Thailand Elite members warned about overstaying

snoop1130

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

You renew your permission to stay once a year, everyone should know that. The TE visa is all about the '1 year stamp'.

You can tell by the stamp in the passport - it has an expiry date on it - that's the date to renew by ????

There must be some real dummys out there.

I also got an email from them today, I rolled my eyes and moved onto the next spam.

same here. I literally fell off my seat laughing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

You renew your permission to stay once a year, everyone should know that. The TE visa is all about the '1 year stamp'.

You can tell by the stamp in the passport - it has an expiry date on it - that's the date to renew by ????

There must be some real dummys out there.

I also got an email from them today, I rolled my eyes and moved onto the next spam.

Im aware you get a one year stamp. But dont you also have to attend immigration every 90 days? What would happen if you failed to attend for the 90 day? 

2 minutes ago, Chopinbkk said:

So much pathetic the jealousy here. Get real guys, if u don't have / can't afford a TE visa, just don't comment here..... It isn't your thread - period.

Here comes that guy livin the dream, flashin da cash. 

Get real. I've never been in quarantine. By your logic I must be jealous of all the people who pay 50k to spend in a place serving cold breakfast. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Chopinbkk said:

So much pathetic the jealousy here. Get real guys, if u don't have / can't afford a TE visa, just don't comment here..... It isn't your thread - period.

Who is jealous or envious????? We just consider it a useless waste of time and money... But indeed it isn't our thread as it it isn't yours.. Did you apply for a Registered Trademark ??????

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Chopinbkk said:

True. If someone has enough money to throw around for his comforts, why not?

That's the most intelligent thing to do IMHO.

Enjoy your assets to the max and have a reasonably good life.

(Ultimately, the day arrives that all your assets are useless to yourself)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.....

Give retirees 10 year visas - why not ?

Give Spouses 10 year visas - why not ?

Give tourists 6 month Visas, even 1 year visas - why not?

The only reason is the government are fearful people may ‘work here illegally’... but they will anyway when the circumnavigate existing rules and obtain ‘other visa’... 

Anyone here long term spends money here long term. Thats surely an advantage to Thailand. 

Many foreigners moan about via requirements in Thailand, where in reality, it has very easy visa requirements compared to the rest of the world. 

A Thai retiring to the US, for example, needs to invest 16 million baht. A US person retiring here must pay $60 a year without investing money, or even poor ones can pay an illegal agent  20,000 baht for a 1 year visa. Try that in the US, and you'll be put in jail.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Sort of like buying a really expensive  car and assuming that means you don’t need to follow traffic laws. Surprise, surprise. You still have to follow the rules.

Buying an elite visa is more like paying 1 million baht for a license without the hassle of sitting the test. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

In that case, I would have used the word Git!

This has the added advantage of two meanings, an instruction in American English and an insult in English English.

A kind of two for one thing.

end of winter Sales??? 5555 And before you do; Don't get upset, just joking. 55555

16 hours ago, Snig27 said:

Sounds like you got turned down 555

If anyone offered you between 600.000 and 2 million Bt for very little in return, would you turn it down?

If I came into say, 2billion baht, although I would still stay based here, I would just let an agent handle everything and only keep enough money in Thailand for living expenses.

How can you trust a country who has coups every few years, and is often ruled by soldiers educated in Military Academies? Just take the present unelected "PM" as an example, and yet he has been a "PM" for about 7 years.

Admittedly I am new to using this way to comment.  I have two questions if someone can indulge me.

1) How do you reply to someone else's post or clip from someone else's post when writing your own? 

2) Yes, like many others here, I would like to know what the advantage is of an elite visa over a regularly yearly extension?  I just don't see it either.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WineOh said:

Anyone who buys into this 'elite' nonsense needs to give their head a serious wobble. 

And how do you stay long-time in Land-of-Smiles if you are under 50 years old, and not married to a Thai?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ravip said:

Fair enough.

If you pay for a certain period, that's it.

Just because you pay a big sum (because you can afford it , of course) can you break the conditions?

If your over stay is justified, would you justify if the authorities reduce the agreed time period?

Just askin...

If someone pays 600.000 Baht for five years to stay in the country, anyone should be entitled to ask how can it be possible to overstay 

during that five years. But it seems somehow it is. :crazy:

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Buying an elite visa is more like paying 1 million baht for a license without the hassle of sitting the test. 

A good analogy.

Except that getting a licence without taking the test costs 500 Baht in Thailand, as opposed to a million. And if you really hate immigration offices and officers you can pay an agent a few thousand Baht to 'take the test' of renewing your visa every year.

The only benefit of the Elite visa is for the under 50's who don't work and aren't married to a Thai. If you're over 50, paying an agent a few thousand Baht to go and sort out your retirement visa while you sit on your balcony/veranda sipping a cold beer counting the 5xx,xxx Baht you saved over the 5 years is a much more sensible option.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I believe that for the guys who are under fifty years old, not married, don't have a work permit and wish to live here full time that this is probably the option with least hassle.

True, but there is still hassle where it shouldn't be.