Great News: entering Thailand without Quarantine...

I think this is the usual wishful thinking news that is often slung about here without any real thought. Like how Thailand were going to be beating off the tourists arriving in droves on a private jet with a suitcase of money. I believe some of the vaccines dont actually stop you getting the virus, only lessen the symptoms, so I assume u are still able to infect others. And at best these vaccines what, 70% effective? Its not gonna happen.

• Like 2

I just read that the EU approved the implementation of such system, so I am sure Thailand cant be far behind. 

"EU adopts Mitsotakis proposal on coronavirus “vaccination passport,” says PM’s office "

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/01/28/eu-adopts-mitsotakis-proposal-on-coronavirus-vaccination-passport-says-pms-office/#.YBLzWR-GIRA.facebook

"

EU member states adopted guidelines on the proof of vaccination for medical purposes on Thursday, following a proposal by Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, his office said on Thursday.

“The first step in the implementation of Kyriakos Mitsotakis’ proposal for a European vaccination certificate was made today,” the PM’s office said, according to state-run news agency amna.

The proposal, it added, is a significant start. "

• Thanks 1

Not going to happen in at least six months time from now. Let's see how far off I am with this prediction. The Thai government seems extremely cautious with the entry requirements. I bet they will be among the last to ease off.

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

I just read that the EU approved the implementation of such system, so I am sure Thailand cant be far behind. 

"EU adopts Mitsotakis proposal on coronavirus “vaccination passport,” says PM’s office "

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/01/28/eu-adopts-mitsotakis-proposal-on-coronavirus-vaccination-passport-says-pms-office/#.YBLzWR-GIRA.facebook

"

EU member states adopted guidelines on the proof of vaccination for medical purposes on Thursday, following a proposal by Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, his office said on Thursday.

“The first step in the implementation of Kyriakos Mitsotakis’ proposal for a European vaccination certificate was made today,” the PM’s office said, according to state-run news agency amna.

The proposal, it added, is a significant start. "

While at the same time, Germany is considering shutting down all international travel in/out of the country. Sounds promising. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

I agree. The only way moving forward....

So the first tourists to arrive again are 80+....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What i have read is the 3rd quarter of this year it might happen.

That is what I have also read concerning the Thai proposal. But as we both know every system has a number of components, whose interaction can and most likely will change any predictions. As the old saying goes,   "No plan survives first contact with the enemy "

Input: what you want it to do

Process: how it is done

Unforeseen consequences : things you have not considered

monitoring: does the process  accomplish the input

adjustment: changes to process to compensate for unforeseen consequences

Output : Product of the process as close as possible to input 

Every one of these components contain Sub-systems with the same concerns 

These are all things that anyone designing a system must consider and you can bet Thais , Europeans, Americans etc. , are designing such systems, that perform as best as  Politics will allow. Politics is the wildcard .

Based on observable conditions right now    certain predictions are made not accounting   for unforeseen consequences.  As encountered adjustments  will be made.  Let's hope any changes are for the best.   

13 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

I agree. The only way moving forward....

So the first tourists to arrive again are 80+....

Not a Troll 

Similar proposals are being made all over the world. I read the the EU is considering the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know, I wish folks who think about posting things like this based on news articles would first learn the difference, in English, between the word "could" (used in the article) and the word "will" (used in the OP's post).

Lots and lots of things could happen.  Only some of those will happen.

• Like 2

It is a proposal only. Made by the tourism folks. They have made many proposals over the months none of which have been adopted.

Meanwhile the body that decides such thing (CCSA)  has announced that quarantine will still be required of people with proof of vaccination. Somilar announcement by the authorities in Cambodia.

If evidence later emerges that vaccination prevents a person from contacting and spreading the virus that would likely change things but the data is not yet available.

The other things that might change policy would be:

- experience with vaccinated people in quarantine. If time passes and no immunized person tests positive while in quarantine  that may influence thinking. It will however be many months before a sizable number of people entering quarantine are already vaccinated.

- having a significant portion of the Thai public  vaccinated. This too will take many months.

• Like 2

Some time in the distant future this vaccination passport/record will become mandatory

For example, we already have this regarding children’s and vaccination for TB or Polio as an example, the medical records are kept in the child’s book which are in use in Thailand.

So this is something that needs to be incorporated on visa applications or even inserted to the passport on some form of chip or SIM.

But it will happen absolutely no doubt about it.

the WHO will publish a list and if the Vaccine is on the list, each country can decide to recognise it, or ask the tourist to quarantine instead