Okay given for Bt300 foreign tourist entry fee

webfact

3 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I'm not crying out for change, i'd rather have Thailand rewind the clock six years and the present individuals making such a mess of running the country go and have a holiday in China ( One way )......   I think everyone who's been in Thailand for many years will tell you that Thailand used to be No1....... Now ?   As i say if you can't sell those two commodities anywhere in the world then you need a quick course in business...... I have something you want and i'll make it buyable at a fair price..... easy........  Or the Thai version is, I have two things that you want and i'm going to price it out of your reach, then i'm going to raise the price when you don't buy it......... That's purely Chinese thinking.........  My family agreed to buy a house in Hong Kong five times before we warned the seller that the fifth time was the last !   His reason was,  " if you agree to the price it must be too cheap ".......  Five times we agreed the price then refused !     Sound familiar ?    

I believe anybody who thinks 300 baht entry will create any major downturn in tourism to Thailand has lost the plot. Airfares will increase by over 10 times that amount, so laying any drop in tourism on 300 baht is insane, of course the 'principled ones' may well pretend to look elsewhere, but I'm betting they still show.

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, Salerno said:

Get over your handwringing and sobbing. If it is enacted it will be as "racist" as the existing exit tax and any other of the multiple transit taxes people of all races get hit with every time they fly anywhere in the world.

How come we don't get 30 odd pages bleating about the racist visa exempt ... oh that's right, it's a form of discrimination that benefits the vast majority of TV membership.

Yeh sobbing indeed. Oh these precious entitled farangs !! Some just like to whinge for the sake of whinging. You'd have more of a chance negotiating a better deal with a bargirl that the Thai government. But I guess some would rather save the 300 and play with their own piddlers instead hahahah.'Thou shalt pay up the 300 baht cheerfully' lest you get you ar se kicked out  and sent back home where you belong.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

judging by the amount of people on this thread who have no idea of how,what, and where they pay taxes on their travel, I think the splattering of 'confused' emoticons is for real. Indeed it is surely a miracle some manage to make it to Thailand at all!! ????????

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2021 at 6:06 AM, sirineou said:

what country can anyone can tell with  any sense of certainty what  politicians will do  with taxes? Why single Thailand? 

Personally Id rather see taxes making a politician rich , than killing people in other countries. 

Unbelievable !! A whole thread with mostly old whingers being incensed about paying 300 Baht. Birds of a feather indeed ... as if an open forum is going to alter the course of the decision made by the Thai government. Take more of your medication guys >> it might make a difference to your lame attitudes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

Unbelievable !! A whole thread with mostly old whingers being incensed about paying 300 Baht. Birds of a feather indeed ... as if an open forum is going to alter the course of the decision made by the Thai government. Take more of your medication guys >> it might make a difference to your lame attitudes.

QUOTE: as if an open forum is going to alter the course of the decision made by the Thai government.

So you want to close TVForum?

Or use it only as a board for official government announcements?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: as if an open forum is going to alter the course of the decision made by the Thai government.

One must give them their few brief moments in the sun before,Icarus like,they plunge into the sea...????

11 hours ago, 473geo said:

Thai government cash hand out predicted 210 billion baht

Stingy Tvisa farang whine that the proposed 300 baht tax might not get used effectively

????????????????????????????

The prediction was 300 X 10 000 000 = 3 000 000 000 - going where?

And in the next years several times that, as tourists will flood in again.

Edited by oldhippy

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Answer: Yes, I want to close this mad forum so that sookies stop stamping their feet and throwing tanties like little children. And yes T.V serves as a board for official government announcements. Clear now ??

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

The prediction was 300 X 10 000 000 = 3 000 000 000 - going where?

And in the next years several times that, as tourists will flood in again.

Who cares where. Are you the self appointed Thai minister for finance. Just pay up cheerfully.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:03 AM, Ventenio said:

...farang property tax, farang bank tax, farang exit tax

I believe these taxes and fees apply equally to Thais and foreigners, not only to the people to whom you refer as farang.

And yes T.V serves as a board for official government announcements.

3 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

Answer: Yes, I want to close this mad forum so that sookies stop stamping their feet and throwing tanties like little children. And yes T.V serves as a board for official government announcements. Clear now ??

As a first step in the abolishment of this mad forum, you could stop posting.

And to answer your question "Clear now ??" it is not clear to me what you mean with "And yes T.V serves as a board for official government announcements."

PS. I looked up "tantie" - couldn't find it. Maybe babytalk for tantrum?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

And yes T.V serves as a board for official government announcements.

As a first step in the abolishment of this mad forum, you could stop posting.

And to answer your question "Clear now ??" it is not clear to me what you mean with "And yes T.V serves as a board for official government announcements."

PS. I looked up "tantie" - couldn't find it. Maybe babytalk for tantrum?

Bye now baby. .

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2021 at 3:09 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The constant repetition of insulting state sponsored schemes to rid tourists of money just becomes tiresome.

Thailand is seriously hurting due to the absence of international tourist yet complete imbeciles are still trying to figure out ways to scheme more money from the very people it wants to attract. 

So often I’m astonished by the outrageously flawed mindset of those in positions who come up with this stuff. 

When I read news such as this I draw the opinion that Thailand doesn’t deserve tourists, but sadly it is the general population who would be hurt, while those in positions of power dream up more schemes from which to graft and skim funds.

Will the person's who drew up the scheme take up responsibility for the drop in tourists due to it.. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Will the person's who drew up the scheme take up responsibility for the drop in tourists due to it.. 

How can they ??? No tourists at the moment. Maybe ask them in a year when all tourists will gladly pay 300 baht to get in again (except those that had their feeling hurt and elect to stay at home in an act of defiance). Yes, will the whingers raise their hands now !! You may stay at home. More cheap 'everything' for us that are not misers and whingers.

• Confused 1

On 1/15/2021 at 3:21 AM, 473geo said:

I'm far from a rich man but 300 baht is not going to have an effect on me, however there will be a cumulative benefit for Thailand

I don't begrudge 300 baht in these hard times

exactly. I just read a study where they say 25% of folks in the U.K. are fixing their own teeth, so maybe the 300 seems like a lot to those. IMO travel will become more expensive going forward so many of those on the cusp of affording it will be out of the picture entirely.. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

How can they ??? No tourists at the moment. Maybe ask them in a year when all tourists will gladly pay 300 baht to get in again (except those that had their feeling hurt and elect to stay at home in an act of defiance). Yes, will the whingers raise their hands now !! You may stay at home. More cheap 'everything' for us that are not misers and whingers.

QUOTE: More cheap 'everything' for us that are not misers and whingers.

Are you talking about tempels and national parks - think again.

But of course you are talking about sex as a Thai way to escape poverty.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 7:27 PM, nong38 said:

Does this replace the entry health insurance scheme with 100,000$ covid attachment or is this an add on? 

Thai Examiner says it does?

Tourism levy to be announced in the Royal Gazette shortly and will provide full medical coverage to all foreign tourists in Thai hospitals including Covid-19 medical coverage.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/01/18/mass-foreign-tourism-10-million-visitors-targeted-full-insurance-cover/

Edited by metisdead
1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

exactly. I just read a study where they say 25% of folks in the U.K. are fixing their own teeth, so maybe the 300 seems like a lot to those. IMO travel will become more expensive going forward so many of those on the cusp of affording it will be out of the picture entirely.. 

Yeh that figures - even misers with their own teeth. So why would old misers come to Thailand anyhow ? surely it's not just for the cheap pi ss.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:01 PM, from the home of CC said:

I can't be happier. Hope they permanently stay out of Thailand.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, popabear said:

I would not begrudge this 300 Bath if they use most of it to cover people like myself that are over 75 years old and cannot get health insurance because of age and maybe past health problems ,who just can't get insurance cover.  Thailand has wanted for a long time , to make every one,  including Tourist and Visa exempt , buy insurance , so if that happens ,myself and many others , now and in the future , will not be having a holiday in Thailand .          Regards,,,,,   Popa                                                         

Stay at home is my advice. You can't get insurance cover because you are a bad health risk.Chances are you are riddled with infirmities. Insurance is not for the benefit of people hahahh. It is for the profitability of the insurance company Silly!! You have it base over apex.

• Confused 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: More cheap 'everything' for us that are not misers and whingers.

Are you talking about tempels and national parks - think again.

But of course you are talking about sex as a Thai way to escape poverty.

Hahahahahahahahah 'to escape poverty' ????? You mean for designer clothes, latest iphone, new shoes,  pay rent, try to land a rich farang, buy a new motorbike, and the list goes on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1