1-year extension (Type-OA visa) initially denied (Phuket) (both marriage & retirement)

My initial attempt today to go for a 1-year extension on my permission to stay in Thailand was denied in Phuket. I tried for an extension based on Marriage (initially denied) and Retirement (also initially denied).

I last entered Thailand on 29-Feb-2020 on a Type-OA visa. I am married with a Thai wife. I have excellent Health Insurance (exceeds the coverage of that on the Thai approved insurance company list) that covers both myself and my wife, is VERY inexpensive as it comes with my pension,  ... but my Health Insurance is not on Thai approved insurance list.

Failed 'Marriage' extension attempt: My Thai wife and I went to room 204 of Phuket Immigration for a 1-year extension based on marriage. I had all paper work, but the Phuket Immigration officials looked at the Visa, stated my permission to stay was based on a Type-OA and they said they would NOT grant an extension based on marriage, and for a Type-OA my extension could ONLY could be done in Phuket based on ‘retirement’. They referred me to room 103 of Phuket immigration where they stated I must ask for an extension based on ‘retirement’. The Immigration Office was very crowded and they immediately gave their attention to the next person in line. 

I have in excess of 80k Thai baht in the bank, so funds already in the bank for retirement extension is not an issue financially for me.

Failed 'Retirement extension Attempt': I went to room 103 of Phuket Immigration. They looked at my permission to stay stamp (entering Phuket on 29-February-2020, with a permission to stay until 27-February-2021) and noted I could only get a retirement extension if I had Health Insurance from the Thai approved list.

When my wife and I noted to this Immigration official (who had more time) we were married and asked why we were then sent to the ‘retirement’ section, the Immigration Official noted in Phuket one can only get an 1-year extension (based on marriage) on their permission to stay in Thailand (if Visa is Type-OA) if this is one’s 2nd extension on a Type-OA Visa. If it is one’s 1st extension (on a Type-OA), as is the case for me, one MUST go for a ‘retirement’ extension’. I did not know that.

Phuket Immigration Type-OA health insurance requirements: Also, in my case, the date of my entry to Thailand (on my Type-OA visa) means for Phuket Immigration I must get Health Insurance from the Thai approved list for a ‘retirement extension’.

This Health Insurance requirement for Phuket immigration (for retirement) is not a surprise to me, as the Phuket Immigration Volunteer site clearly states:

– If the Non-OA visa from your home country is issued in 2018 or later but the last entry date is AFTER 1 October 2019 then the health insurance is IS required for your extension.

From that Phuket Immigration Volunteer site, those with Type-OA Visas who do not require Health Insurance fall under these categories:

– If the Non-OA visa from your home country is issued In or BEFORE 2017 then the health insurance is NOT required for your extension.
– If the Non-OA visa from your home country is issued in 2018 or later but the last entry date is before 1 October 2019 then the health insurance is NOT required for your extension.

I had mistakenly believed I could obtain an extension based on Marriage with my Type-OA as a 1st extension. Turns out I was not correct wrt how Phuket Immigration implements the requirements.

Leaving Thailand and returning (on a different visa), in this pandemic time, is not something I am keen to do at present. So it now appears I will need to purchase Health Insurance for 1-year from the Thai approved list. I have paid no attention to the posts on this, so it appears I have my work cut out ahead of my to research and find an inexpensive (mostly useless) Health Insurance for duplicate health coverage (myself being 67-years old).  I do NOT plan to throw away my current excellent insurance coverage.

This was a surprise. Fortunately my permission to stay is until 27-February-2021 so I have a few weeks to sort this (and purchase throw-away insurance to meet Phuket immigration implementation of Thai requirements).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

stated my permission to stay was based on a Type-OA and they said they would NOT grant an extension based on marriage, and for a Type-OA my extension could ONLY could be done in Phuket based on ‘retirement’.

A type Non-OA is issued by your home country on the basis of retirement only, you need to be currently on a Non-O to apply for marriage extension a Non-O is also acceptable as the basis for a retirement extension. This is not particular to Phuket Immigration.

36 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

A type Non-OA is issued by your home country on the basis of retirement only, you need to be currently on a Non-O to apply for marriage extension a Non-O is also acceptable as the basis for a retirement extension. This is not particular to Phuket Immigration.

That is not correct. Many people have applied for extension of stay based upon marriage that had a entry from a OA visa.

Just a few odd offices say otherwise. In fact any non immigrant visa entry can be extended based upon marriage.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. Many people have applied for extension of stay based upon marriage that had a entry from a OA visa.

Just a few odd offices say otherwise. In fact any non immigrant visa entry can be extended based upon marriage.

I stand corrected, as they are issued as retirement only, I assumed (based on some comments in here re needing to have Thai Insurance for extension) that they had to remain so.

So after your first years OA extension, they become the equivalent of a Non-O with regards to marriage extension, but not for retirement as still require Insurance?

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Indeed - That was my understanding.   I had watched this forum (and watched a facebook page on Thai Visa) reasonably carefully and there were various cases of those on OA Visas who obtained an extension based on marriage (and not on retirement). I did not thou, pay attention if this was their 1st or 2nd (or subsequent extension). The Phuket Immigration official (in the 'retirement section') advised my wife and I that Phuket Immigration would process my application for an extension on my permission to stay (on my Type-OA) based on marriage if it was my 2nd or a subsequent extension. But they would not do so given this was my 1st extension. 

3 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I stand corrected, as they are issued as retirement only, I assumed (based on some comments in here re needing to have Thai Insurance for extension) that they had to remain so.

So after your first years OA extension, they become the equivalent of a Non-O with regards to marriage extension, but not for retirement as still require Insurance?

Just to confirm UJ comment.

The Police Orders state you must have a Non Imm type Visa to apply for an extension.

No mention of the category, i.e. Non O, Non O-A, Non B.

Phuket are making up their own requirements.

13 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Indeed - That was my understanding.   I had watched this forum (and watched a facebook page on Thai Visa) reasonably carefully and there were various cases of those on OA Visas who obtained an extension based on marriage (and not on retirement). I did not thou, pay attention if this was their 1st or 2nd (or subsequent extension). The Phuket Immigration official (in the 'retirement section') advised my wife and I that Phuket Immigration would process my application for an extension on my permission to stay (on my Type-OA) based on marriage if it was my 2nd or a subsequent extension. But they would not do so given this was my 1st extension. 

As you have the required 800K already in a Thai bank account, the easy solution is to obtain a Health Insurance policy from one of the Thai approved Insurers, then reapply based on retirement this year.

The following year you can change to marriage.

@Peter Denishas done extensive research on this issue. The LMG Thai approved policy meets the Health Insurance requirements, very cheap, but essentially useless for cover as it has a 200,000 exclusion on claims.

If Peter doesn't reply shortly, send him a PM.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Just to confirm UJ comment.

The Police Orders state you must have a Non Imm type Visa to apply for an extension.

No mention of the category, i.e. Non O, Non O-A, Non B.

Phuket are making up their own requirements.

Was it not the case that when they brought out the Insurance requirement for O-A they stated something along the lines of "and subsequent extensions" or is my memory defective again.

14 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Was it not the case that when they brought out the Insurance requirement for O-A they stated something along the lines of "and subsequent extensions" or is my memory defective again.

Correct, but the Health Insurance only applies to extensions based on retirement, not marriage/family.

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

So it now appears I will need to purchase Health Insurance for 1-year from the Thai approved list. I have paid no attention to the posts on this, so it appears I have my work cut out ahead of my to research and find an inexpensive (mostly useless) Health Insurance for duplicate health coverage (myself being 67-years old).  I do NOT plan to throw away my current excellent insurance coverage.

@Peter Denisis probably best placed on here to advise you on the insurance issue. As I recall there is a particular LMG policy which he has been recommending to others in your position to take out, and which meets Immigration requirements.

But, unless I am mistaken, Phuket had previously been reported on here as not enforcing the mandatory health insurance requirement for those seeking retirement extensions on the basis of original OA visas. If so, then they have clearly now had a change of heart.

Moreover, the fact that they are apparently not permitting retirees with original OA visas to switch to marriage as the reason for their annual extensions marks them out as a rogue office par excellence in my book.

8 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But, unless I am mistaken, Phuket had previously been reported on here as not enforcing the mandatory health insurance requirement for those seeking retirement extensions on the basis of original OA visas. If so, then they have clearly now had a change of heart.

I wouldn't swear to it, but I thought that was only for those that had already entered Thailand and obtained extensions based on retirement prior to the Health Insurance becoming a requirement.

10 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Moreover, the fact that they are apparently not permitting retirees with original OA visas to switch to marriage as the reason for their annual extensions marks them out as a rogue office per excellence as far as I am concerned.

There logic appears to be if you applied for the Visa (O-A) on the basis of retirement, then they will only issue an extension on the same basis, but in the OP's case he doesn't have an acceptable Health Insurance policy.

That can be quickly resolved.

I remember before the medical insurance thing, I saw it quoted here ad nauseum that your original O or OA visa, after expiry was dead, gone, null and void after it had expired. You were only on an extension. Turns out to be, very much not the case.

21 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Based on what I read on the Phuket Immigration Volunteer website, and consistent with what the Thai Immigration official noted, Phuket do not require Health Insurance for some extensions (on Type-OA visas) dependent on the date of the OA-Visa issue and also on the last date of entry of one into Thailand.  In my case, I did NOT qualify for the Phuket Immigration "Health Insurance" exemption for selected type OA-Visas. ....    I suspect there was no policy change in Phuket immigration, rather those who had obtained extensions (with Type-OA visas) were in a different 'timing' situation wrt their Visa/entry to Thailand - than what I am in. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I remember before the medical insurance thing, I saw it quoted here ad nauseum that your original O or OA visa, after expiry was dead, gone, null and void after it had expired. You were only on an extension. Turns out to be, very much not the case.

Think I've got it, you apply for your first extension during the validity period of your O-A (e.g. Visa is still live) hence you must go "retirement" & have insurance.

Subsequently you are on an extension and can go whichever way you want.

15 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

If you are referring to my case,  I think if you look at my old posts I never once stated I was on an extension. Rather I was still in my 1st year of my Type-OA Visa.  My Type-OA Visa was issued 28-March-2019, and was valid until 27-March-2020.  I last entered Thailand on 29-February-2020, so my 1 year on my Type-OA Visa "permission to stay" started from that point on 29-February-2020 (and my permission to stay is until 27-February-2021). 

I deliberately went to Phuket Immigration today (28-January-2021) which is possibly the 1st day of my 30-days before my permission to stay expires, so to give myself time if things go astray (which they did go astray).

Yes, I did post on my planning in advance for my 1st extension - and to that aim, 'just to be safe', I ensured I had +800K in the bank, and did not rely on only having +400K in the bank.   I feel lucky to have taken that extra precaution (of more money in the bank) just in case, to ensure I still qualified for a 'retirement' Visa financially (and not only rely on the 'marriage' possibility).

13 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Think I've got it, you apply for your first extension during the validity period of your O-A (e.g. Visa is still live) hence you must go "retirement" & have insurance.

Subsequently you are on an extension and can go whichever way you want.

That would appear to be Phuket's logic, however to apply for an extension based on retirement or marriage according to Police Orders it must be a 'type' Non Immigrant Visa.

Phuket are insisting on the correct 'category' of Visa (0/O-A) of which there is no mention in their orders.

44 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

But couldn't OP apply for the 2 months Thai wife extension, which would subsequently allow him to apply for a Non-O and then the yearly "Thai Wife" extensions?

I could be wrong - but my understanding is I would need to leave Thailand first, to 'close' my Type-OA visa, and only then able to apply for a new Type-O visa.  One can't just 'cancel' a Visa without leaving the country ( ?? )

Unfortunately there is a global pandemic going on, and at age 67 I am not too keen on travel (especially considering likely expensive quarantine requirements when entering different countries).

If there was not a pandemic going on, I would quite possibly do this, as the ~7,700 Thai baht fee (I will need for 1-year Health Insurance on the Thai approved Health Insurance list, needed for a 1-year retirement extension on my permission to stay (on my Type-OA visa) ) would go a long way to contributing to a nice short trip out of Thailand and back.

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

I could be wrong - but my understanding is I would need to leave Thailand first, to 'close' my Type-OA visa, and only then able to apply for a new Type-O visa.  One can't just 'cancel' a Visa without leaving the country ( ?? )

Unfortunately there is a global pandemic going on, and at age 67 I am not too keen on travel (especially considering likely expensive quarantine requirements when entering different countries).

If there was not a pandemic going on, I would quite possibly do this, as the ~7,700 Thai baht fee (I will need for 1-year Health Insurance on the Thai approved Health Insurance list, needed for a 1-year retirement extension on my permission to stay (on my Type-OA visa) ) would go a long way to contributing to a nice short trip out of Thailand and back.

Your understanding is correct, but due to the current situation try to make the most of what is a bad hand.

It would probably cost more or less the same to travel outside even locally, Visa fee, travel, hotel expenses etc.

Once you have successfully obtained your 1 year extension based on retirement, just be aware that if you change the reason of your application to marriage the following year, the marriage extension will start from the date of your application, not from the date your retirement extension ends.

Apply about a week before your retirement extends ends, that way you'll only lose7 days at most and have time to obtain that extra document that they're sure to want. ????

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Thankyou all for your Health Insurance recommendations (for 'throw-away' health insurance - which is what I need).

>> I did PM you a Guideline document (with tips and caveats) on how to apply for the LMG Plan-1 (with 200K deductible) health-insurance.  It is by far the cheapest Thai 'throw-away' insurance to meet the mandatory IO-imposed 400K/40K health-insurance requirement, with annual premium ranging from 6.000 THB to 11.400 THB in the age categories of 51 till 75 years of age.  Additional advantage being that the LMG Insurance Plan-1 insurance also does NOT require an (expensive) medical to subscribe to it.

My own experience when applying for that LMG Plan-1 policy > The application process went very smooth.  Did sent the filled-in application form on Sunday evening.  Monday morning I already had response that it was received and being processed (but with request for a copy of my passport ID-card).  After sending that, within hours I received confirmation of application approved and payment details.  I paid same-day and Tuesday morning I received the Health Insurance Certificate by e-mail, and 3 days later I received the policy documents by regular mail.

Success with your application!

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

>> I did PM you a Guideline document (with tips and caveats) on how to apply for the LMG Plan-1 (with 200K deductible) health-insurance. 

Thank you.  I received it and I will read it.

As for the exact date selection for my Insurance starting, because I live a close 10-minute car drive from Phuket Immigration, going to the Immigration office is not a big inconvenience.  My current "permission to stay" expiry date on 27-February-2021 is an inconvenience to me (as in non-COVID times I like to travel go cold countries in the cold January/February months for winter sports < I know - that's strange > ) , and a renewal sometime in November or December would be much better for me.  

I'm tempted (but have not decided) to see if I can negotiate the insurance coverage to start in mid-February and end sometime in mid-December-2021 ... I don't mind paying the same Insurance price even if it only 10 instead of 12 months.

or if that too risky, to simply have the insurance date (for one year) start on around 18-Feb-2021 (well after Chinese New Year) ... with the intent of each year gradually move up the renewal date until its in December.   

The basic idea is to use the Immigration tying the Insurance ending date to the 'permission to stay' end date, to my advantage.

On 1/28/2021 at 10:25 AM, oldcpu said:

My initial attempt today to go for a 1-year extension on my permission to stay in Thailand was denied in Phuket. I tried for an extension based on Marriage (initially denied) and Retirement (also initially denied).

I last entered Thailand on 29-Feb-2020 on a Type-OA visa. I am married with a Thai wife. I have excellent Health Insurance (exceeds the coverage of that on the Thai approved insurance company list) that covers both myself and my wife, is VERY inexpensive as it comes with my pension,  ... but my Health Insurance is not on Thai approved insurance list.

Failed 'Marriage' extension attempt: My Thai wife and I went to room 204 of Phuket Immigration for a 1-year extension based on marriage. I had all paper work, but the Phuket Immigration officials looked at the Visa, stated my permission to stay was based on a Type-OA and they said they would NOT grant an extension based on marriage, and for a Type-OA my extension could ONLY could be done in Phuket based on ‘retirement’. They referred me to room 103 of Phuket immigration where they stated I must ask for an extension based on ‘retirement’. The Immigration Office was very crowded and they immediately gave their attention to the next person in line. 

I have in excess of 80k Thai baht in the bank, so funds already in the bank for retirement extension is not an issue financially for me.

Failed 'Retirement extension Attempt': I went to room 103 of Phuket Immigration. They looked at my permission to stay stamp (entering Phuket on 29-February-2020, with a permission to stay until 27-February-2021) and noted I could only get a retirement extension if I had Health Insurance from the Thai approved list.

When my wife and I noted to this Immigration official (who had more time) we were married and asked why we were then sent to the ‘retirement’ section, the Immigration Official noted in Phuket one can only get an 1-year extension (based on marriage) on their permission to stay in Thailand (if Visa is Type-OA) if this is one’s 2nd extension on a Type-OA Visa. If it is one’s 1st extension (on a Type-OA), as is the case for me, one MUST go for a ‘retirement’ extension’. I did not know that.

Phuket Immigration Type-OA health insurance requirements: Also, in my case, the date of my entry to Thailand (on my Type-OA visa) means for Phuket Immigration I must get Health Insurance from the Thai approved list for a ‘retirement extension’.

This Health Insurance requirement for Phuket immigration (for retirement) is not a surprise to me, as the Phuket Immigration Volunteer site clearly states:

– If the Non-OA visa from your home country is issued in 2018 or later but the last entry date is AFTER 1 October 2019 then the health insurance is IS required for your extension.

From that Phuket Immigration Volunteer site, those with Type-OA Visas who do not require Health Insurance fall under these categories:

– If the Non-OA visa from your home country is issued In or BEFORE 2017 then the health insurance is NOT required for your extension.
– If the Non-OA visa from your home country is issued in 2018 or later but the last entry date is before 1 October 2019 then the health insurance is NOT required for your extension.

I had mistakenly believed I could obtain an extension based on Marriage with my Type-OA as a 1st extension. Turns out I was not correct wrt how Phuket Immigration implements the requirements.

Leaving Thailand and returning (on a different visa), in this pandemic time, is not something I am keen to do at present. So it now appears I will need to purchase Health Insurance for 1-year from the Thai approved list. I have paid no attention to the posts on this, so it appears I have my work cut out ahead of my to research and find an inexpensive (mostly useless) Health Insurance for duplicate health coverage (myself being 67-years old).  I do NOT plan to throw away my current excellent insurance coverage.

This was a surprise. Fortunately my permission to stay is until 27-February-2021 so I have a few weeks to sort this (and purchase throw-away insurance to meet Phuket immigration implementation of Thai requirements).

I have O retirement visa and am currently in Quarantine in BKK after returning from France. I will also be renewing my O visa before its Feb 24 expiration. But for the return to Thailand i needed specific Covid insurance and long-stay insurance. I too have excellent AXA International insurance but it wasn't accepted for the Certificate of Entry. I looked at a few Thai companies but the cost was close to 80k (and some wouldn't insure someone of my age - I'm 67 too). I then tried Pacific Cross and was emailed by an English customer rep who is in Bangkok who gave me various options. I chose a 300k deductible and it was only 26k and i only paid the first 6 months of around 13k. He said if i don't want to continue it i just don't pay the next 6 months. As i dont need the insurance to renew my O visa (hopefully) i will probably let it lapse. Pacific Cross and the others wanted a full medical at a hospital before signing me up and as i was in France and was close to leaving it was a problem (especially as it needed to be in English). I was getting really worried and then the Pacific Cross guy said i can do it when i'm in Thailand so that solved the problem - they sent my coverage certificate and it was accepted. If you're interested email the rep at [email protected]

Regards, Rob

PS: I just looked at the LMG insurance - looks less expensive and meets requirements! Too late for me now.....

12 minutes ago, RobPhuket said:

I have O retirement visa and am currently in Quarantine in BKK after returning from France. I will also be renewing my O visa before its Feb 24 expiration. But for the return to Thailand i needed specific Covid insurance and long-stay insurance. I too have excellent AXA International insurance but it wasn't accepted for the Certificate of Entry. I looked at a few Thai companies but the cost was close to 80k (and some wouldn't insure someone of my age - I'm 67 too). I then tried Pacific Cross and was emailed by an English customer rep who is in Bangkok who gave me various options. I chose a 300k deductible and it was only 26k and i only paid the first 6 months of around 13k. He said if i don't want to continue it i just don't pay the next 6 months. As i dont need the insurance to renew my O visa (hopefully) i will probably let it lapse. Pacific Cross and the others wanted a full medical at a hospital before signing me up and as i was in France and was close to leaving it was a problem (especially as it needed to be in English). I was getting really worried and then the Pacific Cross guy said i can do it when i'm in Thailand so that solved the problem - they sent my coverage certificate and it was accepted. If you're interested email the rep at [email protected]

Regards, Rob

Thanks for the info.

You wrote that the permission to stay from your Non Imm O Visa expires 24 February.

1 - That means that you only needed the mandatory covid insurance for 2 months (it has to cover the period of the permission to stay you had or will receive on entering Thailand).

As a 67-year old you could have subscribed to the covid-19 only insurance provided by TGIA < https://covid19.tgia.org/ > which would have cost you approx 8.500 THB. 

Alternatively - and actually a much better option - you could also have subscribed to SafetyWing Travel Insurance, which provides 250.000 US $ covid-19 cover as part of their generous travel-insurance package < https://safetywing.com/nomad-insurance/  > and which would have only cost you approx 200 US $ for the 2 months needed.

2 - Currently as part of the CoE requirements, a Non Imm O Visa (for reason of retirement) also requires that you subscribe to a Thai IO-approved health-insurance requirement covering 400K/40K in/out-patient coverage.  The cheapest throw-away policy to meet that requirement is the LMG Plan-1 insurance (with 200K deductible) which sells at an annual premium of 7.700 THB for your age category.  And if you as a French national are with SFE you can even get it at a 40% additional discount.  Additional advantage being that that LMG assurance does not require an expensive medical to subscribe to it.

>> So total cost would have been under 14.000 THB for both policies, which is about same as you paid for your 6-month policy with PC. 

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hello
Having an original OA visa, your visa code is 2.22 you cannot request an extension for your marriage the corresponding visa is code 2.18 this is a major change to the current clause of the code It was therefore necessary to apply for a change of visa from 2.22 to 2.18 6 weeks before the extension to allow immigration to carry out the regulatory investigations of the reality of your marriage. verification of your home on site by inspectors When has insurance in the 15 agreements the cheapest for 400,000 baht https://www.thaihealth.co.th/2012/slide/pdf/Non-Immigrant_Visa_all.pdfimage.png.90bcb9e915e3c0bf5051f2eab0f8fed8.pngTHAI HEALTH INSURANCE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED the Thai ( only on the internet ) I have had it for 2 years and had to use it for a hospital claim in the amount of 47,500 baht it to be reimbursed 2 weeks later (pay attention to the plan, the room price level is insufficient does not even cover the price in a public hospital)  Please also note the details on the visa extension OA code 2.22 Some offices specify what the regulation says very little demand but give them the power to control your bookbank every 90 days (TM47) 

image.png

image.png

10 minutes ago, SPREX said:

Having an original OA visa, your visa code is 2.22 you cannot request an extension for your marriage the corresponding visa is code 2.18 this is a major change to the current clause of the code It was therefore necessary to apply for a change of visa from 2.22 to 2.18 6 weeks before the extension to allow immigration to carry out the regulatory investigations of the reality of your marriage. verification of your home on site by inspectors When has insurance in the 15 agreements the cheapest for 400,000 baht

That is not correct info. You cannot do a change of visa status while in the country.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay from retirement to marriage near the end of your current extension. When changing the reason for the extension the new one will start on the day you apply.

The 6 weeks is normal if you apply 2 weeks early. Everybody applying for an extension based upon marriage at Ubon immigration gets a 30 day under consideration period that starts from the day you apply for the extension. Offices in other regions of the country get 30 days starting from the day you apply.

A post done in French has been removed.

Forum rule.

"English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums."

Archived