Is new rental lease required for visa extension

For retirement visa extension.

Expired 1 year lease from a few years back, but still live there, all required paperwork up to date based on this address(TM30, 90 day etc).

Rent continued on month to month basis after expiry, with receipts for all payments of rent and utilities.

Question-Will Chang Wattana require brand new annual lease to be signed, when extending for retirement or is documentation above sufficient

Thanks for any recent experiences or advice

5 hours ago, neytil said:

For retirement visa extension.

Expired 1 year lease from a few years back, but still live there, all required paperwork up to date based on this address(TM30, 90 day etc).

Rent continued on month to month basis after expiry, with receipts for all payments of rent and utilities.

Question-Will Chang Wattana require brand new annual lease to be signed, when extending for retirement or is documentation above sufficient

Thanks for any recent experiences or advice

A few years back, my extension was refused in Korat because my rental contract dated from 3 years ago,
But I was still living in that house.
The person in charge at Immigration said that a rental contract needs be renewed every year.
So, I needed to renew my rental contract before I was able to get my extension.

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

Chaeng Wattana Immigration will want to see an up to date lease agreement unless

something has chaned in the last 3 months

Of course individual officers often ask for different things, but no one has ever asked me for a rental contract or any other proof of address during my four retirement extensions at CW - only a map to my building the last few times. A lease was specifically required when I converted a visa exempt to Non-O.

Despite what I wrote above, I do always bring along a copy of an updated lease "just in case". Like the OP, I've been going month by month since my original one-year lease expired almost four years ago, but my building manager has always been happy to print out a new (non-binding...) page showing a different expiration date that I can stick into the lease, just to make things easier.

28 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Chiang Mai immigration asked for lease contract for retirement extension. 
It won't be a problem if the lease contract is over and it is on month to month as long as the TM30 address shows the lease contract address. 

Exactly.

Also @khunjeff your experience at CW is the same as mine. I think initially (10yr back) they may have viewed my lease. Every year since (still same condo) they never want lease.  I have current lease with me for extension however it's never required. 

My most recent extension at CW was Oct last year. 

We all love the way requirements vary from office to office and imm officer to different officer. Makes it fun.

What did Forest Gump's mother say.... "......you never know what your going to get"

37 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

I have never produced a lease at CW for the retirement visa. 

Also a lease normally renews itself automatically, unless one half terminates their side.

Don't wish to be picky...fact is a lease does not 'renew' itself.

When lease ends the two options are to either renew lease or move to month to month arrangement. Many landlords would insist on renewal of lease. My condo does and it's similar arrangement to my rentals in Oz.

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't wish to be picky...fact is a lease does not 'renew' itself.

When lease ends the two options are to either renew lease or move to month to month arrangement. Many landlords would insist on renewal of lease. My condo does and it's similar arrangement to my rentals in Oz.

My bad, I have only experienced one type of contract.

It depends on the the type of lease, either fixed term or automatic  renewal. 

Not sure you're going to get a definitive answer here? Just experiences.

I have been advised that one should have a current rental contract that covers a term through the end of the month in which you apply for the extension. Having a contract with 3+ months to go is safer. 

This has worked for me at CW for the past 10 years.

Can you get a new contract? Or a cover letter in Thai from the landlord extending the old contract?

My "residential" doc list: all retained by IO at CW for ext stay/ret-inc

Lease: term runs longer runs through the end of the current month at a minimum
Blue book signed by landlord
Thai ID card – lined through twice, "for Immigration" signed
TM30 filing (TM30 paper backup)
Photo_ House, self, number and name visible
Hand-drawn map + Gooogle maps

17 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Lease: term runs longer runs through the end of the current month at a minimum
Blue book signed by landlord
Thai ID card – lined through twice, "for Immigration" signed
TM30 filing (TM30 paper backup)
Photo_ House, self, number and name visible
Hand-drawn map + Gooogle maps

Just goes to show different experiences at same immigration office.

I deal with CW doing extensions based on retirement. Have not provided one thing on your list. 

Even the many many posts that the map must be hand drawn for CW.

My condo has a flyer and on reverse side has a map. I provide photocopy each year.

Never have done a TM30 in 10years

I always take my lease but I can't recall it being required.

Archived