Wrapped in Brexit red tape, a UK freight firm struggles to trade

snoop1130

1 minute ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Yes, I have seen at least one newspaper now has been saying that more than 20 years - how the EU is doomed - it will soon fall apart and end... yet it is still here... and the UK is getting smaller (Northern Ireland and Gibraltar and possibly in the future Scotland).  So which union is more fragile?

Forget the 20 years, thanks to Brexit people from both sides of the channel are waking up to realise how beaurocracy can ruin people lives, UvL is a perfect example of a failed politician that is in charge of the EU. Do you honestly think that there will be no more exits from the failed project that is the EU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Whilst on the subject, Macron stated that Boris should make up his mind if he's friend or alie what a hypocrite, Macrons been a permanent thorn in the UK's side for years, and still is.

Uk should just do the same to the french lorry drivers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Poet said:

The EU, without a doubt.

The countries of the UK share a common taxation structure and deeply integrated cultures.

Scotland may leave the UK, or it may not, but the EU has already lost one of its biggest members.

Northern Ireland isn't going anywhere, not while a significant portion (currently a majority) of the population want to stay. Even when they are a minority, no one will want to push the issue of re-unification while they still feel strongly their British identity.

Biggest members? Biggest mugs for putting up with all their kak,also one of the biggest contributers,sorry take that back were one of its biggest contributers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Going back to 2015, certain TVF posters have been regularly predicting the 'imminent demise' of the EU. I think Mystic Meg has had more success than those pundits. 

Forget TVF posters, much of the criticism is now coming from the European media and the 27 nations themselves. I think Mystic Meg has more idea than UvLeyen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, transam said:

The EU losing a huge cash contributor, the UK, I would have thought was the start of demise.....????

Naw the eus got loadsamoney.haven,t produced a balance sheet in donkeys years think of the accountancy fees they,ve saved.

Edited by kingdong
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s rather funny, knowing how fond ‘Brexiteers’ are if slogans, particularly the use of ‘Project Fear’, but of course only when directed by Brexiteers against others, not so happy to be on the receiving end.

As ‘Lance Corporal Jones’ liked to put it, ‘They don’t like it up ‘em’.

Its always someone elses fault.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Poet said:

The EU, without a doubt.

The countries of the UK share a common taxation structure and deeply integrated cultures.

Scotland may leave the UK, or it may not, but the EU has already lost one of its biggest members.

Northern Ireland isn't going anywhere, not while a significant portion (currently a majority) of the population want to stay. Even when they are a minority, no one will want to push the issue of re-unification while they still feel strongly their British identity.

The majority in NI back a referendum, and the polls themselves are pretty evenly matched at the moment. Also worth noting that the under 45s tend towards reunification. There is a shift away from the UK. 

Majority in Northern Ireland back Irish unity poll

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I didn't heard ANY  EU business people or EU member complain about the way things are done after Brexit...., the ONLY complainers so far are some (the number keeps growing 555)  Brexiteers

Myself, I would "heard" them all into a compound and do the Thai way, point....????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2