Thailand Elite members warned about overstaying

snoop1130

10 hours ago, YetAnother said:

welcome to thailand, give us all your money, thank you, anymore money ?;oh you just have a problem, LEAVE with penalty, NOW

That must be terrible, living in another country (i assume...) and feeling so unwelcome and despised day after day...

Maybe time to go back?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

You renew your permission to stay once a year, everyone should know that. The TE visa is all about the '1 year stamp'.

You can tell by the stamp in the passport - it has an expiry date on it - that's the date to renew by ????

There must be some real dummys out there.

I also got an email from them today, I rolled my eyes and moved onto the next spam.

when you normally travel in and out many times a year you never think about needing to go to immigration.  And most thailand elite members never do their 90 day report either, with no problems from that.  I mean, who is regularly looking at their passport when they can't go anywhere? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

? whats with the lowselfesteem and the self victimization?

The company that handles the elite visa simply informed everybody to renew their visa on time and that the penalty for overstay can be up to 20k baht fine and (unlikely) a 1 year ban. 

Whatever visa you have, you should take care to renew it, or not overstay. In case of any overstay, its the job of Thai IO to deal with it. 

For ppl who dont get it. Some groups of ppl, like digital nomads and younger single ppl who like to stay for a longer time in Thailand, cant do that with a pension visa or a marriage visa. The elite visa is for them, and, its up to them if they are willing to pay for it. Sounds fair to me.

Exactly what I said, but much better ????

Its the fright visa for certain groups who are eligible and can afford it.

12 hours ago, Guderian said:

Given that a normal retirement extension costs just 1,900 baht, perhaps the Elite customers thought that they were entitled to forego the annual extension having already stumped up a million baht, give or take. Understandable, but it just goes to show that no matter how much money you fork out in Thailand, you still need to read the small print. 

and it’s not even in the small print. More fool the person that buys a product they have not researched and understood properly 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Read the article..  

This is simply confirming that ‘anyone’ who’s visa and permission of entry has expired is on over-stay. 

Thai Elite S.E. Visa holders have to apply for an extensions every 90 days. 

Thai Elite P.E. Visa holders have to apply for an extensions every year.

While under ‘visa amnesty’ some people have let their visa lapse and not applied for their extensions at the end of the amnesty period. 

Thai Elite sent out the news to remind people that since November 1st, 2020, if they have not extended their permission of stay, or if their visa has expired and they are on overstay. 

These are the same basic overstay rules for everyone - nothing more to see here, but don’t let facts get in the way of some  misunderstood ‘way to treat people’ comments !

You're basically saying there is nothing elite about this visa. 

Not a great advertisement. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand Elite has this week warned its members about the severe penalties for overstaying in Thailand.

Thank you for your past contribution to Thailand... please give us your next million baht.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

might be a good idea at the end, the requirements are getting ridiculous for regular long term visa, it's all about making money at the end

Apart from how long 800k has to stay in the bank for Non-Imm O retirement, what other requirements have changed?

• Like 2

The super elite bought in a transfer deal sounds good.  Nit sure it's real name or anything about transfer but it was posted yesterday.    2 massages a month, plus other perks.  I would think most usually travel within a year so it's never had to be renewed.  Change of email address or phone number and didn't get the notice.  

1 minute ago, Elkski said:

The super elite bought in a transfer deal sounds good.  Nit sure it's real name or anything about transfer but it was posted yesterday.    2 massages a month, plus other perks.  I would think most usually travel within a year so it's never had to be renewed.  Change of email address or phone number and didn't get the notice.  

That's the thing. During normal times in Thailand I used to travel 4-5 times a year. This is why I wouldn't even put 400k a month for my marriage visa. Easier to take a plane to Laos, KL, even Singapore and have a nice shopping trip than deal with all the stupid trips to immigration and address reporting requirements even when you fart. 

This way I take a plane and you get a nice clean reset every 90 days.