Bars and pubs in Bangkok to remain closed but it's good news for pub goers in the rest of Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, fakser said:

You can hop on the class 3 train from Hua Hin in Bkk. By the time it arrives, the pandemic will be over.... 

Remember, you're talking about SRT.... So I believe the better/correct way to say that would have been:

IF it arrives, the pandemic will be over.... 

I really wonder where they get there great ideas from. Just encourage people to travel away from Bangkok. When they asked people not to travel. Very strange !  What is it all about ? 

Think about it..

Just now, ray666 said:

I really wonder where they get there great ideas from. Just encourage people to travel away from Bangkok. When they asked people not to travel. Very strange !  What is it all about ? 

Think about it..

I think its bulls..t and Thailand are not playing the game.

1 hour ago, Thaiophil said:

According to the Bangkok Post,  red zone rules specifically prohibit the reopening of sex massage parlours and gambling dens.

Poor old plod now has to ensure the non opening of establishments that officially don’t exist????????????

Not a problem, Plod probably runs them anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rbanjo said:

How much more is your breath and spittle exhausted during dancing than sitting down drinking and listening?

Given that dancing has been defined as a "vertical expression of a horizontal desire" quite a lot!

These varying restrictions however are really about people in uniform laying down the law, to show how important they are. If you want to try and control the spread of the virus, you either close everything and take the economic hit (the "influential ones" won't buy that) or you let things run and take the risk.

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Most of those infected are migrant labourers from Myanmar - I doubt they'll be popping out of Bangkok for weekend beers!

Congratulations you now think like a Thai...... God help you!

i guess the more enlightened of us see a different picture

Living south of Prachuap near the border we also have Burmese working for Thais on boats  or farms i have not hear of any checks on them or their immediate  THAI connections. Worrying!

12 hours ago, poohy said:

Ok so beer n bars open in Huahin Pattaya etc

Now all infected ones will jump in car and move out of BKK for weekends beers

I foresee a flaw in this system

This is the norm every Friday morning the exodus starts from BK to Cha Amm and Huahin. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

During this mini lockdown I have built a enormous catapult in my backyard here in Hua Hin. the second the order is announced that "entertainment" venues are open I will launch myself towards Bangkok. 

xcatapult_trebuchet.jpg.pagespeed.ic.PpVJeMc7j9.jpg

18 hours ago, saintbangkok said:

Live music can be played but dancing is not permitted.

So, I can go to get drunk, kiss loads of ladies and all is OK. But if i dance I am at risk of getting Covid yes? 

Is no one seeing through this nonsense yet?

I think that is crazy as well, what actually do they class as Dancing, just moving your hips from side to side or a full blown Tango lol 

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

This is the norm every Friday morning the exodus starts from BK to Cha Amm and Huahin. 

Fully aware i live in PKK we get lots of the weekend  wanderers i do have a better more adept  adjective also beginning with  "W" but it would  be frowned upon by the Prefects

19 hours ago, saintbangkok said:

Live music can be played but dancing is not permitted.

So, I can go to get drunk, kiss loads of ladies and all is OK. But if i dance I am at risk of getting Covid yes? 

Is no one seeing through this nonsense yet?

Yeah, insanity is in full fledge mode. Also, I like how Covid comes out lurking at night only after 12am, hates dancers in yellow ones and alcohol beverages in red zone provinces. 

7 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Is there anyone out there who still thinks that this is anything about a virus  ?

There are many who knows it has nothing to do with any virus or pandemic but most are simply afraid to speak about it. The <deleted> has turned out to be too crazy for a normal person's comprehension and you don't know where even to start from when discussing this nonsense. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

It’s OK, only socially distanced body contact is permitted, quote “Massage parlours, gyms and fitness centres are allowed to re-open with social  distancing measures in place.”

Could you translate to English what does your "socially distanced body contact" mean?

My buddy who lives in Hua Hin says that during the week Binta Baht is

dead, he has only seen some bars open on Friday and Saturday evenings,

The place is like a grave yard, all over, except for the locals shopping at the

Food outlets, the malls are very quiet and  some businesses in them have

closed as well. He say it is quite depressing, but the weather is great.

He does not miss the snow.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Matreusse said:

If you can do that and at the same time observe the social distancing rules that are clearly emphasised in the English-language video, yes that is ok.   But you can't, obviously.

no, they didn't say you can dance with social distance observance, you are just making it up. Besides, sitting and chatting together at the bar table brings couples close enough to each other already. So everyone can see through this nonsense yet not everyone have guts to speak out 

• Haha 1