Vaccinated foreigners may be allowed to enter Thailand without quarantine

webfact

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not going to happen 

How could you be so cynical, I mean 10 million tourists only means about 320000 per day which would be around 78  - (400 seater) flights every single day, what could be wrong with that?

On 12/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, ktm jeff said:

Edited by Formaleins

As Israel races to vaccinate its population to bring the coronavirus under control, a new report shows that even though one million Israelis have been vaccinated, the virus remains difficult to eradicate.

To date, 240 Israelis who received the first dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine have later been diagnosed with the virus, according to the Times of Israel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cormanr7 said:

Maybe yous should read this first:  https://thethaiger.com/news/national/survey-finds-thais-want-tourists-back-but-with-quarantine

Apart from that we have heard endless proposals/suggestions from the TAT and we have all seen how that has ended. They are not the decision makers.

Thais surveyed .....thats rich.  Easy to fill out a survey when you dont need the min 45 days off to quarantine and be a tourist. Easy also when its farangs that pay $1500 and up for ASQ quarantine whilst free for Thais in quarantine.  

the survey ill like to see ...how many here on commenting on TV regarding quarantine have ACTUALLY done quarantine in Thailand?  I got plenty of time 8th day in quarantine of 16 required at 60.000b.  One survey question ill answer.  It suxs.  

3 hours ago, Mywayboy said:

Why would I want to leave a relatively safe country like Australia & go to a Covid19 hotspot such as Thailand.

Thailand, 20,454 cases and 79 deaths, Oz 28,824 cases and 909 deaths. Thailand currently more fun than Perth!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ian C HH said:

Regardless whether TAT will or won’t allow isn’t even CONSIDERING the possibility somewhat dangerous? we already know that certain vaccines only have fifty something percent effectiveness. Potentially then fifty percent vaccinated people are still carriers?

stranger danger. ! 

Dangerous at the moment yes, but I believe this virus is going to be with us for quite some time.  Countries can't stay locked down for ever - I think the time will come when compromises have to be made and long term strategies put in place.  Vaccinations are taking place and treatments are improving - it may be that countries wishing to stimulate their economies have to decide on a level of acceptable risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rioD said:

As Israel races to vaccinate its population to bring the coronavirus under control, a new report shows that even though one million Israelis have been vaccinated, the virus remains difficult to eradicate.

To date, 240 Israelis who received the first dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine have later been diagnosed with the virus, according to the Times of Israel.

When posting such stories, perhaps you should not be so selective regarding the section of the text that you copy and paste.  How about adding this section:

Among the nearly one million Israelis vaccinated against coronavirus so far, some 240 Israelis have been diagnosed with the virus days after getting the shot, Channel 13 News reported Thursday.

The point is that your original post suggests that the vaccine doesn't work so well, when the truth is that it takes time for immunity to kick in as recognised in the next paragraph of the article:

The figure underscores the need for individuals to continue to protect themselves for weeks after being inoculated, as the body takes time to develop effective antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

When posting such stories, perhaps you should not be so selective regarding the section of the text that you copy and paste.  How about adding this section:

Among the nearly one million Israelis vaccinated against coronavirus so far, some 240 Israelis have been diagnosed with the virus days after getting the shot, Channel 13 News reported Thursday.

The point is that your original post suggests that vaccine doesn't work so well, when the truth is that it takes time for immunity to kick in as recognised in the next paragraph of the article:

The figure underscores the need for individuals to continue to protect themselves for weeks after being inoculated, as the body takes time to develop effective antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19.

That article is a month old. It now 12000 confirmed cases in people who have received the first dose and 70 cases in people who have received both doses. I am assuming all of these cases are likely to be symptomatic as it is unlikely they went for a test if they were asymptomatic 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

That article is a month old. It now 12000 confirmed cases in people who have received the first dose and 70 cases in people who have received both doses. I am assuming all of these cases are likely to be symptomatic as it is unlikely they went for a test if they were asymptomatic 

The point is that the infections took place before immunity had built up.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, AmySeeker said:

This is upteenth thread of this. It's just a proposal.

Nothing will change till Thailand vaccinates it's vulnerable population.

Vaccinated people can probably not transmit it. So no need to wait for thai to be vaccinated if tourists are

Israeli study suggests Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine decreases virus transmission

A new study from Israel's Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer suggested that the Pfizer vaccine does, in fact, reduce transmission. The small study of 102 medical workers found that after the second dose of the vaccine, 100 of the subjects had significantly higher levels of antibodies than even people who recovered from severe COVID-19 infections, The Jerusalem Post reports.

"The results of the survey are in line with Pfizer's experiment and even better than expected," said Prof. Gili Regev-Yochay, director of Sheba's Infectious Disease Epidemiology Unit. "I expect that the survey results of the other employees participating will be similar. There is certainly reason for optimism." It isn't clear how long immunity will last, and the results are preliminary, but Regev-Yochay said it appears to her that fully vaccinate people won't shed the virus, meaning they won't pass it on to others.

"People who have received both doses of the vaccine have levels of antibodies ranging from six to 59," Regev-Yochay said. "These are high values, and it's encouraging and reasonable to assume that these people will not be carriers or contagious, although that is still not a direct conclusion." Israel is the first country to have vaccinated nearly a quarter of its population, making it a valuable resource for vaccine developers and public health experts.

https://news.yahoo.com/israeli-study-suggests-pfizer-covid-143104894.html

• Sad 1

As has been posted and reported on many times before:

"— The vaccines prevent illness, but maybe not infection. COVID vaccines are being authorized based on how well they keep you from getting sick, needing hospitalization and dying. Scientists don’t know yet how effective the vaccines are at preventing the coronavirus from infecting you to begin with, or at keeping you from passing it on to others. (That is why vaccinated people should keep wearing masks and maintaining social distance.)"

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/31/world/covid-19-coronavirus#covid-19-vaccine-coronavirus-positive

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It's actually a good result as it shows a significant drop in infections even after 2 weeks when compared to the national prevalence at the time of the study.

I agree all people got to do is put their critical thinking cap on?  Everyone one is different especially our immune system people get different reactions and results. I keep in touch with family members back home a number is in the health industry a Department head in a major City Health Department another a Doctor who heads a major West coast Veteran hospital both already had their jabs aside from a soar arm nothing major that includes all my cousins and friends in the States all over 65 my mother 103 is schedule in a few days.

Personally everything I've read in regards to the Johnson and Johnson even with the one jab I would gladly pay and take it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Given the hysterical scare attitude it is more likely that mandatory vaccination will be ADDED to the other measures to 'control the virus' (an impossible undertaking by the way, but doesn't stop the powers that be, to go that road).

So welcome to the envisioned New Normal > mandatory vaccination and mandatory quarantaine on entering the country.  Mandatory face-masks and social-distancing at any social gathering.  And top that up with the occasional provincial lock-downs when any positive case detected. 

When fear rules, everything suffers...

Yes, it is an mammoth undertaking living here needing to visit back home since I'm entrusted with so many family member Trust. All I want is to be able to travel home take care of business stay a few weeks and come back to my family here I'm not bother by all the other mandates here in Thailand but I won't go through all the required hoops just to get back. So I cross my fingers aside from the Chinese worse vaccine as soon as they put a stamp on one of the other vaccines give me that passport I'm out of here!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As has been posted and reported on many times before:

"— The vaccines prevent illness, but maybe not infection. COVID vaccines are being authorized based on how well they keep you from getting sick, needing hospitalization and dying. Scientists don’t know yet how effective the vaccines are at preventing the coronavirus from infecting you to begin with, or at keeping you from passing it on to others. (That is why vaccinated people should keep wearing masks and maintaining social distance.)"

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/31/world/covid-19-coronavirus#covid-19-vaccine-coronavirus-positive

Israeli study suggests Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine decreases virus transmission

A new study from Israel's Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer suggested that the Pfizer vaccine does, in fact, reduce transmission. The small study of 102 medical workers found that after the second dose of the vaccine, 100 of the subjects had significantly higher levels of antibodies than even people who recovered from severe COVID-19 infections, The Jerusalem Post reports.

"The results of the survey are in line with Pfizer's experiment and even better than expected," said Prof. Gili Regev-Yochay, director of Sheba's Infectious Disease Epidemiology Unit. "I expect that the survey results of the other employees participating will be similar. There is certainly reason for optimism." It isn't clear how long immunity will last, and the results are preliminary, but Regev-Yochay said it appears to her that fully vaccinate people won't shed the virus, meaning they won't pass it on to others.

"People who have received both doses of the vaccine have levels of antibodies ranging from six to 59," Regev-Yochay said. "These are high values, and it's encouraging and reasonable to assume that these people will not be carriers or contagious, although that is still not a direct conclusion." Israel is the first country to have vaccinated nearly a quarter of its population, making it a valuable resource for vaccine developers and public health experts.

https://news.yahoo.com/israeli-study-suggests-pfizer-covid-143104894.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dash said:

not sure for immunity.........but it is possible that produced antibodies can be detected and immune cells are triggerd for unknown actions in the future ....... that is how corona acts in cats in my expirience for the last 35 years.

Yes, my bag that's the word " antibodies "  Thanks for the correction!

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not going to happen 

QUITE right, and it is because none of the vaccines so far can prove that Covid can not be passed on after vaccination, none of the vaccines were tested on old people, they still do not know how long immunity will last nor do they know if those vaccinated will still be able to catch covid again, the latter has already happened 

So <deleted> at the moment. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

none of the vaccines so far can prove that Covid can not be passed on after vaccination,

To justify dropping quarantine for vaccinated people, doesn't it just have to reduce their risk of transmitting covid to a similar level to quarantine? It seems to go some way towards this.

none of the vaccines were tested on old people,

The Pfizer vaccine's original phase 3 group included over 65s, and it has been rolled out to older people preferentially in several places (Israel for one).

they still do not know how long immunity will last

True, but couldn't immunity be tested, eg via antibody tests?

I think a system involving vaccination +/ administering an antibody test kit (ideally via the Thai Embassy where you apply for a visa) could provide a similar level of assurance to the existing quarantine arrangements, with much lower time/financial costs.

Whether/when the relevant departments etc will figure this out, IDK... 

Edited by onebir
  • Confused 1

Don't these fools get it.. Vaccinated does not mean immuned and can't spread the virus. It means if you get the virus and have been Vaccinated, your likely to get a milder version that may not be life threatening. 

But you still can spread it....

• Like 2

A post with a link to a questionable source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

Some troll posts and replies have been removed. 

16 hours ago, Olivie said:

They started to understand that no tourists will come to quarantine in Thailand. It took time but they finally get it.

yes they seem to think money grows on trees in the west , also what would help is 70 baht to the GBP LIKE IT USED TO BE , its hardly budged from 40 bt to gbp even though thais are nearly starving with no jobs etc , how it stays at 40 bt to GBP i will never know it must be fiddled

• Haha 1

Which vaccine and how will people prove the injection? Thailand will need 3 documents in triplicate signed by an insurance company and a doctor ???? Not to mention vaccine does not last forever against all strains, and people can still be asymptomatic with a vaccine

• Like 1