Two killed, several injured after ‘drunk’ foreigner crashes into motorcyclists in Hua Hin

webfact

On 1/29/2021 at 10:23 AM, NCC1701A said:

It was a scene of chaos yesterday as I was coming home. Ambulance staging area transfering bodies, I counted five ambulances. I did not see the accident but it was clear the truck driver just plowed into the scooters at speed. 

Is it possible that he was used to drive on the right lane?

It doesn't look like somebody made him drive on the wrong lane. 

How do you lose control on a straight road/?

RIP and a speedy recovery for the injured ones. 

What a sad and tragic accident.

If he's drunk, then he should face all the consequences. 

Edited by teacherclaire

• 5 months later...

Well, one of the first things  I would do is get all his assets frozen. It's very clear he's going to prison for a very, very long time if drunk and this is going to cost him every baht he has in paying off relatives. If he has no money I cannot see him getting out of prison for 30-40 years 

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Well, one of the first things  I would do is get all his assets frozen. It's very clear he's going to prison for a very, very long time if drunk and this is going to cost him every baht he has in paying off relatives. If he has no money I cannot see him getting out of prison for 30-40 years 

No,

i know the guy....

he paid 2m, and got released, since he is back in his work somewhere in hua hin..

100% true

• Thanks 1

As long nobody knows exactly what was happening, nobody should judge the Driver.

I just passed a Situation where a Motorcyclist was coming on the wrong street side. Impossible to see... 

it have been only some Millimeters and not only he would be dead.. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 9:52 AM, keith101 said:

What central reservation , cant see any in the video unless it was further back up the road . Maybe more cctv can show what actually happened .

Is it possible some idiot on a motorbike pulled out in front of to go the wrong way which they do all the time . If indeed he was drunk and caused the accident then throw the book at him .

If the driver was over the legal limit for driving that  does not necessarily mean that it was his fault for causing the accident . 

On 1/29/2021 at 9:52 AM, robblok said:

Some of the expats in Thailand love to imitate the locals and love their drink. A lot of those on the forum. Just look at the howls of displeasure when alcohol is banned for a day.

If guilty send him to jail and then ban him from entering Thailand. 2 people died and if he was drunk its an unforgiveable act.

drugs involved maybe   .....  

i went over the entire area just minutes after this happened. 

there is a very slight bend in the road just before the impact area. if you don't make that very slight adjustment to the left to follow the slight curve you just cross the line and now you are traveling in opposite traffic. the google map images make things look very far away.   

photo #1 is looking in the direction the scooter was traveling at the point of impact. 

photo #2 is POV of truck driver at impact. 

impact.JPG

impact 2.JPG

• Confused 1