Retirement visa - The 800k 3 month proof of balance

I just completed the mandatory 800k proof of balance after the first 3 months of my retirement visa at Jomtien Immigration. All went well but as I was going home it dawned on me that in my excitement of getting in and out of the place in about 60 seconds flat I did not receive any form of receipt to prove that this event ever took place.

This is my second year on retirement visa but I can't remember if I got a confirmation receipt last year. Can anybody enlighten me on this? Cheers folks.

25 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

Maybe I'm getting confused that the 800k proof of balance and the 90 day reporting are two separate tasks and I should have done the 90 day report today also, which I didn't do.

Jomtien does not give a receipt or any kind of acknowledgement that you showed your bank book to prove 800k baht was still in the bank.

Your 90 day report would not be due unless you have a report receipt showing it was due on the same day.

OP, don't worry about it. You bankbook shows that the 800k remained in bank not falling below 800k. 

There were reports from several folk doing extensions (money in bank) where they had to ask for the 'report back' slip date.

It's all a farce. 

Thanks for the info guys. It transpired that I actually cocked up today in that I didn't realise that the 800k proof and 90 day report were separate processes so I just had to go back again and do the TM47 90 day report! Lol, I'm glad I asked the original question or I would have been getting my wrists slapped plus a nice fine sometime in the future.

Anyway hopefully all good now and I'm more clued up for future reference.

Playing devil's advocate it has always a mystery to me as to why Jomtien, if they are really serious in applying this particular rogue requirement, don't issue you with a 3-month retirement extension initially, and then stamp you for the remaining 9 months after you have demonstrated to their satisfaction than your account hasn't fallen a single satang below 800k during the previous 3 months.

At Rayong immigration yesterday, making my first 90 day report after renewing my retirement visa.

A printed slip had been stapled into my passport then, requesting a check of the 800k balance after 3 months.

The officer initialled and dated the slip, after checking my updated bank book. The slip is still in my passport., so no receipt needed.

18 hours ago, OJAS said:

Playing devil's advocate it has always a mystery to me as to why Jomtien, if they are really serious in applying this particular rogue requirement, don't issue you with a 3-month retirement extension initially, and then stamp you for the remaining 9 months after you have demonstrated to their satisfaction than your account hasn't fallen a single satang below 800k during the previous 3 months.

Luckily they cannot do so, as that would impact the permission to stay date on a Re-Entry Permit in case you wanted/needed to leave the country during those first 3 months.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien does not give a receipt or any kind of acknowledgement that you showed your bank book to prove 800k baht was still in the bank.

Do they keep a record of your visit?  And do they check this record before approving the next extension? 

40 minutes ago, LALes said:

No physical proof at Jomtien when I did it last year but here's a question.

Is there a grace period for this reporting like there is for regular 90 day reporting?

Can you do it 14 days early or 7 days late?

It is not the same as 90 day reporting. I assume you could do it a few days after the date they give you. Early would be less than the required 3 months in the bank.

26 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Do they keep a record of your visit?  And do they check this record before approving the next extension? 

I assume they keep a record of it.

They will verify you compiled with the requirements by checking your bank book and/or a bank statement.

37 minutes ago, LALes said:

Is there a grace period for this reporting like there is for regular 90 day reporting?

From reports of people doing this +800K bank-balance check at Jomtien, a note of you having done it is made by the Imm Officer in their computer-system.

I presume it would not be possible to do it earlier than 3 months after your 1-year retirement extension of stay using the Funds-in-Bank method was issued, as they want proof that you met the requirement of having maintained +800K during those 3 months and never slipped under it.

There have been reports of people going a couple of days later than the 'invitation day' to get that 3-month bank-balance check done, without any problems.

Note: At my SiSaKet office that also applies that bank-balance check, they confirmed to me that no 3-month bank statement was required and that an updated bank-book was sufficient for the check.

23 hours ago, Yewbzee said:

Maybe I'm getting confused that the 800k proof of balance and the 90 day reporting are two separate tasks and I should have done the 90 day report today also, which I didn't do.

At my SiSaKet IO where they also have introduced this +800K bank-balance check 3 months after your new 1-year retirement permission to stay goes into effect, they also automatically renew your 90-day report during the 1-year extension of stay process.

So that when you come back for that +800K bank-balance check after 3 months, you can do that 90-day report 'in one go'.  However, that implies that you did do that extension application close to permission to stay expiry date, otherwise you would not be able to do it during the 90-day reporting in person application window (which allows to do it up to 6 days after due date).

>> But if your IO does not renew your 90-day report when doing the 1-year extension of stay, your 90-day reporting cycle will stay the way it was.

52 minutes ago, LALes said:

Early? No.

Late? Yes.

OK. I have a perhaps interesting academic twist on this question. 

In my opinion if you showed up a month late with the proper compliance evidence they wouldn't even bat an eye much less give a problem. 

But how about this example scenario.

Let's say you show up a week late but your bank book shows you were in compliance on the due date BUT you were UNDER 800K when you showed up.

You would be pushing them to actually think about it.

I think in that case they would bat an eye but would most likely accept it. But who knows?

3 minutes ago, GoFaster said:

Has anyone in Phuket been required to do this. The only proof I have showed them is when I renewed the extension they wanted a copy of every page in my bank book which showed that the money had been there for the full 12 months.

You will not be required to do this nonsense in Phuket. Or in fact 90%+ other imm offices.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, OJAS said:

don't give them ideas please they've enough of their own or you might land up with

1. after 3 months show bank balance in book and 3 month bank statement and bank ownership letter to get 7 months to next proof date

2. after the next 7 months show bank balance in book and 7 month bank statement and bank ownership letter to get 2 months to next proof date

3. after next 2 months show bank balance in book and 2 month bank statement and bank ownership letter along with all the rest of the (12 month extension papers) to get 3 months to next proof date

22 minutes ago, GoFaster said:

Has anyone in Phuket been required to do this. The only proof I have showed them is when I renewed the extension they wanted a copy of every page in my bank book which showed that the money had been there for the full 12 months.

All I've ever done at 5 different offices over 15 years, although most of that time they only needed the last 3 months, they all wanted the entire bank passbook copied.

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I really don't think so. If you were in compliance at the three month date I can’t imagine what they could do.

The $64,000 question, though, is what would happen if you WEREN'T in compliance at any time up until the 3-month date, regardless of the timing of your follow-up trip to Immigration. Would they cancel the rest of your current extension there and then and give you 7 days to leave the country? Or would they at least allow you to see this extension out?

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The $64,000 question, though, is what would happen if you WEREN'T in compliance at any time up until the 3-month date, regardless of the timing of your follow-up trip to Immigration. Would they cancel the rest of your current extension there and then and give you 7 days to leave the country? Or would they at least allow you to see this extension out?

Yeah. 

Maybe that has been answered before but if so.I don't recall.

Suffice it to say if you're in that situation just don't report and don't apply for next year's extension.

On 2/11/2021 at 8:42 AM, LALes said:

They put on the paper they give you now ..." AFTER"  the noticed date . Once asked them in case travell ...answer was : As soon you are back ...

As others said already your final control is your passbook when applying for the new extension ..

So those who dont get a paper wih date to come ...better ask as it is not so you are free to take money out as not received that paper 

Archived