Bars and pubs in Bangkok to remain closed but it's good news for pub goers in the rest of Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, saintbangkok said:

Live music can be played but dancing is not permitted.

So, I can go to get drunk, kiss loads of ladies and all is OK. But if i dance I am at risk of getting Covid yes? 

Is no one seeing through this nonsense yet?

The fact that you are a lousy dancer isn't nonsense.

51 minutes ago, JonnyF said:
59 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This is the expected response / likely unintended but fully expected consequence

Tens of thousands of people from Bangkok will now travel to other provinces for weekends away....just what you need when you're attempting to control an outbreak ????

Maybe this is all a cunning plan from TAT?

I think you are reading too much into yesterday's 'sexy tour' brainfart from a talking head at TAT.

• Like 1

"High control (Red)

Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi

- Pubs, bars, karaoke and all entertainment venues remain closed for in-house service, but takeaways are allowed."

So if I lived Bangkok I would be allowed to buy some beer, pay a bar fine and head back to my condo, provided the pubs and go-go bars are providing take away service.

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Ok so beer n bars open in Huahin Pattaya etc

Now all infected ones will jump in car and move out of BKK for weekends beers

I foresee a flaw in this system

Most of those infected are migrant labourers from Myanmar - I doubt they'll be popping out of Bangkok for weekend beers!

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

OK, allow me to rephrase for the hard of understanding.

Time for a weekend away. From 1st Feb, will the pubs in Pattaya, Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi be open? 

The article states as for Pattaya which is part of Chon Buri, rated ORANGE  that means restaurants, Pubs, Bars, can open until 11pm and serve alcohol, music is allowed to play but no dancing?  Feb 1st! as I see it the first two days as always will be the test that is when they go out and do their photo ops if all goes well thereafter those who can pay up will have the right to free for all?

4 minutes ago, manc74 said:

Are these people in charge for real? Massage parlours allowed to open with body contact but can't have an alcoholic drink with your meal. ????

Hookers and ham-shandy offering massage girls  protesting at government house make for terrible optics...  

.... those in positions of decision making power who’ve spent decades announcing ‘there is no prostitution in Thailand’ don’t want their noses rubbed in it, not until the hours of darkness anyway...  :whistling:

... Alcohol is a far easier target for the hypocritically sanctimonious to show they are doing something.... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is the expected response / likely unintended but fully expected consequence

Tens of thousands of people from Bangkok will now travel to other provinces for weekends away....just what you need when you're attempting to control an outbreak ????

And we'll know who to blame.

4 hours ago, saintbangkok said:

So, I can go to get drunk, kiss loads of ladies and all is OK. But if i dance I am at risk of getting Covid yes? 

Why you thing too mutch? 

36 minutes ago, superal said:

Can anyone please clarify ,   me going to Bangkok next week , will the hotels be able to serve alcohol , also whats the latest with Suvarnabhumi airport ref; restaurants and bars   

No.  Alcohol consumption in restaurants/hotels is still prohibited in Bangkok and bars remain closed.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, poohy said:

Ok so beer n bars open in Huahin Pattaya etc

Now all infected ones will jump in car and move out of BKK for weekends beers

I foresee a flaw in this system

From Bangkok to the Orange zones hopefully, likewise Orange into Yellow and Yellow into Green.

1 hour ago, manc74 said:

Are these people in charge for real? Massage parlours allowed to open with body contact but can't have an alcoholic drink with your meal.

It’s OK, only socially distanced body contact is permitted, quote “Massage parlours, gyms and fitness centres are allowed to re-open with social  distancing measures in place.”

6 hours ago, saintbangkok said:

How much more is your breath and spittle exhausted during dancing than sitting down drinking and listening?

• Confused 1