Re-Entry permit with single entry original visa

I am a few weeks into a one-year extension of stay (retirement). I meet with IMO Sriracha end of March for verification of 800,000 THB in place. At this time I will ask for a re-entry permit. I should return to the States for vaccination and taxes. My original 90 day visa is/was single entry. Does this disqualify me from obtaining a re-entry permit? If I can get the permit, what about 90 day reporting if I am not in the Kingdom? I appreciate any answers and feedback!

The original visa is not important.  The re-entry permit applies to the 1 year extension of stay.  You will get one without a problem.  As for 90 day reports, you only do them when you are continuously in the country 90 days.  If you are not then you start counting again when you come back.

• Like 2

You will need a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid when your enter the country. Nothing would disqualify you from applying for one if you have a valid permit to stay in the country.

If you leave the country a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country is not required. You first report would be due 90 days from the day you enter the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neal Hyman said:

... I should return to the States for vaccination and taxes.

Your questions have correctly been answered.

But you should seriously question yourself whether it is really needed you returning to the USA.

Returning to Thailand after your dealings in USA will once again require you to go through the CoE application process while in USA and the 15-day mandatory ASQ quarantaine when arriving in Thailand.  Considering the time, cost and inconvenience of all the above, it should be a choice of the very last resort to return to USA under the current circumstances.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, moontang said:

I am us bound in April, betting that all that extra <deleted> will be finished before my extension ends next January. You just don't get many chances to see both your parents, when you get close to 60.

If not planning to return to Thailand until almost a year from now, it is certainly true that the requirements for entry into Thailand may well be different. However, if planning to be out of the country that long, I am surprised you care about the existing permission to stay. There would be plenty of time to apply for a fresh visa for your return.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

If not planning to return to Thailand until almost a year from now, it is certainly true that the requirements for entry into Thailand may well be different. However, if planning to be out of the country that long, I am surprised you care about the existing permission to stay. There would be plenty of time to apply for a fresh visa for your return.

If the units still lived 30 minutes from Kalorama, I would have done that all along.  I am planning to return ASQ free in Novemberish. 

5 hours ago, moontang said:

I am us bound in April, betting that all that extra <deleted> will be finished before my extension ends next January.

Don't bet on it.

They won't lift the current entry requirements until they've reached 'herd' immunity levels vaccinating their own and that's looking a long way off.

• Like 1

Ubonjoe.  Thanks always interesting.  Someone on an annual retirement visa extension who obtained a re-entry

permit but was unable to use it due to Covid in their country could I ask one point  ie.  Can the unused re-entry permit be carried forward following renewal of the visa extension into the next period ?  Thanks

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

Can the unused re-entry permit be carried forward following renewal of the visa extension into the next period ?

No 

The re-entry permit would be expired and it cannot be extended when a new extension of stay (visas are not extended) is applied for. You would have to apply for a new re-entry permit.

20 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Your questions have correctly been answered.

But you should seriously question yourself whether it is really needed you returning to the USA.

Returning to Thailand after your dealings in USA will once again require you to go through the CoE application process while in USA and the 15-day mandatory ASQ quarantaine when arriving in Thailand.  Considering the time, cost and inconvenience of all the above, it should be a choice of the very last resort to return to USA under the current circumstances.

Not to mention the increased risk of being infected by Covid while in the USA and flying and transiting  to and from Thailand.

17 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Not to mention the increased risk of being infected by Covid while in the USA and flying and transiting  to and from Thailand.

but they have already vaccinated more in the US than Thailand plans to in the next three years.  Two million in one day...Thailand remaining closed is simply not a viable option for much longer.  The amount of begging going on has gotten exponentially worse.  Anyone, who thinks this is a paradise without C19 should get their head examined.  1)  there are many of the same elements of the crisis here, as anywhere 2) lifestyle changes, attitudes, customer service, people's well being have all made dramatic changes for the worse.  I don't regret staying here for the last 16 months at all, but so much has been <deleted>.

Edited by moontang

23 hours ago, Neal Hyman said:

I am a few weeks into a one-year extension of stay (retirement). I meet with IMO Sriracha end of March for verification of 800,000 THB in place. At this time I will ask for a re-entry permit. I should return to the States for vaccination and taxes. My original 90 day visa is/was single entry. Does this disqualify me from obtaining a re-entry permit? If I can get the permit, what about 90 day reporting if I am not in the Kingdom? I appreciate any answers and feedback!

A couple of things to consider; You now need an under 72 hr covid test to enter the states. The IRS announced they will NOT be accepting anyone's tax returns until after the 15th of Feb. Biden has already screwed up the vaccine rollout that had been put in place and places are running out of it. (although I had to laugh when he claimed and reaffirmed that he had ordered 600 million doses to take care of 300 people.) ????

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

First up you have the correct answers above.

Sounds like you have entered Thailand not that long ago as a non O (retirement) which is not usually available in USA. I think that currently they are.

Anyway I'm bit bemused by your plan to exit for vaccination and taxes.

I just did my Oz tax return from Thailand with my accountant. Simple.

As for vaccination, of course that's up to you however will not assist you in returning to Thailand without going through the whole COE and quarantine process. 

Thanks. I came here on a 90 day visa based upon my wife living here. She is Thai and has dual citizenship. I did not plan originally to get a one year extension. So I left my residence vacant and many family finance and other items incomplete. I really want to go home to get my act together and then decide when to return. Probably return within a few months prior to extension expiration to get my bank account back to 800,000THB. Assuming my wife wants me back????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

A couple of things to consider; You now need an under 72 hr covid test to enter the states. The IRS announced they will NOT be accepting anyone's tax returns until after the 15th of Feb. Biden has already screwed up the vaccine rollout that had been put in place and places are running out of it. (although I had to laugh when he claimed and reaffirmed that he had ordered 600 million doses to take care of 300 people.) ????

I would return no earlier than April. Other issues at home to clear up as well.

19 hours ago, moontang said:

If the units still lived 30 minutes from Kalorama, I would have done that all along.  I am planning to return ASQ free in Novemberish. 

Keep your fingers crossed re November. On the other hand it would be welcome news if true.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Keep your fingers crossed re November. On the other hand it would be welcome news if true.

Very true.

However in my thinking it would be the whole 8 fingers crossed along with toes and throw in the gonads for good measure.

• Haha 2

Hey everyone

Kind of highjacking this thread but I do have a simple question regarding the re-entry permit:

I understand that an agent can apply in lieu of the applicant.

If true, can anyone provide me with the details of a reliable agent in Bangkok ?

I know this can be easily done in person but no time really.

Have a great evening

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If you don't have time.want to go to an IO to get one just get it at the airport on the way out; 15-20 minutes.

Thanks 

I am the control freak anxious type ....I would not do anything last minute. This is why I would need someone to deal with it while I do not need it yet ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2021 at 3:23 PM, Neal Hyman said:

Thanks. I came here on a 90 day visa based upon my wife living here. She is Thai and has dual citizenship. I did not plan originally to get a one year extension. So I left my residence vacant and many family finance and other items incomplete. I really want to go home to get my act together and then decide when to return. Probably return within a few months prior to extension expiration to get my bank account back to 800,000THB. Assuming my wife wants me back????

If you got the 800k your wife has nothing to do with it and doesnt matter what she does or doesnt want.????

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, Neal Hyman said:

you do not get a 90 day visa........

• Confused 1