Thai cops struggling under debt totalling Bt270bn, says police chief

snoop1130

If only the Thai police actually turfed out (fired) all the senior officers who've been assigned to the downtown BKK "inactive posts" bureau over the years for alleged corruption and other misdeeds, I suspect the RTP would suddenly be saving enough money to pay off all the accumulated debts of the entire police force!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wonder how many regular Thai employees have been getting hourly pay bonuses during the COVID pandemic?

However, the upper echelon has apparently absconded and stolen the extra money due to the lower level folks.  Corruption knows No bounds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Fines i have paid in my time here have probably paid for a few beers or whiskeys,but never a ticket was given, i just paid at the spot as asked...

Sh..., now I remember.

Last time I met a girl. At the end, I asked for a receipt for tax purposes and if she charges VAT.

Still waiting.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

Couple of moths ago it was Thai teachers saying the same thing a good few billion baht in debt ,and now our police , who will be next?

They get these jobs, and think  as they are government workers they is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ,well wrong  they are the same as anyone else ,need to learn how to manage money .

Banks give government workers loans very easily. And often arrange special deals on interests and payments for them as well. One of the reasons the jobs remain attractive despite the relatively low salaries. 

• Like 1

Never buy anything you cant realistically afford. Always has been and always will be my mantra.

I can sleep at night knowing everything me and my family have has been paid for. No one can come knocking on the door saying we have missed a payment.

• Like 2

Didn’t expect much positivity on this thread but I’ll give it a go .... when I first came to Thailand 15 years ago the police were way more corrupt then they are now . I’d be stopped continuously and fined for absolutely nothing . The last 5 years it rarely happens and if it does they actually give me a ticket to pay at the police station . Maybe they are all getting their handouts from other sources these days but they have improved .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

What a deluge of negative <deleted> comments have ensued, I doubt any of the derogatory comments that have been posted on in this topic would have been, if any of the posters had family in the Thai police force. I do. My brother in law, was in the police for 30 years, he is now retired and lives with his wife, my wife's sister, in a basic shop house in Bangkok, for which he has just finished paying of his mortgage at the age of 65. He raised 2 daughters whom have both done well through Uni degrees etc. but never have I ever seen any sign of flash money involved. Just give a thought to some honest people that work their asses off. 

A lot of drunkards post here who claim to know Thailand better than Thai 

Nothing worry ????

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1