Thailand Ranked Fourth at Responding to Covid-19

webfact

Thailand Ranked Fourth at Responding to Covid-19

AN.jpg

BANGKOK,  (TNA) - Thailand has been ranked fourth at responding to the Covid-19 outbreak among 98 countries, according to the Lowy institute, an independent think tank based in Australia.

Anutin Charnvirakul, Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister said New Zealand has been ranked the best with a high score of 94.4 out of 100, followed by Vietnam with 90.8, Taiwan with 86.4 and Thailand in the fourth place at 84.2.

The ranking used the assessment period of 36 weeks, ending on Jan 9, 2021 with several indicators including the number of infections, the fatalities, the total infections and the fatalities per one million people, Covid-19 tests per 1,000 people.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-634062

tnalogo.jpg

13 minutes ago, Andreas2 said:

I don't know the ranking of India, but to me they are on the right track since September 2020 to get this mess under control.

Selection_001.jpg.5ee2f84e4a84fe1db48d3a048ee49b46.jpg

Selection_002.jpg.e3a9a060b99e9c05ee532f1a20f982fc.jpg

If you wonder how they do it, that's how they do it: Plummeting COVID Rates – Go Ask The Indians

India is currently ranked 2nd for the total number of cases but has only 112 deaths per million of population compared to the US which is rank 1st in total number of infections and has 1444 deaths per million of population.Thanks for the link to the article which is a bit of a kick up the rear for the western countries when it comes to dealing with the pandemic.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I just read that in the other paper. Quite unbelievable and the doctor openly stating the aims of this is reach herd immunity within the migrant workers. TBH I'm speechless. Deplorable.

Check out the article posted by Andreas2 about India, it's very interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lock up the infected, barricade the migrants in their factories and homes,

This is the way to stop the infection spreading and killing hundreds of thousands of people like in the US etc. 

but no credit is due to Thailand when they destroy human rights and freedoms people have.  

The Thais are more focused on saving their lives than worrying about freedom and rights nonsense. 
The virus doesn’t care about “rights” of Karens, the PC brigade, farangs refusing to wear free masks handed out by the health minister etc 

Sensible approach. 

fourth best in the world for handling the Covid situation. 
stunning result. 
Thankyou people of Thailand. Keeping us safe from this shocking pandemic that is killing millions.

Some people will try to turn it into a negative. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

The Thais are more focused on saving their lives than worrying about freedom and rights nonsense. 

Its a pity they do not think of the lives of the migrants who are at risk of being infected to see how their experiment in herd immunity goes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You mean after they bundled 40,000 factory workers together without isolating the infected from the uninfected whilst they wait for herd immunity deliberately allowing them to become infected?As reported in another article today.

Not true, they have isolated the infected from the uninfected.

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lock up the infected, barricade the migrants in their factories and homes, and hope like hell they obtain herd immunity.  Has anyone every heard of such an atrocity before.  For this they are lauded as having it under control and having a great response.  Well credit is due to all of the island countries ahead of Thailand, but no credit is due to Thailand when they destroy human rights and freedoms people have.  Treating migrants like cattle is just plain old xenophobic on their part, and mostly because they do not want to spend the money in truly caring for them.

The infected are being treated, you are spreading nonsense (again)

I give the Thais one applause. They were told to wear masks and they did In other countries they kicked up a big stink when told to wear masks and lots did not and the virus goes on and on So well done Thailand  yes i will get my jab because i really am tired of this covid <deleted> There is more to life then listening to covid all your life

3 minutes ago, Happyman567 said:

I give the Thais one applause. They were told to wear masks and they did In other countries they kicked up a big stink when told to wear masks and lots did not and the virus goes on and on So well done Thailand  yes i will get my jab because i really am tired of this covid <deleted> There is more to life then listening to covid all your life

Most Thais already were wearing masks, well at least in Bangkok, and it was due to the PM 2.5 readings and the air quality.  I have been wearing them myself for a few years already when the Air quality was bad so it was not much of a change to wear it everyday in the stores or on public transport.  Same with using the in house air purifier in all of the rooms in the house.

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Not true, they have isolated the infected from the uninfected.

Where does it say that Frits?If I could I would link the story where they say they are isolating both and are waiting for herd immunity but I'm not allowed to link it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Where does it say that Frits?If I could I would link the story where they say they are isolating both and are waiting for herd immunity but I'm not allowed to link it.

No link but a reworked version was found "The Government is waiting for these un-infected workers to develop herd immunity.  Because of being placed in together with other who have been found positive they might get mild levels of infection from their ill colleagues, Dr Taweesilp said.  The Government believes that once there was herd immunity, business and other activities could resume in the province."

Most Thais already were wearing masks, well at least in Bangkok, and it was due to the PM 2.5 readings and the air quality. 

Not most Thais in Bangkok, people wore them while having a cold and only a couple because of PM 2.5

Edited by FritsSikkink

Surely the point now is how you recover from Covid19, and return your economy to something like normal. Whatever the arguements about how the UK has handled the pandemic, at least there is a vacination plan that is going to potentially see everyone vacinated by October, I do not see Thailand being able to reopen until they also have a similar plan.