Graphic video of Capitol attack opens Trump's historic impeachment trial

webfact

Just now, mtls2005 said:

They still believe, as do most cult members, right up until they take that last sip of Kool-Aid.

March 4 is the new January 6. When, I guess, trump will become the 19th president? trump's DC Hotel is raised rates to March 3 and 4 to $1,745/nt.

In any other universe I would think this is a joke, but I've heard the same "4 March 19th president" thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kamahele said:

should we only have trials for criminals when we are sure that the jury will convict before the trial has already begun?

Jury's don't vote prior to a trial...least wise they don't in the UK...maybe they do in the US?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm not sure if a trial in which the jury is formed by a body (The Senate) in which Wyoming with 580,000 people has exactly the same degree of representation as California with 39.37 million people, is a particularly sophisticated legal process...

Yep, hence my use of the word 'slightly'.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine a DEM politician would have told people to storm the Capitol. How many GOP senators would vote to jail that politician? qed

And the Democrats would also prosecute a fellow Democrat who had so blatantly spurred a terrorist attack on the capitol.

• Like 2