a later date.

I’m British.

My wife is a Thai Doctor – her English test scores are higher than required.

She has already passed the “Life in the UK” test

Has police checks

Earns more than the requirements

However, we still have to wait for 5 years.

Which I personally think is a disgrace if married to a British national, however they are the current government rules.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 5:48 PM, 473geo said:

I earn 4 or 5 times the average salary in Thailand, I am a visitor, a tourist, I don't pay a tax to contribute to Thai welfare, or upkeep of the the attractions, other than VAT or entrance fee. What amounts to a couple or so thousand baht a year is no issue to me, should I wish to enjoy Thai attractions. There will be many on this forum spending way more than that on one 'attraction' for a week.

Like to add Thailand has enough money to take care of their people with out getting it from tourist if its not so why are they getting involved with space travel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hezzey said:

Like to add Thailand has enough money to take care of their people with out getting it from tourist if its not so why are they getting involved with space travel.

I think the plan might be to load it with stingy farangs

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 473geo said:

Richard you choose to go through life lumbered with opinion everything in Thailand is a rip off and a con, I'm happy for you if that floats your boat. I'll just smile and pay my 300 baht, I guess I will be reading about the extortionate price of tablets to counteract hypertension next.........???? .........but I guess if required you will pay for them too

Your criticism is now a personal one, that I have opinions  ????  and you have made another statement I think ‘everything in Thailand is a rip off’....  Again, you keep making these statements on my behalf to bolster your argument instead of sticking to what I have written. 

Can’t you deal with the specific subject of debate ?? You now attempt to take the personal route and question my health.

Quite laughable...  you now suggest I have hypertension !! - Don’t worry, if I did it would be eased by the enjoyment of amusement at idiotic assumptions and statements you have made on my behalf !!!!... 

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your criticism is now a personal one, that I have opinions  ????  and you have made another statement I think ‘everything in Thailand is a rip off’....  Again, you keep making these statements on my behalf to bolster your argument instead of sticking to what I have written. 

Can’t you deal with the specific subject of debate ?? You now attempt to take the personal route and question my health.

Quite laughable...  you now suggest I have hypertension !! - Don’t worry, if I did it would be eased by the enjoyment of amusement at idiotic assumptions and statements you have made on my behalf !!!!... 

I take it you never read what you post Richard - bye

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, 473geo said:

I think the plan might be to load it with stingy farangs

It's principal not the money, being charged more because you're foreign is racist and most expats don't like it, I suppose you will say go home if you don't like it, racism has to stop. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hezzey said:

It's principal not the money, being charged more because you're foreign is racist and most expats don't like it, I suppose you will say go home if you don't like it, racism has to stop. 

Get over your handwringing and sobbing. If it is enacted it will be as "racist" as the existing exit tax and any other of the multiple transit taxes people of all races get hit with every time they fly anywhere in the world.

How come we don't get 30 odd pages bleating about the racist visa exempt ... oh that's right, it's a form of discrimination that benefits the vast majority of TV membership.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Salerno said:

Get over your handwringing and sobbing. If it is enacted it will be as "racist" as the existing exit tax and any other of the multiple transit taxes people of all races get hit with every time they fly anywhere in the world.

How come we don't get 30 odd pages bleating about the racist visa exempt ... oh that's right, it's a form of discrimination that benefits the vast majority of TV membership.

Www I was talking about the charges for visiting attractions when you live in thailand not someone who visits once a year. 

On 1/15/2021 at 12:31 PM, 473geo said:

One thing any 'sane' person will admit is that in Thailand you need to be adaptable and flexible, I guess there are those who cry out for change in Thailand, then when it comes, are neither prepared to accept it, or pay for it, because it doesn't suit their personal agenda

I'm not crying out for change, i'd rather have Thailand rewind the clock six years and the present individuals making such a mess of running the country go and have a holiday in China ( One way )......   I think everyone who's been in Thailand for many years will tell you that Thailand used to be No1....... Now ?   As i say if you can't sell those two commodities anywhere in the world then you need a quick course in business...... I have something you want and i'll make it buyable at a fair price..... easy........  Or the Thai version is, I have two things that you want and i'm going to price it out of your reach, then i'm going to raise the price when you don't buy it......... That's purely Chinese thinking.........  My family agreed to buy a house in Hong Kong five times before we warned the seller that the fifth time was the last !   His reason was,  " if you agree to the price it must be too cheap ".......  Five times we agreed the price then refused !     Sound familiar ?    

• Like 2