Wrapped in Brexit red tape, a UK freight firm struggles to trade

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

am going to take 30 seconds of my time.... the first ones to complain about Brexit were the fisherman and they voted for it, then the ones on the financial sector, then the ones on the transportation sector, then the ones on the packing/processing sector and today another one.

So what, the UK's move from the EU was always going to have some hiccups, especially with dealing with the future U.S. of G.......

You forget, the UK as done it twice before, so relax and stop worrying about your cheese on toast and clerks jobs....???? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

am going to take 30 seconds of my time.... the first ones to complain about Brexit were the fisherman and they voted for it, then the ones on the financial sector, then the ones on the transportation sector, then the ones on the packing/processing sector and today another one.

Lights out: Brexit shuts off market for English cheese truckles

MATLOCK, England (Reuters) - An English company that has long been selling its wax-coated mini barrels of cheese directly to European consumers says it can no longer do so because of Brexit, pushing it to consider new investment in France.

Mavideol, I have searched the internet from top to toe and I cannot find any information as to whether the EU are having similar problems exporting to the UK, I therefore have to assume that there are no problems for goods entering the UK because if there was Reuters would report it, right.

So if there are no problems at our end, why are there problems at the EU end, could it be these problems may have been especially manifactured to serve as a lesson to punish the Brits and if that is the case there seems very little point in carrying on trading with someone as vindictive as the EU. 

I am sure that the British are as equally competent at filling paperwork in as much as our trading partners across the water, so unless the problems at your side of the channel are going unreported this has to be the case.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

A post with disallowed social media content has been removed.

Please be aware of the forum's policy on posting social media content:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source. [emphasis added]

4 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

The quote is NOT a quote. It's a fake quote. I'm a bit surprised that hard brexiteers aren't more angry that folks are putting words in the great Churchill's mouth.

The single market commenced on January 1st 1993, how did you not know that?

In the 1980s, when the economy of the EEC began to lag behind the rest of the developed world, Margaret Thatcher sent Arthur Cockfield, Baron Cockfield, to the Delors Commission to take the initiative to attempt to relaunch the common market. Cockfield wrote and published a White Paper in 1985 identifying 300 measures to be addressed in order to complete a single market. The White Paper was well received and led to the adoption of the Single European Act, a treaty which reformed the decision-making mechanisms of the EEC. In the end, it was launched on 1 January 1993.

Jeez .... how many more times are you gonna be wrong?

Yes, I wonder why there is not more uproar from my fellow Brexiteers? Your faux surprise is both patronizing and pedantic. You remind me of someone I met once.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, I wonder why there is not more uproar from my fellow Brexiteers? Your faux surprise is both patronizing and pedantic. You remind me of someone I met once.

Well if I come across as patronizing by correcting your errors, then perhaps you shouldn't of tried to correct me in the first place. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

The whole idea of having a debate online is to come up with facts. If your facts are found to be false, and they've posted evidence to back it up, then you shouldn't be complaining that someone is too 'pedantic' - especially when you tried to correct them first.

Then again, didn't someone say earlier that brexiteers always blame someone else? Hmmm...

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, tebee said:

Will England be able to survive without the City of London to help counter it's balance of payments deficit ?

Just to emphasize inability of Scotland to survive on its own,  A year long enquiry has just been published a report to verify that, so Sturgeon must be hoping the EU will be there to bail out their economy. London's financial institutions have not been decimated, and will continue as ever. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Just to emphasize inability of Scotland to survive on its own,  A year long enquiry has just been published a report to verify that, so Sturgeon must be hoping the EU will be there to bail out their economy. London's financial institutions have not been decimated, and will continue as ever. 

They have not been decimated, they've just moved/in the process of moving to the EU. Even Barclays is moving away from London;

https://fortune.com/2020/10/01/banks-trillions-jobs-brexit-move/

Financial services firms operating in the U.K. have shifted about 7,500 employees and more than 1.2 trillion pounds ($1.6 trillion) of assets to the European Union ahead of Brexit -- with more likely to follow in coming weeks, according to EY.

About 400 relocations were announced in the past month alone, the consulting firm said in a report on Thursday that tracks 222 of the largest financial firms with significant operations in the U.K. Since Britain voted to leave the bloc in 2016, the finance industry has added 2,850 positions in the EU, with Dublin, Luxembourg and Frankfurt seeing the biggest gains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More jingoistic nonsense.

’The US of G’ is a figment of your imagination.

Really, well folk thought the same as you in the 1930's, then look what happened...

Gas and burn 6,000,000 innocent folk, naaaaah, never happen.....:whistling:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Mavideol, I have searched the internet from top to toe and I cannot find any information as to whether the EU are having similar problems exporting to the UK, I therefore have to assume that there are no problems for goods entering the UK because if there was Reuters would report it, right.

So if there are no problems at our end, why are there problems at the EU end, could it be these problems may have been especially manifactured to serve as a lesson to punish the Brits and if that is the case there seems very little point in carrying on trading with someone as vindictive as the EU. 

I am sure that the British are as equally competent at filling paperwork in as much as our trading partners across the water, so unless the problems at your side of the channel are going unreported this has to be the case.

Vogie you must be confused,  the complainers are at the UK end, the UK company wants to its operations to France.... which part do you have a problem understanding

Edited by Mavideol
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Vogie you better read the all article, the complainers are at the UK end, the EU is just following what was agreed upon

Reuters are saying this, yes. It would be nice to know every angle to these Reuters stories, then we can evaluate whether they are just stirring the soup or not, would that be a fair comment.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Reuters are saying this, yes. It would be nice to know every angle to these Reuters stories, then we can evaluate whether they are just stirring the soup or not, would that be a fair comment.

up to you but for me it's same same.... UK complained before the EU this and that and they wanted exit the EU now they have exited the EU and yet they still complain, this time saying they shouldn't have had, would it be considered a fair comment

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

up to you but for me it's same same.... UK complained before the EU this and that and they wanted exit the EU now they have exited the EU and yet they still complain, this time saying they shouldn't have had, would it be considered a fair comment

Yes we have exited the EU and it would be awfully nice if they accepted this fact instead of making enemies, it is nothing but damnright juvenile behaviour, I don't see the UK playing silly games, if traffic can flow freely one way and not the other there has to be serious questions being asked, and as my ears are burning, I wouldn't at all be surprised if these questions are being asked right now.

If the EU are going to carry on throwing their toys out of the cot it would be better for all concerned to say 'we cannot work together' and lets go our own way and let the EU steep in their own juices.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

One reason could be the UK Customs are letting everything through from the EU because they haven't got their act together, i.e. IT systems and trained Customs officers are not ready yet!

Welcome smugglers!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brexit-full-controls-on-goods-entering-uk-will-not-apply-until-july-2021/ar-BB15oBG5 

Although this article is 7 months old it may still have some bearing on recent events, who knows, certainly written well before the deal was finalised.

However if it only means training a few poor souls to do the checks, whats the problem, everything will soon be running as smoothely as a well oiled machine shortly.

All this fuss over a few Percy Pigs, Jelly and the Dutch taking our ham sandwiches. Seems very inconsequential compared to what the EU tried to do to the NI protocol doesn't it.

23 hours ago, transam said:

A laid back attitude you mean.....Run the country with a laid back attitude....Oh well.....

No its just normal, but to be honest if you look at the news then our prime minister ran the country a hell of a lot better then yours. Oh well. 

If there as much bad news in the press about my PM as there is about yours he would not have survived that long. I guess the English are a bit like the Americans. They don't care about the faults of their PM as long as its on the side that they voted for. (explains Trump, probably explains the lying backflipping BJ too)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

No its just normal, but to be honest if you look at the news then our prime minister ran the country a hell of a lot better then yours. Oh well. 

If there as much bad news in the press about my PM as there is about yours he would not have survived that long. I guess the English are a bit like the Americans. They don't care about the faults of their PM as long as its on the side that they voted for. (explains Trump, probably explains the lying backflipping BJ too)

Well, it seems your PM has nothing to do on the world stage, so I understand your point. But, the whole of the government walking out, now come on, was it over something incredibly serious, well it must have been.

I recall you said, your country needs the EU, now I can see why.....:whistling:

On 2/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, graemeaylward said:

Wow, Brexit really has changed the UK!   When I lived in Suffolk (where Felixstowe is) it was in East Anglia, on the East Coast facing the North Sea!

Way to avoid the point of the whole article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Could you give me some examples about your PM being on the world stage ? I mean Economic power wise its outclassed by Germany (easily). And Germany does not even rate high. Now that BJ is alone his world stage appearances will only become less. I

And yes they all walked out to take responsibility. Something I seldom see with Brit politicians. They hang on to power like Trump. If you think its bad to accept faults and take responsibility then why do you even want to live in a democracy.

If my country had excited the EU with the track record your had it would have taken responsibility and stopped too. But then again my goverment would never be so stupid as to leave the EU.

Uk so ill prepared they want another 2 years. So brexit not as good as some think it is. But it seems as bad as most said it would be.

• Like 2